SSR Renovations

Yea sometimes my feeling get a little hurt when people bash SSR so much, but then I remember how awesome the place is when we get the pools to ourselves and no wait time at the Turf Club. Yep everyone else can go to their favorite resorts while I stay in the 'slums of Disney' and everyone is happy.

EDIT: Finally got around to watching the 3 bedroom walkt hrough, am I the only one that loved the jetted tub and shutter they previously had? Not so excited for just a soaker tub :(
I'm going to miss the jetted tub also!

Just returned from a week stay in a 2 bedroom in Congress Park... the refurb is very sleek and appreciated modernized touches like the thermostat, ceiling fan, etc. I spoke with a manager when checking in and she mentioned that they are behind on the refurb, they had originally hoped it would be done by christmas 2020 but they are projecting it lasting into mid-2021

Just returned from a week stay in a 2 bedroom in Congress Park... the refurb is very sleek and appreciated modernized touches like the thermostat, ceiling fan, etc. I spoke with a manager when checking in and she mentioned that they are behind on the refurb, they had originally hoped it would be done by christmas 2020 but they are projecting it lasting into mid-2021
Is all of congress park finished though?

We are going in May and are hoping to stay in the Paddock. I just hope they are either finished with the Paddock or having touched it yet by the time we get there. Thanks for the update!

Would be The Springs the next Part? So when you book preferred you will get a refurb room would be nice for next summer

Would be The Springs the next Part? So when you book preferred you will get a refurb room would be nice for next summer

I don’t think I have seen the order they are going in but I would think they would follow along in a more geographical pattern.

My husband had a good thought - wouldn’t they possibly go to the least desirable section next since a high occupancy period is quickly approaching. Looking at you “Paddock” - plus it does border Congress Park.....

There have been suggestions initially Paddock is next and from a contractor perspective, it is bound to be the preferred option.

But recently there have been multiple management statements to guests that it is Springs next.

I would imagine that they are going in order-of-opening. IIRC, CP opened first, then Paddock, but I could be mis-remembering.

My husband had a good thought - wouldn’t they possibly go to the least desirable section next since a high occupancy period is quickly approaching. Looking at you “Paddock” - plus it does border Congress Park.....
In that case Carousel would be next.
It would make sense to finish all preferred rooms first, to give a greater edge against standard for a while. Then Carousel, so at least people ending there would have the consolation of renovated rooms; the most requested standard area last (I guess that is Grandstand?).

In that case Carousel would be next.
It would make sense to finish all preferred rooms first, to give a greater edge against standard for a while. Then Carousel, so at least people ending there would have the consolation of renovated rooms; the most requested standard area last (I guess that is Grandstand?).
I follow a Saratoga group on another site, The Dibb. One of the DVC owners was there last week and was told by the front desk that The Springs was next. It seems like there are conflicting assumptions from every direction though! Hopefully they start the next building soon :-)

I follow a Saratoga group on another site, The Dibb. One of the DVC owners was there last week and was told by the front desk that The Springs was next. It seems like there are conflicting assumptions from every direction though! Hopefully they start the next building soon :-)

I've been following there as well, and it sounds like they are moving along pretty well in building 3, and have started part of building 4 over there. My guess is maybe by the new year or a little after, they will be done Congress Park.

It makes sense to me that the Springs would be next. A lot of hotels will have a renovated room as a booking category which doing all the preferred rooms first would allow them to do.

So if we book for the end of May, if we book standard 2 bed, we probably won’t get a renovated room, right? If we do preferred, is it guaranteed that we will get renovated?

So if we book for the end of May, if we book standard 2 bed, we probably won’t get a renovated room, right? If we do preferred, is it guaranteed that we will get renovated?
Maybe, maybe not. They started Congress Park in June and it took roughly 4 months for 4 buildings. The Springs is only 3 building and I think has less individual rooms (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) due to the 3 bedroom villas. So MAAAYBE the Springs will take less time or take exactly 3-4 months. We are booked for early May. I'm just hopping to get in the Paddock near the pool. I don't care if the rooms are new or not. The old room decor never bothered me that much. I actually kind of liked it. But I know I'm in the minority here.

Maybe, maybe not. They started Congress Park in June and it took roughly 4 months for 4 buildings. The Springs is only 3 building and I think has less individual rooms (someone correct me if I'm wrong here) due to the 3 bedroom villas. So MAAAYBE the Springs will take less time or take exactly 3-4 months. We are booked for early May. I'm just hopping to get in the Paddock near the pool. I don't care if the rooms are new or not. The old room decor never bothered me that much. I actually kind of liked it. But I know I'm in the minority here.
They’ve quite a bit to go before they finish the Congress Park buildings. One is currently part occupied, with the other half of the same building undergoing renovation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter