SSR Renovations

Ok, so for October, we just booked standard, what are the chances of a refurb? From reading this thread, I am guessing maybe a 20% chance? I am on the fence about bumping it up to preferred.

Anyone have any predictions on what section of standard they're going to start on first? I have my room request for my December trip for Paddock (my favorite area), but I'm open to change it. I know no one knows, just wondering if anyone has any predictions?

And I have felt over the years that the room assignment CMs at SSR are wonderfully focused on requests.

This will be our first time staying at SSR. When we stayed at POR there is a whole separate website that a guy put together with a ton of info. One piece of info he has is the fax number to fax in room requests. Is there a number for SSR? If not where would I make the request?

As of 1/23/2020:

They are still working on Congress Park. The end building opposite Cirque du Soleil still looks to be closed with work still being done inside. A few construction workers were in the building, but it was about 12:30 pm and a lot of construction workers were having lunch in a tented table area inside the staging area in the parking lot. Yes, the staging area is still there

In the Springs, they have started on the middle building of the 3 Springs buildings. A big chunk of the main Springs parking lot is closed off for a staging area.

Anyone have any predictions on what section of standard they're going to start on first?

I would predict The Paddock would be after The Springs, simply because The Grandstand and Carousel were constructed after the other 3 sections were built and open.

This will be our first time staying at SSR. When we stayed at POR there is a whole separate website that a guy put together with a ton of info. One piece of info he has is the fax number to fax in room requests. Is there a number for SSR? If not where would I fmake the request?

Just leave the requests with Member Services. I like to email them in to them. I also leave online check-in requests blank. Because at one point they were having issues with online check-in overriding the original requests.

Have a wonderful trip.

Just leave the requests with Member Services. I like to email them in to them. I also leave online check-in requests blank. Because at one point they were having issues with online check-in overriding the original requests.

Have a wonderful trip.

Thank you. Where would I get there email at?

As of 1/23/2020:

They are still working on Congress Park. The end building opposite Cirque du Soleil still looks to be closed with work still being done inside. A few construction workers were in the building, but it was about 12:30 pm and a lot of construction workers were having lunch in a tented table area inside the staging area in the parking lot. Yes, the staging area is still there

In the Springs, they have started on the middle building of the 3 Springs buildings. A big chunk of the main Springs parking lot is closed off for a staging area.
Thank you for this update! I have been stalking this board daily to see where they go next. I have preferred booked for the end of May.

On the member website, click on Help & Contact (up top next to My DVC). There you will find the phone number and links to email them or chat with them. I use either email or chat when making requests.

We are not DVC members so I don't have access to that information. Is there another way that I can get this info? Is it on the Disney website?

We are not DVC members so I don't have access to that information. Is there another way that I can get this info? Is it on the Disney website?
Since you are renting MS won’t be able to help you. You need to work directly with the owner you are renting from to ask them to email MS on your behalf any room requests.

Since you are renting MS won’t be able to help you. You need to work directly with the owner you are renting from to ask them to email MS on your behalf any room requests.

We are not renting points either. We booked through Disney with the room discount. So that would mean I should go through the Disney main site?

We are not renting points either. We booked through Disney with the room discount. So that would mean I should go through the Disney main site?
Yeah if a cash reservation it would be through Disney directly through the reservation line

We are renting points as well. Is there anything I can see in MDE (without bothering the owner) to see if we have a room request made? We have a preferred one bedroom starting February 16. Would, of course, love to have a refurbed room. :) Or, can I fax in a request if I'm not the DVC member?

We are renting points as well. Is there anything I can see in MDE (without bothering the owner) to see if we have a room request made? We have a preferred one bedroom starting February 16. Would, of course, love to have a refurbed room. :) Or, can I fax in a request if I'm not the DVC member?

No, you can’t see it, Requests have to go through the member, We have been told that for DVC reservations they don’t even look at faxes.

Just posted this on the SSR Lovers thread but also worth asking here, just in case there are some people who don't trawl all of the threads :)

We had a pre-refurbished room in Congress Park in late September 2019. Looking forward to next time, when it'll be refurbished.

One thing that was also in a pre-refurbished state was the Congress Park pool, particularly the whirlpool spa, which was in a poor condition.

Has anyone heard if these are getting refurbished during the current project?

If you have "category" requests, you can do that via MDE by checking in online. For example, when I am staying in SSR Standard, I often request "near pool" thinking that will probably mean teh two buildings in Grandstand closest to the main resort complex, or the two buildings in Paddock closest to the bridge. Any of those locations are okay with me.

You could also use the TouringPlans fax request mechanism...
We have been told that for DVC reservations they don’t even look at faxes.
...certainly possible, but if not then the room assigner at VWL read my mind and gave me *exactly* what I was asking for (almost down to the individual room) last February.

No, you can’t see it, Requests have to go through the member, We have been told that for DVC reservations they don’t even look at faxes.

Years and years ago when people would individually fax requests to the resorts I know that DVC asked owners not to do that but that seemed to have dropped by the wayside and never was mentioned again. When were we told they don't read them now?

Years and years ago when people would individually fax requests to the resorts I know that DVC asked owners not to do that but that seemed to have dropped by the wayside and never was mentioned again. When were we told they don't read them now?

It is based just on what I’ve read here on the boards and when I asked MS, the response was that adding it via them was the best way to ensure requests make it to the room assigner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!