SSR Renovations

I heard that Springs was next, they are doing the 2 preferred locations first. Has that changed?

Is there additional storage in the bench by the wall? Even without there's tons of storage.

Are they the same as the ones used in Pop Century (and All Star Movies)? If they are, I can attest they are very comfortable.
I believe that is the same manufacturer there. The mattresses by all accounts look to be similar thicknesses the difference at SSR and RIV is that they are fancier and hide a sofa not a table. But I think from a comfort standpoint you'll find them identical.

Not yet, they are working in the Congress Park area. Rumor has it when they finish Congress Park they are going to the Paddock area. Only time will tell.
Does anyone know how much time till they start a new section?

I have no idea, but to me, if I were Disney, that is what I would probably do.
I wish they would finish the Preferred section first. Then I could know what category to book instead of stressing over whether I'm rolling the dice on an "old" room or a shiny new one.

I wish they would finish the Preferred section first. Then I could know what category to book instead of stressing over whether I'm rolling the dice on an "old" room or a shiny new one.
Right, I would think they would go with preferred first before doing the standard rooms.

I think they need to look at what infrastructure needs to be updated at first. Some buildings are newer than others or have more issues than others. They should update those first. We don’t know whatthose are, but Disney will. In my opinion.

I think they should complete the preferred section first, because more points are required to book preferred.
But you’re not using more points b/c it’s an updated room. You still get the benefit that you’re using more points for which location.

We just visited and stayed at the Paddock. The rooms we stayed in were not upgraded. We were pretty disappointed in the condition of the older rooms. I'm not sure that I will stay at Saratoga again while my kids are small. The resort is really too big for them to get anything out of using the resort amenities. Everything felt really far from our room. Just getting anything to eat while at the resort was a chore. I could see myself only booking here again if we are really doing a non use of the resort type vacation or if I go with my wife alone.

They are currently working on the third building in CP. Conflicting reports on whether Paddock or Springs next. There is a test room done in another block, I think that’s in Carousel from memory but could be Paddock.
It will be at least summer 2021 before it’s all done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter