SSR resale prices

I saw a 2000 point okw for $146,000 seems like a good deal at $73 a point :) its listed as sale pending.

That one actually really makes sense for a rental broker. After yearly MFs they can make their money back in like 7 years and then just roll in the profits.

Well I just bought the 25 points direct. I was actually very impressed with the agent.
I wouldn't have bought 25 points for benefits, I had no intention, having secured my 160 points resale at a fabulous price in January.
However, I realised based on my booking pattern of once every 2 years in a 1 bed for a week to 10 days, that I was potentially about 50 points a time light on points to open up everything with very minimal borrowing.
I looked at 25 point contracts but struggled to find any. I saw some 30 to 50 ones but even Timeshare Store were advertising at $125 a pop with sale pending.
So totally against expectations, I got 25 direct.
Very impressed with agent. Points were 145 a piece but closing only 104 (so maybe saved $400 there?) and of course I got 2017 bankable (Feb use year).
As an added benefit I'm now a blue card holder.
Whilst I'd still never buy a full contract direct unless I absolutely had to have a new resort, if you want a tiny contract add on, it seems the only way to go now. At least DVD make it a good experience.

So I'm very jealous of your great guide. I swear we closed on a saratoga resale...never got a call from a guide. I've called and tried to book a tour to buy our direct points...and was told it was too far out (45 day) Did the online request for a dvc tour last week, indicated I would like to be called... and nothing... I don't even know who are assigned guide is?

So I'm very jealous of your great guide. I swear we closed on a saratoga resale...never got a call from a guide. I've called and tried to book a tour to buy our direct points...and was told it was too far out (45 day) Did the online request for a dvc tour last week, indicated I would like to be called... and nothing... I don't even know who are assigned guide is?
Hi, you don’t need a tour to get 25 points. Just ring them up or go on the message app after logging in, and they’ll put you onto a guide. They won’t book people on tours too far in advance unfortunately. If the guide is no good and won’t sort your points, just say you wish to be reassigned to someone helpful.

You're jumping through hoops you don't need to. No need for tours to add on.

Call/message for your guides name and phone number. Then get in touch with him/her and tell them what you want. If the points are available, they will start the process if not they will put you on a list if it is allowed.

If you need to be on property for the transaction at least your guide will know. U.S. residents can do everything by phone and mail. But if you can't, you definitely will benefit from working with your actual guide and not some random person.

We want to tour copper Creek itself before making a decision actually. We are also staying at AK and boardwalk for the first timw and I suspect wway fall in love with one of them too.

We want to tour copper Creek itself before making a decision actually. We are also staying at AK and boardwalk for the first timw and I suspect wway fall in love with one of them too.
I think we thought you meant adding in at SSR.
How many points do you want? It’s min 50 at Copper Creek.
Also if it’s just 25, you won’t be able to do much with it as a stand-alone, and you’ll lose the ability to combine it with your SSR at 11 months in fall frenzy.
Maybe you want a bigger add on tho.

I wish I would bought more points in 2013 when I purchased mine resale. I paid $49 per point at SSR. Prices will come down when the economy cools off or there's a stock market correction.

This is what I'm waiting for. Might be a few years, but it'll happen eventually.

I put in an offer on 50 points at SSR with Fidelity for $85 a point. Getting points in April of 2018. But I am betting someone else has already beat me to the punch. So if you can't land a price below $95 a point, while getting 2018 points, what would be a good price to offer?

I've seen other SSR contracts with all 50 points coming in 2018, and they are asking $115-$117 a point.

What about OKW as well? What is a fair price for a 50 point contract with points coming in next year?

I put in an offer on 50 points at SSR with Fidelity for $85 a point. Getting points in April of 2018. But I am betting someone else has already beat me to the punch. So if you can't land a price below $95 a point, while getting 2018 points, what would be a good price to offer?

I've seen other SSR contracts with all 50 points coming in 2018, and they are asking $115-$117 a point.

What about OKW as well? What is a fair price for a 50 point contract with points coming in next year?

I would check the ROFR thread, as well as various broker's ROFR data over the past couple of months. Looking at one broker's blog, as of September 19th, the average SSR contract went for $98 per point, OKW Extended $97 per, and OKW 2042 expiration at $87 per point. That does not show how loaded these contracts were, though, or how large or small they were. I would consider yourself lucky if you were able to get any of these prices based on your small contract wants.

I would check the ROFR thread, as well as various broker's ROFR data over the past couple of months. Looking at one broker's blog, as of September 19th, the average SSR contract went for $98 per point, OKW Extended $97 per, and OKW 2042 expiration at $87 per point. That does not show how loaded these contracts were, though, or how large or small they were. I would consider yourself lucky if you were able to get any of these prices based on your small contract wants.
I'm thinking that as well. But I'm learning.

When I bought, there were also dvc contract value calculators out there. Not sure how accurate they are, but they could be worth a look.
Found one, it quoted $96 a point. So my $85 a point was low, but it was with Fidelity with an asking price of $90 a point. But I seriously doubt I'll get one below $100 a point.

I win! Found a 100pt SSR contract for $150/pt! Not a typo! With no banked or 2017 points. What is this resale market you all speak of? This newbie is scared!
I saw that one yesterday and I laughed and laughed and laughed.

I win! Found a 100pt SSR contract for $150/pt! Not a typo! With no banked or 2017 points. What is this resale market you all speak of? This newbie is scared!

It would be cheaper to buy direct than this one and you would get more points and benefits.

It would be cheaper to buy direct than this one and you would get more points and benefits.
That is an absurd price right now. I think you can buy direct at $145 a point.

Speaking of direct, if I were to get my resale contract and purchase 25 direct points from Disney early next year, would I get 2017 points from them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter