SSR Sales vs AKV

KristiKelly

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=purple>
I don't know if this has been posted or not so forgive me if it has.

With all the AKV excitement, if sales for SSR drop (which I bet they will) do you think that DVC will offer any incentives to buy SSR over AKV? I really like AKV but currently own at SSR and I just think it would be easier for me.

ETA: I'm not talking in the next couple of months but rather the next 6+ months.

no - remember the general public can't buy it yet. only current DVC members.

I think.

Its also easier to sell something that exists and you can touch and see. AKVs are only sketches and foggy information. In general, people tend to buy what they can see.

An example of this is a new community. Sales are slow until the model opens up. Once the model opens, sales usually take off. The other thing about this is that the model "type" is usually the best selling unit in the community.

Sorry, I should have clarified. 6-12 months from now and if both are still selling. Do you think they'll offer incentives to increase sells for SSR.

Seems like the last time I heard they still had quite a bit to sell.

Sorry, I should have clarified. 6-12 months from now and if both are still selling. Do you think they'll offer incentives to increase sells for SSR.

I don't think we'll see a reduction in SSR pricing or additional incentives...maybe they'll raise prices on AKV faster than SSR? I can't imagine Disney would announce AKV if they thought they'd have to "discount" SSR to finish selling it out. After going through that for HH and VB, I don't think Disney would ever want to have to go through that again.

My guess is that SSR is closer to being sold out that we thought. :confused3

I don't think we'll see a reduction in SSR pricing or additional incentives...maybe they'll raise prices on AKV faster than SSR? I can't imagine Disney would announce AKV if they thought they'd have to "discount" SSR to finish selling it out. After going through that for HH and VB, I don't think Disney would ever want to have to go through that again.

My guess is that SSR is closer to being sold out that we thought. :confused3

I agree with both statements!

When I joined this board last spring there was much talk and speculation that SSR was way behind in sales and that it would be 2010 at the earliest before it would sell out. (I think it was more of a wish to see SSR fail as a DVC property) But come to find out, SSR is project to sell out within the year.

I don't think DVC will discount SSR to finish off the sales. Instead, I believe they will sell AKV at a higher price. That in it self will be the seperation of pricing of the two resorts.

Will they have a Friend and Family promotion next year.....only Disney knows.

My guess is Disney will push the lower MFs, the 7-month window, and the fact that SSR is built. DAKV will open in at-least 2 phases, and from the sounds of it more like 3-5 phases, but SSR is there so they can talk about availability of rooms starting.

Last Oct when DAKV was announced my wife and I where down at Disney and asked around about it. They where pretty much pushing SSR with those as the selling points. I get the impression our guide didn't think we where serious about buying because we didn't "jump" at the SSR offer.

But after a lot of soul searching, we decided that DAKV was what we wanted, and we would rather wait for it and pay more (at the time they had the $15/pt credit going) than buy not quite what we wanted and maybe add-on.

I can't tell you HOW much more we love being founding members of DAKV. Add to that it looks like the next time we will be able to get down there is Oct anyway, so that fits with our schedule this year.

Bottom line, I don't think they will be doing anything for SSR.

johno

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter