SSR Section Request

fattymatty

Mouseketeer
I've read the FAQ on the boards for SSR but wondering folks who have stayed in multiple sections at SSR would suggest for putting in a preference. I've booked through RCI on Friday so I assume its a preferred room but will have to wait to later this week to find out for sure when reservation show up in Disney's system

The Preferred Locations are:
The Springs - closest to Carriage House (main dining, shops, etc.) and main pool, last stop for theme park buses
Congress Park - closest to walk way to Disney Springs

The Standard Locations are:
Grandstand - first stop for theme park buses, 2nd closest section to Carriage House
Carousel
Paddock

If we have to stay at SSR, I prefer the Grandstand section due to bus order and it's proximity to the Carriage House.

yeah I like the Grandstand that it close to carriage house and the bus stop being first. but is at Springs great location but bad if buses are on the last stop. how far to walk to Grandstand Bus Stop? or is that even worth the effort.

yeah I like the Grandstand that it close to carriage house and the bus stop being first. but is at Springs great location but bad if buses are on the last stop. how far to walk to Grandstand Bus Stop? or is that even worth the effort.
Walking directions from google maps says .3 miles between The Springs and Grandstand bus stops. If you are trying to get to a park for rope drop, it might possibly be worth the walk.

We stayed in Congress Park. We wanted to be closed to Disney Springs. We loved it. My boys are all older, so we were not concern with closeness to main pools etc. They spent a lot of time in the DS?

We did visit the parks and had no problems with the buses.

I just had the chance to visit the real Saratoga Springs, New York. What a beautiful town. Gorgeous Victorian homes, huge!

The only area I would not be interested in staying at is the Carousel section, because it does not have a pool in that section (guests use the Paddock Pool). The laundry rooms are located at the pools, so that means since we stay in studios we would have to walk quite a ways to do laundry at the Paddock Pool.

I've booked through RCI on Friday so I assume its a preferred room but will have to wait to later this week to find out for sure when reservation show up in Disney's system
Don't be so sure. My exchange this past February was Standard. Wait and see what you get before you decide what to request. FWIW, I requested "near pool/upper floor" for mine, because I would have been fine at either Paddock or Grandstand, as along as I was near the pool (which also shortens the walk to the main resort services).

So I have a 1 bedroom villa at SSR with Standard view so I requested Grandstand and by the pool.

Grandstand is good for being close to the Carriage House, which is also close to the boat transportation to DS. We enjoyed the Grandstand area when we stayed there.

Big fan of Grandstand. I always request it. Best for bus. Good pool. Bar, drink refill station. Short walk to main building.

We've stayed all over and definitely prefer Grandstand. A few steps to the first stop on the bus route (to the parks and back), short walk to the Carriage House, and nice, oftentimes quiet, pool.

We like Congress Park to be close to a quiet pool, bus stop and short walk to Disney Springs. If that's full I still try to get as close as we can so The Paddock across the street works too. It's convenient to quiet pool, bus stop and downtown Disney and it's just a short walk to Carriage House.

We are not owners and booked directly through Disney. Do you think that makes a difference as far as getting a building request?

We are not owners and booked directly through Disney. Do you think that makes a difference as far as getting a building request?

There's really nothing that has ever indicated that the room assigners give priority to any group.

How many requests can you make ... We will be there for 9 nights in August for our 25th wedding anniversary.
The cast member put in "Grand Stand" as my request when I booked but when I look at the map I do not think that is where we would like to be.
I know nothing is guaranteed but can I request highest floor (husband hates ground level and loves stairs) non-handicap (husband wants a reg. shower) and close to the walkway for the market place.
Is that too many requests or normal ???
Thanks

How many requests can you make ... We will be there for 9 nights in August for our 25th wedding anniversary.
The cast member put in "Grand Stand" as my request when I booked but when I look at the map I do not think that is where we would like to be.
I know nothing is guaranteed but can I request highest floor (husband hates ground level and loves stairs) non-handicap (husband wants a reg. shower) and close to the walkway for the market place.
Is that too many requests or normal ???
Thanks

Your requests are typical, that being said I think you are only allowed 2 or 3 so many need to limit how many.

If you've booked Standard/Non-preferred there is no way to guarantee a room near the Marketplace walkway. Paddock could be but Paddock is long and the farthest area is pretty far from Marketplace. Grandstand is more compact, and while generally farther from Marketplace, you would be closer to the walkway to the West Side. Also as a general rule, Grandstand will put you closer to the Carriage House than the other non-preferred sections, if that's important to you.

We also like the Grandstand section for its proximity to the Carriage House and because it is the first bus stop. The Springs being the last bus stop means that, on busy days, the bus will often be full by the time it gets there and will skip that stop. I imagine that must be very frustrating for the people waiting at that stop. You're virtually guaranteed a seat at the Grandstand because the bus will arrive empty. And it's nice being the first stop at the resort at the end of a busy day. None of the buildings in the Grandstand, or any section for that matter, are far from a bus stop. The two buildings on either side of the pool are the closest.

We have never stayed at SSR but are considering staying in a 2-br villa for 6 nights in Sept. Can anyone give me an idea of the busing...how long you wait, transit times to the different parks, busyness on the buses?

I'm really overwhelmed by the vastness that is SSR...we have stayed at ASMo, BLT, Poly, BC, POR...how does SSR compare in size to any of those?

Thanks for any help!

Our home resort is OKW but we started staying at SSR a few years ago. Love it. Have never had a long wait for buses. We also enjoy the closeness to Disney Springs. Yes it is large but that's not a big deal since it is well laid out and a short walk to a bus stop, quiet pool, big pools and Disney Springs. We have stayed at many Disney resorts and SSR has become our favorite. Just booked a few weeks there in January. Had our pick of many but SSR is our first choice. We prefer Congress park, Springs or Paddock whichever is available and gets us closest to Disney Springs walk way. Haven't done Grandstand or walkway from there to West side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!