SSR, Space Bags & Vacuum

PedsTherapist

Just Remember What Your Old Pal Said...Boy, You've
My DH and I will be staying at SSR for our upcoming trip and I am wondering if anyone has ever used "Space Bags" to travel to WDW. I am specifically wanting to take my own pillow from home (I have neck problems when I sleep on any pillow but my own). Are there vacuum cleaners in the studios at SSR and if so do they have the hose attachment that I could use for a "Space Bag"? Anyone out there have any experience with this? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. :wave:

I don't know about SSR, but I know that the vacuums at VWL are uprights with no hose attachment.

We were there last week and there was a vacuum in the SSR studio that we stayed in. I decided not to use the vacuum though. This being a vacation and all. :earsboy:

We have the type of space bags that you roll up rather than vaccuum (they're called "Pack-Mates"...got them on QVC). We just took a cross country trip to Oregon and used on for my pillow and it worked out wonderfully!!! Something we will definitely be doing for future trips and maybe even for clothing items next time seeing as though I end up ironing everything anyway! It was amazing how flat my husband was able to get the pillow once the air was rolled out of the bag!

PedsTherapist said:
...I am wondering if anyone has ever used "Space Bags" to travel to WDW...
I don't know what those are but it sure sounds like an intersting way to get there.

rinkwide:

Very funny comment...guess I wasn't thinking that way when I read the original post!

FYI...Space Bags and Pack-Mates are bags of different sizes that you can put clothing, linens, pillows, etc in and then you remove the air from the bag by using a vaccuum that attaches to a special plug on the bag or rolling the bag like you would a sleeping bag to realease the air through holes at one end of the bag that are designed to only let air out, not in. The way the air is removed differs depending on the brand of bag you buy. Removing the air from the bag makes it a lot smaller height-wise, allowing you more room to pack other things in your luggage. Our pillow collasped to maybe 1/4" thick (if that) once the air was removed from the bag we put it in. We use them at home to store blankets during the summer and to store off-season clothing as well. Leaves lots of extra room in our closets.

Thanks for all of the posts. (I hadn't realized that I worded the original question the way I did! Very funny comment Rinkwide, you made me laugh out loud when I went back and re-read what I posted :rotfl2: )! I figured that the vacuum's wouldn't have hose attatchments, but it doesn't hurt to ask. I think that I will just have to get the kind that you roll the air out of and I am glad to know that they work well too. :flower:

I have both types of space bags was wondering the same thing. Seems like OKW has a hose on it vac system. Does anyone know for sure?
Charlotte

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter