standard rooms on zebra trail????

chrissy72

Mouseketeer
just called cm to request zebra trail for our may trip. we have a standard room. she told me there are only savannah views on zebra trail....is this true and if so, which trail should i request with a standard room. we would ideally like to be near the pool and restaurants:rolleyes:

My DH and I booked a standard room at the AKL last Nov. I don't recall if we made a room request or not (I don't think we did). Anyways, we ended up with a Savannah room on the Zebra trail :) I say don't make any requests, because BOTH times we stayed at the AKL we were upgraded from standard to Savannah view! We were paying cheap rates both times, too ($119/night the 2nd time), so it wasn't even like they were rewarding us for paying rack rate or something. The Zebra trail had cool views IMHO. Good luck!

Originally posted by chrissy72
just called cm to request zebra trail for our may trip. we have a standard room. she told me there are only savannah views on zebra trail....is this true and if so, which trail should i request with a standard room. we would ideally like to be near the pool and restaurants:rolleyes:

The Zebra trail has savanna view and pool view rooms. The standard view rooms are on the Ostrich and Giraffe Trails. The Ostrich Trail will be away from the bus stop but the Giraffe trail is close to the pool, food court and gym.

OK. I'm still kind of new to these boards and still learning so much. I've never been one to ask for upgrades but you've all got me convinced it's really not that hard to do. I'm staying at the AKL in July and booked standard rooms. Any tips on getting an upgrade? Should I ask before we get there or wait until we check in? Should I shoot for the moon or be conservative?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Originally posted by cart-mom
OK. I'm still kind of new to these boards and still learning so much. I've never been one to ask for upgrades but you've all got me convinced it's really not that hard to do. I'm staying at the AKL in July and booked standard rooms. Any tips on getting an upgrade? Should I ask before we get there or wait until we check in? Should I shoot for the moon or be conservative?

Thanks in advance! ;)

Hi cart-mom,

Here is my take on free upgrades. My husband and I have been to WDW many times (see list below). We have never requested a free upgrade. There have been times when we have gotten them and there have been other trips when we have gotten what we paid for. There is no ryme or reason on how Disney or any hotel chain for that matter decides who does and who does not get free upgrades. I always reconmend that people book the view that they will be happy with and if a free upgrade comes your way it is added pixie dust and if it does not you will not / should not be disapointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter