Standard View @ BWV

RyMickey

Disney Freak
We know that there are very few of them, but has anyone stayed in the "standard rooms" at the BWV? If so, what is the view? Is it horrible, or still nice. We're planning on trying to get the "Standard view" room, but realize that may be difficuly. What have your experiences been like with this issue?

Thanks

RyMickey

We've had 2 standard views while staying at the Boardwalk. Both were great - we have no complaints whatsoever. ;)

The first was a 2-bedroom very close to the elevators on the 4th floor. The balconies overlooked the front entrance which was in an almost constant state of hustle and bustle. Very interesting to watch. :) The noise was only an issue once at about 2am when a very loud group was dropped off out front. It wasn't really an 'issue' so to speak as I just rolled over and went back to sleep. We never heard any noise from the hallway.

The second was a ground level 1-bedroom just this past June. We had a lovely view of the flowers and landscaping to the left of the entrance, but down closer to the bridge. Beyond the landscaping was the Boardwalk bus stop but again, we never had a problem with noise from the street or hallway. This room, although a bit of a walk from the elevator, was convenient in that we could use the doors furthest away from the elevators for easy access to the quiet pool, bus stop and walkway to MGM.

I have a few pictures of the views on our website, but beware the page is loaded with graphics and may take a while to completely load. Here's a link:
<a href="http://people.ne.mediaone.net/jsmith12/boardwalk.html">Boardwalk Photos</a>
[The third picture is our view from the 2-bedroom and the fifth picture is our view from the 1-bedroom - I forgot they weren't labeled yet.]

Hope that helps. :)

Btw, I should probably add that we got the 2-bedroom standard view (late November) by calling day-by-day for reservations right at the 11 month mark. The 1-bedroom (late June) we lucked out and got in mid-January at about the 6 month mark.

Whether or not you'll need to call day-by-day, or if you'll even have problem getting a standard view, depends highly on the time of year you're planning to travel.

Good luck. :)

jennybobenny

Thanks for posting the link to your pictures! They are great! Made me homesick...
:)

Last Feb we stayed in a 1bdr Std View. We overlooked the entrance area also. No noise, no problems and I'm sure I have had worse views..... The great thing was were close to elevators,

In March we had a ground level 1 bedroom. We overlooked the pond and were close to the quiet pool. Never had any problems. We enjoyed watching a little wildlife. The ducks are used to being fed there and every afternoon 2 turtles were out sunning themselves.

We went home for the first time the beginning of August. We had two standard view studios located on the third floor. The rooms were close to the elevators, vending machines, and trash room. The view of Epcot fireworks were also good. Also, the short walk to MGM and Epcot was an added convenience. It was nice to walk home directly from MGM and not have to wait for a bus. The boat will also take you back to the resort; however, I think it takes too long. Without any hesitation it was much better than the location I had at OKW a week later, which was close to nothing. If I go back to OKW I will ask for a specific location, closer to the general store and lobby. No hesistation recommending a BWV standard view. We had a great time. Enjoy!

hi: we actually prefer the standard view to preferred view because we're not on the balcony that much. our standard views have overlooked the front entrance. we request standard view and wait list for it if we haven't booked far enough in advance.

Don't laugh but on this last trip I had a standard 1 BR (3123) and had the most fantastic view of the Epcot Fireworks!!! Not to mention it was a very big 1 BR; larger than the normal. It was situated at the end of the building so there was a long walk. However when on the balcony; to your left was the Bus Stop and behind that is Epcot. To your right is MGM and the canal the boats use. Directly in front of the building was a parking lot but overall it was a nice view. At night you had the Fastasmic Fireworks and the Epcot Fireworks.

Another standard 1 BR we had overlooked the front entrance. It was pleasant and we didn't mind it at all. I use to like to watch the people coming and going! :)

We had a standard view 1BR on the 3rd floor that overlooked the main entrance. It was very nice and not too noisy. We also had a preferred view that overlooked the quiet pool and we liked the standard view better. We have never had a Boardwalk view which would probably be worth the extra points. One family's opinion: save the points and go with a standard view.

We always try for standard view, and our last two stays the rooms faced the front entrance/parking lot and we could see Epcot fireworks. This was great, since with small children, we don't get to stay that late at Epcot every night! It was their treat, to watch the show before going to bed.

As for difficulty in getting standard view, we have never had to take a preferred view. We are always able to get std view, though we do usually call before the 7-month mark. BUT, we called about a month ago for March 23-29 2002, the week before Easter, and we got a std view. I guess you don't always need that 11-month window. (BTW, I'm talking about 1-bedroom units.)

I've never had a problem either getting a 1 BR Standard. I usually call between 10 and 11 months out and so far I've gotten just what I've needed.

The only Preferred View room I've ever had was a Studio (4058). It overlooked the big lawn, Spoodles, ESPT, actually towards EPCOT. It also gave you a half view of the BC and the construction of the BCV's. It was really a nice unit and it was just my son and myself so I said "why not".

Would I do it again?? Yes for a Studio; No for a 1 BR. Just not worth the points.

Thank you all so much for your help and opinions. After what everyone's said, we're definitely going to try to book a standard view room.

Once again, thanks.

RyMickey

Been down only once, but I would never use the hefty extra points needed to move to a preferred view. For us it is much better to use less points and stay longer!

I just called last week at the 7 month mark for our Mar 02 trip and was thrilled to get Standard view. Last Mar we were in a PV 1 br Boardwalk view (we booked very late) and we would not go out of our way to get it again. At least three nights we were awakened by folks leaving either Atlantic Dance or Jelly Rolls. Our balcony was such that you can't see over it if you are sitting. So, I didn't see the Boardwalk view room as a great advantage.

I called 2 weeks ago to book at HHI for my 11month ressie and on a fluke asked about the week of March 3rd.....got a standard view 1 bdrm without any problem at all!
Kathy:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We have had 2 stays in standard rooms. One on the 5th floor, looking out on the hotel entrance. We could sit out on our balcony watching people come and go and see the highest of the Illuminations fireworks. Although we were near the entrance, we didn't find noise to be a problem at all. We also have been on the 1st floor. Our room was a good distance away from the elevator, but we found it was nice not to have to use the elevator unless we wanted to go "up" to the lobby. We were very close to entrances to both pools. We had ducks visit our little patio, and had and awesome view of even the low Illuminations fireworks. Again, no noise problems. Standard views is the way for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter