Star Wars Episode 9 Loses Director and JJ Abrams is back

Wow surprised by this. At least this is a little earlier in the process than with the Han Solo film.

Last edited:
Wow surprised by this. At least this is a little earlier in the process than with Last Jedi.
Yeah they've clearly had a lot of issues in the production stages with Star Wars movies. Hopefully it all works out on the screen

Yeah they've clearly had a lot of issues in the production stages with Star Wars movies. Hopefully it all works out on the screen
On social media I am seeing people happy or not displeased with this news as I guess some didn't feel he was the right fit.

On social media I am seeing people happy or not displeased with this news as I guess some didn't feel he was the right fit.
From what I saw in the comments in the ringer article I shared, he wasn't someone that people expected big things out of (he did Jurassic world which was fine for a reboot but I'm hoping for more vision with Star Wars going forward)

Wonder if this will delay the filming of episode IX? It's scheduled to start filming this January.

images

His latest film bombed terribly "The book of Henry". Lucasfilms and Disney views of the film weren't the same as his. Guess with a franchise like Star Wars it's better to fire someone now then have issues down the road.

Please pick Dave Filoni!

Also recast Leia so the character can finish the story that was meant to be.

Please pick Dave Filoni!

Also recast Leia so the character can finish the story that was meant to be.

I bet Rian has already signed on to direct ep. 9. Buzz surrounding ep. 8 is very positive. Disney is just delaying the announcement for Trevorrow's benefit. Leia's story that was meant to be was over the day JJ wrecked the original trilogy. Plus you can not replace Carrie Fischer.

I bet Rian has already signed on to direct ep. 9. Buzz surrounding ep. 8 is very positive. Disney is just delaying the announcement for Trevorrow's benefit. Leia's story that was meant to be was over the day JJ wrecked the original trilogy. Plus you can not replace Carrie Fischer.

Sources?

And it from the looks of it...Carrie fisher the actress died around 1999...Based on the difficulty speaking sentences in Ep. 7

Well...that might be the most "open to opinion" proclamation of the day::yes::...
I'm as much a Fanboy as anybody. I've acknowledged that The Original Trilogy isn't walking through the door. In this watered-down, PC, everything in Hollywood has been done world we live in... miracles happen, but not every day.

And hey... these are message boards, right? Opinions SHOULD be welcome... as long as everyone can remain civil and courteous, right? :chat:

I'm as much a Fanboy as anybody. I've acknowledged that The Original Trilogy isn't walking through the door. In this watered-down, PC, everything in Hollywood has been done world we live in... miracles happen, but not every day.

And hey... these are message boards, right? Opinions SHOULD be welcome... as long as everyone can remain civil and courteous, right? :chat:

No argument...as long as people have a sense of humor and lighten the hell up

Not sure why they can't just get a director to do more than one film rather than this piecemeal thing they seem to be doing.

At least Lucasfilm has (and should) tight controls over their vision of the story (for better or worse). Throwing someone else's "vision" into the universe could just throw things off.

I'm VERY pleased they dropped him. For a guy who's only directed, what 3 released movies, 'Book of Henry' was shockingly bad and tonally awful. 'Safety...' was okay but nothing amazing, leaving just Jurassic World.

Given the importance of the final Episode, you really need a ultra safe pair of hands. I wouldn't be surprised if JJ steps back in...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts