Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Attractions Planning

This thread is huge. :)

Since there is no fast pass, what does everyone do for Smuggler's Run? Just wait in line? Any tips besides EMH (going next May, not sure they will open early then)

If this is all discussed in another thread, can you point me in right direction?

thanks!

Since there is no fast pass, what does everyone do for Smuggler's Run? Just wait in line? Any tips besides EMH (going next May, not sure they will open early then)

If this is all discussed in another thread, can you point me in right direction?

thanks!
Yes, wait in line. If you wait for the evening the line is usually 20 minutes or less. The ride itself has been averaging 60 min or less through out the day. There's also a single rider line

thanks!

For the second + times in line, also work on Hondo’s assignment on the datapad. You could do it the first time but my first time I just wanted to stare at everything without looking down at my phone, the queue is awesome.

Hey,

So essentially, from what I know, this ride is going to be incredible. Even for the biggest ride chickens, hear me out; don't miss it. (This goes for parents worried about their small children on the ride as well.)

(TLDR: This ride is an absolute cake walk. I compare its speed and drop height to other attractions in Disneyworld. This ride is going to be so good, please don't miss it for anything. Also, watch the movies first or you probably won't understand what's going on.)

If you did Slinky Dog, the "drop" on that was around 15 feet. From information at D23, the ride is going to have a 20-25 foot drop. That's only 5 feet taller than Slinky Dog, and around the height of a giraffe.

The drop speed for TOT (which is 131 feet at 13 stories high) is 39 miles per hour, almost half as low as Test Track. This means that, by doing 131 divided by 20 (which lets you know that the TOT drop is almost 5 times as intense as ROTR which makes ROTR look small), you can guess that the drop in ROTR will only be 15 mph. You drive faster than that in a school zone.

Motion sickness won't be that bad either; from what we know, only about half of the ride will be virtual reality and the rest will be based on a trackless ride system. For those with screen problems but are fine with general bumpy driving and vice versa, at least half of the ride will cater to your needs.

The drop isn't at all big. Twenty feet is nothing, trust me. Plus, you'll be ready. The drop is slow and short enough for you to be in the same exact (trackless, I may add) ride vehicle with no big seatbelts. From what we know so far, it'll be like putting on a car seatbelt. Don't expect any over-the-shoulder seatbelts like they give you on roller coasters; you won't be needing those. It may not even be a car seatbelt, it may just be a lap bar, which is even more low-maintenance. Same thing they give you on Splash Mountain.

Speaking of Splash Mountain, the drop height is 49 feet, almost twice the size of ROTR. Plus, the ride is moving down at around a medium speed. If Slinky Dog is 40mph and ROTR is 15mph, that's small compared to Slinky Dog. I tried to attach a piktochart I made of a graph comparing ROTR's height and speed to other rides, but it said it was spam so just DM me for it if you're still interested. :)

Frozen Ever After's drop height was 28 inches. ROTR is smaller than that.

If you have a small child however, I'd not worry about the ride and only worry about the action sequences. There's real lasers being fired.

Please note that, if you don't watch the new Star Wars trilogy, you'll be completely lost. Trust me, I went on Star Tours a few years ago not having seen any of the movies and I had no idea what was going on. This is an intricate, immersive experience that makes you feel like you're in the movie. You should probably see the trilogy.

Anyway this one's long (clocking in at 15 minutes), so there will be plenty of time for breathers if you're still a bit freaked out.

Nonetheless, I hope this helps. I had to be dragged onto Test Track by my sister and didn't regret a thing. If I thought TT was good, this will be better. Don't miss out!

Thinking about moving my 9:35 Droid Depot reservation to 10:00ish if I can--as it stands I don't trust that it's enough time to do a ride at 9:00 RD, but giving myself a full hour to get on the ride--that seems doable, right? My trip is in late January and I'll plan on being at the gate an hour before opening if I'm going to RD a ride, if that helps. I know things are hard to predict with RotR; figure if I go with this plan I'll probably end up doing Smuggler's Run as my RD ride and hit RotR later in the day--assuming the pattern established by SR holds and the line peaks in the morning. Unless that's changed?

Just rode Smugglers for the first time. The que is a little confusing as they funnel you into a room, hand you a card and no one tells you anything, your just in this room with lots of other people, no line, just random in this room with your card. If you look at the card it is a color, and it gives you a position. They call the color, then you go over to a CM who will place you according to your position. I was a Pilot on the right side. The Pilot on the right controls up and down. The Pilot on the left controls left and right. So you have to work together. The gunners sit behind and they shoot. We had no engineers. Not sure how that affects the ride. It was awesome being the pilot. I didn't get motion sick like I do on Star Tours, and I think a lot of that has to do with being in control. It's hard to avoid objects as everything is very tight, almost impossible not to hit anything. I definitely want to ride it again to one, figure out exactly where I am navigating, and two to figure out exactly what my mission is supposed to be, as everything is really hard to identify as far as what I'm looking to do, as it is moving very fast. But as far as motion, I thought it was fine compared to other rides.

I'm 62 and can't do motion rides or extreame roller coasters anymore. Star Tours leaves me sweaty and sickly feeling. I did Smugglers Run twice, Gunner and Pilot with no problems. YMMV

Hey all. We're going to be in the World 1/12-1/18. Current plan is to hit Hollywood Studios first thing one of those mornings. I know this is speculative at best, but what does everyone expect wait times to be for ROTR in during weekday mornings? I've blocked off an entire morning for SWGE to do this attraction and Smuggler's Run. Just looking for any thoughts or opinions! Thanks!

Hey all. We're going to be in the World 1/12-1/18. Current plan is to hit Hollywood Studios first thing one of those mornings. I know this is speculative at best, but what does everyone expect wait times to be for ROTR in during weekday mornings? I've blocked off an entire morning for SWGE to do this attraction and Smuggler's Run. Just looking for any thoughts or opinions! Thanks!
merged you into the proper thread. We are trying to keep similar subjects under one thread to not have multiple threads open on the same subject
Like you say, we don't know at this point It could behave similar to MFSR where the line dies down at the end of the night with a 15 min wait or it can behave like FoP where the line stays consistently long
That particular time of year you will get people from marathon weekend and holiday weekend for MLK

A bit surprised by this as not going to make people happy that paid to stay onsite (which will be me if this is still the case when we go in February)

I agree. I think this one is a bad move by Disney.

let the complaining begin. I think they will get tons and tons of negative feedback on this one.

I guess there is alway moonlight magic in Sept and Oct people can try to get into.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter