Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Dining - Oga’s + All Quick Service Food and Drinks

Aaaaand the craziness continues. I just checked the Docking Bay 7 menus on the website and MDE (which earlier had returned to the original themed names), and they have been changed yet again back to the simplified, non-themed names. 🙄 🤦‍♂️

Sorry - I didn't think to snap a photo. But I ate at DB7 this past Sunday (10/20/19) and yep - items are in Earth language first, followed by descriptions that kind of include the Batuuan wording. I made a point of ordering "1 Fried Endorian Tip Yip and 1 youngling Tip Yip, please." I'm a rebel like that. :rotfl:

Sadly, neither the youngling nor I like our fried tip yip. We agreed it was "fine." Not spectacular, not horrible, just... fine. I won't bother with it again.

Aaaaand the craziness continues. I just checked the Docking Bay 7 menus on the website and MDE (which earlier had returned to the original themed names), and they have been changed yet again back to the simplified, non-themed names. 🙄 🤦‍♂️
I'm getting dizzy. Earth names are on the app this morning. I'm just going to pack a lunch and name it whatever I want.

Quick Oga's question: We have reservations for next week at 12:45PM for four, but my wife's mother wants to come along as well. There's no reservations available at all that day for 5....do they care if we have one more person? Not like Oga's has well-defined "seats" for people...

Quick Oga's question: We have reservations for next week at 12:45PM for four, but my wife's mother wants to come along as well. There's no reservations available at all that day for 5....do they care if we have one more person? Not like Oga's has well-defined "seats" for people...

most likely they'll care. They don't have seats, but they have spots and know how many they can fit.

They allowed us to add 1 person to our reservation in September. I'd recommend walking over to Oga's at your earliest convenience the day of and ask if you could add 1 more person. We didn't call to ask if we could add a plus one. It was last minute.

We are going again late November for Breakfast 830am at Oga's Cantina. The only food at Oga's is the Mustafarian Lava Roll and Rising Moons Overnight Oats. Is it even possible to buy breakfast at Dock Bay 7 to bring into Oga's Cantina and order drinks at Oga's?

We are going again late November for Breakfast 830am at Oga's Cantina. The only food at Oga's is the Mustafarian Lava Roll and Rising Moons Overnight Oats. Is it even possible to buy breakfast at Dock Bay 7 to bring into Oga's Cantina and order drinks at Oga's?
I'm sure that would be fine

Have you checked for an ADR for 1 person close to yours? I can't say for sure, but maybe that would work better than showing up with an extra person.

We were there last week. The day we were there, they were not letting any extras in. They were booked solid with no walk ups.
If you pick a quieter day, your answer might be different.

You may not have much counter/table space in Oga's.

Had the lava roll today. The raspberry sauce on top is spicy. I don’t recall reading about that anywhere, and I read reviews from several different sources. That was disappointing, I had really been looking forward to trying the lava roll. I ate all the parts without icing (which was less than half) and mom ate the rest. We asked our bartender about it- it’s got cayenne pepper in it. There was a small roll on top of the big one, which he said they just started doing a few days ago. I don’t know if thats exclusive to Oga’s or not.

The cantina was nearly full. A very few spots were empty, so def not as crowded as during the day when you barely have elbow room. I still found it hard to hear the music and dj. I was hoping it’d be easier to hear with less people. Our bartender was awesome, very in character.

Had the lava roll today. The raspberry sauce on top is spicy. I don’t recall reading about that anywhere, and I read reviews from several different sources. That was disappointing, I had really been looking forward to trying the lava roll. I ate all the parts without icing (which was less than half) and mom ate the rest. We asked our bartender about it- it’s got cayenne pepper in it. There was a small roll on top of the big one, which he said they just started doing a few days ago. I don’t know if thats exclusive to Oga’s or not.

The cantina was nearly full. A very few spots were empty, so def not as crowded as during the day when you barely have elbow room. I still found it hard to hear the music and dj. I was hoping it’d be easier to hear with less people. Our bartender was awesome, very in character.

Spicy?? Mine was definitely NOT spicy in August. If they added cayenne to it, it must be recent.

Yes, definitely spicy! Ok, so then it is a new thing and the reviews didn’t leave out a very important detail. Hmm wonder if it is still pepper-free at DB7...

It seems like more than half of the food in Batuu is spicy. I like spicy food sometimes, but my stomach doesn’t, so I avoid it when traveling. So frustrating that they keep changing up more of the food to add more spice.

Had the lava roll today. The raspberry sauce on top is spicy. I don’t recall reading about that anywhere, and I read reviews from several different sources. That was disappointing, I had really been looking forward to trying the lava roll. I ate all the parts without icing (which was less than half) and mom ate the rest. We asked our bartender about it- it’s got cayenne pepper in it. There was a small roll on top of the big one, which he said they just started doing a few days ago. I don’t know if thats exclusive to Oga’s or not

Thanks for the warning! We have a breakfast ADR there next week, and DH probably would have gotten the lava roll. I'll warn him that he should eat before or after Oga's.

Wouldn't a Lava Roll be spicy? I'd expect that. Maybe they've been leaving out something since the beginning and just realized it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter