Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge News - Updated 2/28/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just due to Star Tours' location in regards to the new SW Land, it's going to have to go. Ideally, I would have liked to see Star Tours' exit go into a renamed Tatooine Traders going directly into the SW Land. Just wasn't going to happen tho

It appears that Disney didn't want the original Star Wars story but wanted to use their own. Plus they wanted to keep the Muppets where they are. I think the loss of Star Tours is sad too but it doesn't seem to fit into Disney's vision any more.

I wonder what the timing will look like? I'd like another ride (or 10) on Star Tours before they shut it down.

I'd imagine we'll at least get an Ep IX planet added to Star Tours for Christmas 2019. Give it a few years after that, maybe retheme it to Guardians of the Galaxy. Who wouldn't want to ride in a ship piloted by Rocket and StarLord?

Its a shame muppets are where they are. Otherwise they could have brought the Star Wars land entrance right out to where Star Tours is.

Then give people a choice, either walk straight into the land or take a special trip on Star Tours which ends up with exiting into the land.

But I agree it's more important to be true to the current canon

Here's what I think happens to Star Tours. I think it gets moved to the unopened plot of land that is the Expansion pad a few years after the land opens. If it does close, I am going to miss it greatly. It's one of my favorites at the resort.

For those looking for a more realistic view of what Star Wars Land will truly look like:

19961629_1944439085570135_6053333055432824671_n.jpg

If the rumors of an upcharge for the new land come to fruition, technically it is a fifth gate.....

That one story about that was definitely an April Fools Day thing. I could see a hard ticket thing for like after hours or early hours but would be surprised if 100% of the time it was an extra fee to get in

I think Disney would not want to completely lose an attraction so I think (HOPE) Disney rethemes Star Tours as PIGS IN SPACE!!!

I love this idea so much. Maybe give the park a year or two to cool down from the Star Wars launch first.

I noticed the Bioreconstruct photos from today. I overlayed the D23 model onto the images (note the vertical angles are a bit off):

this image (pulled from starwars.com) shows a close up the right most corner of the battle escape ride. Note that from this angle you can see the separate show building for the Falcon ride.

tight-swl.jpg

The image above is clearly the same extension point as the yellow arrow in the bioreconstruct photo. The green arrow is the entrance from Muppets courtyard.
bioreconstruct.jpg

This crude overlay (different vertical angles, but similar horizontal angle) shows the model with the bioreconstruct. See the pathway from Muppets... everything that remains to the left of the overlay would be show building/rock facades. S
alcatraz0.jpg

I noticed the Bioreconstruct photos from today. I overlayed the D23 model onto the images (note the vertical angles are a bit off):

this image (pulled from starwars.com) shows a close up the right most corner of the battle escape ride. Note that from this angle you can see the separate show building for the Falcon ride.

View attachment 253147

The image above is clearly the same extension point as the yellow arrow in the bioreconstruct photo. The green arrow is the entrance from Muppets courtyard.
View attachment 253148

This crude overlay (different vertical angles, but similar horizontal angle) shows the model with the bioreconstruct. See the pathway from Muppets... everything that remains to the left of the overlay would be show building/rock facades. S
View attachment 253149
Wow. Nice job.

I think that WDW and the members of the Dis are grossly overlooking how rabid SW fans are. My predictions will be born out in a few years, but after a couple of decades of sci fi convention immersion, if they take out Star Tours and its capacity...HS needs capacity; plain and simple.

I really think you guys are missing the point capacity
I think that WDW and the members of the Dis are grossly overlooking how rabid SW fans are. My predictions will be born out in a few years, but after a couple of decades of sci fi convention immersion, if they take out Star Tours and its capacity...HS needs capacity; plain and simple.
Listen, the Star Tours infrastructure isn't going anywhere. It's going to get reskinned into another ride most likely, just not a SW ride. It doesn't fit the direction of SW that Disney wants to take in DHS. So you aren't going to lose capacity except for whenever they take it down to redo it. Probably a couple years after SWE opens.

I think it's kind of silly that they are going to open a land with 2 rides and pull out an existing, but given what they have said about the SWE direction, it's inevitable. So in about 3 more D23's I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about what is replacing it, but I think you have some time before it happens.

As for Jedi Training when we were there few months ago the CM leading group mentioned it was going to be moved to an indoor studio in the new land so it wasn't affected by weather (or so hot for the kids standing around in robes). I haven't really seen that discussed anywhere else, so maybe that isn't definite yet. But would seem to make sense.

I don't recall where, but I've also heard that JT is moving to an indoor location within the new land. It makes sense, and I hope it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter