Star Wars hotel seems to include Rise of the Resistance

Considering we didn't get an AP preview for the last 2 rides that have opened, they aren't gonna do one for a hotel. It's not like its an attraction
I've actually heard differently - this isn't a regular hotel, it is all part of the immersive experience. You would think they would want to test out the story play and other elements to ensure they work properly. I guess they can do that with cast members

Probably way too early for this question but what are the chances of AP previews for this? Seems like they would benefit from early guest experiences given the issues RotR has had

There are only 100ish rooms in the hotel, they won't do an AP preview with that limited a capacity (AP previews for rides/lands can handle much larger numbers of people, resulting in fewer angry guests that missed out).

I could foresee them holding an invite-only trial run of the hotel and its operations - most likely pulling in executives, board members, and high level folks from investors and other business relationships. Cast members? Probably not, just given the price tag and the target market.

There are only 100ish rooms in the hotel, they won't do an AP preview with that limited a capacity (AP previews for rides/lands can handle much larger numbers of people, resulting in fewer angry guests that missed out).

I could foresee them holding an invite-only trial run of the hotel and its operations - most likely pulling in executives, board members, and high level folks from investors and other business relationships. Cast members? Probably not, just given the price tag and the target market.
I can see them having a one night preview for CM working there, so they get familiar with everything that is offered. For DVC openings they give DVC sales people one night stay so they check out everything, so maybe they can do something like that with the opening cast.

I can see them having a one night preview for CM working there, so they get familiar with everything that is offered. For DVC openings they give DVC sales people one night stay so they check out everything, so maybe they can do something like that with the opening cast.

Oh I think any CM that will be serving in a position at the hotel would HAVE to experience it to have a good understanding of how everything fits together before it officially opens. I wouldn't be surprised if separately they have a "maiden voyage" type thing where they fill the hotel with Disney top level folks and their families, investors and high level shareholders/board members so that the opening cast has people to practice on before they have their first paid guests. They want people with deep pockets generating hype on this because that's their target audience - families and groups that will drop 5-6 figures on a full vacation where $3k for 3 days and access to only a land within a single park is a drop in the bucket.

I believe there is precedent for having cm's stay at a new hotel for a shakedown period. I think it was AoA that I'd heard they did it. Possibly managers could select a certain number of their favorite cm's, or it could be a perk offered to Vacation Planners (aka ticket sellers), who I've heard get rewarded for meeting upsale goals.

They are also definitely going to have a media event but with the limited number of rooms I wonder how they are going to do that too

They are also definitely going to have a media event but with the limited number of rooms I wonder how they are going to do that too
Staggered media event. Print and Video media one day or two and then Travel agents and others another day or two. They likely won't do a full stay for media rather a one night stay showcasing everything the experience offers.

So basically, it's going to take years for me to be able to afford this experience. But I guess that's fine, because it will probably take me just as long to get a reservation. 🤣😂🤣😂

Since Hollywood Studios pretty much always opens at 8am (or sometimes earlier), and you'd probably want guests to have a good two hours at Batuu at least, that would mean a 6am arrival for all of the guests at the hotel.

I just don't see how that would work, for one thing since you take a "transport" off ship it's going to take time to ferry all guests over.

For another thing, if you really want to see some heated Resistance action, try telling luxury hotel guests they have to be totally ready to do anything before 6am!!

Same goes for hours after park closing (8pm), they are I think a bit too late to really suit luxury hotel guests. And like you said there would be people lingering past 8pm anyway, so you may as well send the hotel guests in at some reasonable time.

That's why after some thought I am pretty sure there will be different groups from the hotel sent over in waves through both days of the "flight", and given special Fast Pass Supreme Leader passes to ride both MFSR and ROTR with no wait. I personally don't see the objection to mixing with normal park visitors and honestly it would be a better experience anyway as part of the fun of Galaxys Edge is seeing other people's reaction to Batuu.

Plus imagine how cool it would be to be in Batuu and hear that a transport from the Halcyon had just arrived, then see a bunch of thematically dressed people emerge from a transport bay... Could be the transport ship exit is beyond one of those giant doors you never see open.
I think this is a good possibility. The only question is are the guests of the ship required to stay in GE? If they have guests intermixed with regular visitors, I'm just wondering what the policy for getting "back on the ship" would be. No matter what the outcome is, I can't wait to try it! Might have to camp on the side of the road for the rest of the trip to offset the cost, but YOLO right?

I think this is a good possibility. The only question is are the guests of the ship required to stay in GE? If they have guests intermixed with regular visitors, I'm just wondering what the policy for getting "back on the ship" would be. No matter what the outcome is, I can't wait to try it! Might have to camp on the side of the road for the rest of the trip to offset the cost, but YOLO right?

The whole point of the experience is total immersion - so that's why you see a lot of discussion about the dedicated time in GE being at a time when they could block the land from everyone else. They wouldn't just throw Halcyon guests in with regular day guests as that would break immersion. Early morning or DAH-type time frame makes the most sense as there is precedent for making both of these things work. I would be HIGHLY suspect of Disney spending as much money as they have spent on making the Halcyon experience truly feeling like you are on another planet/on a space cruiser and then allowing cruiser guests to wander Hollywood studios during their stay or enter GE while regular Disney guests are about.

What they want is people spending money for the 2-3 day experience on the Halcyon, and then booking an adjacent stay at the regular Disney resorts to spend more money/visit the other parks and the rest of HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!