Star Wars Land Opening Info/Rumors?

A CM driving a Minnie Van suggested the end of 2019. Of course, that doesn't mean that it is factual but I think it is always better to plan for later and if it opens earlier great!

We are just back from 11 days at Disney and planning our next stay already. We want to go next year before Star Wars opens- don’t want to fight those crowds. I am looking at early fall. But I can’t remember what the estimated date was. I know it’s probably going to change, but does anyone know or have a good guess?

We are just back from 11 days at Disney and planning our next stay already. We want to go next year before Star Wars opens- don’t want to fight those crowds. I am looking at early fall. But I can’t remember what the estimated date was. I know it’s probably going to change, but does anyone know or have a good guess?

Just later in 2018 is all that has been announced. After DLR. Assumptions range from August to December, though I think the more credible ones are Oct/Nov type dates.

Just later in 2018 is all that has been announced. After DLR. Assumptions range from August to December, though I think the more credible ones are Oct/Nov type dates.

Just to clarify (I assume it was a type @jknezek ) that is is later in 2019 not 2018 that SW:GE will open in WDW - and agree that Oct/Nov seems to be the target but no one knows for sure. For DLR they have indicated before D23 and just that WDW is later than that

Just to clarify (I assume it was a type @jknezek ) that is is later in 2019 not 2018 that SW:GE will open in WDW - and agree that Oct/Nov seems to be the target but no one knows for sure. For DLR they have indicated before D23 and just that WDW is later than that

Yes. Thank you! Good catch.

we are planning a 2019 trip and would like to go before Star Wars land opens to avoid massive crowds on a land that we don’t feel like we have to experience right at its release. All I am finding is a tentative 2019 opening. Has anyone heard of any rumored that is more narrowed down then just 2019? Or does anyone have any intuitive thoughts on a perspective timeline? Maybe June like Toy Story?

Thanks.

Last time line I heard for SW:GE in DHS is late fall of 2019. I believe the expectation is SW:GE in DL will open sometime spring of 2019.

So .. October / November then? Would make sense, but will be disappointing to have to wait 4-6 months after DL!

You would think that having a severe lag (6 months) behind DL would hurt them a bit by losing the "hype" .. but then again .. opening closer to the opening of Star Wars Episode IX would probably just help build it back up.

My plan still is to get an AP for Nov. 11 2018 - Nov. 10 2019 as a gamble to be able to check it out after it opens (and have the flexibility to check it out whenever). Knowing my luck it will open the last week of November. :(.

So .. October / November then? Would make sense, but will be disappointing to have to wait 4-6 months after DL!

You would think that having a severe lag (6 months) behind DL would hurt them a bit by losing the "hype" .. but then again .. opening closer to the opening of Star Wars Episode IX would probably just help build it back up.

My plan still is to get an AP for Nov. 11 2018 - Nov. 10 2019 as a gamble to be able to check it out after it opens (and have the flexibility to check it out whenever). Knowing my luck it will open the last week of November. :(.
That would be a gamble. I'd say it's a good bet to open by then but with these things you never know.

That would be a gamble. I'd say it's a good bet to open by then but with these things you never know.
A gamble for sure .. but one I am probably going to take for other reasons as well (or else I wouldn't even think about it)

(I wanted to go on a trip when after my daughter is 2, I wanted to go during Christmastime, my daughter is free (under 3) that entire year, so I am not paying for AP for her, my sister's family is potentially going in spring and I want to get one more additional trip in before my daughter turns 3 in fall of 2019 (again .. because she'd be free). So those trips and all the discounts with the pass seem to make sense.

Getting to see SWGE after its open with that pass would just be icing on the cake. But one I am crossing my fingers for.

We have APs we will activate in Dec 2018 and hope to return Thanksgiving 2019 for SW:GE. I'm gonna have some disappointed people in my house if that doesn't happen!!!

I read star Wars Land is opening in 2019 in Disney World. Does anyone know a date? We are planning on going May 2019.

Last I heard, DLR's Star Wars is opening first in mid-2019 with DHS's Star Wars late in 2019. I wouldn't count on it for your May trip, but then be pleasantly excited if it is!

Obligatory word of caution, be very careful planning tips to see something until it has actually opened. At this point if you went in December 2019 it's likely Star Wars land will be done, but you never know what will happen between now and then. I did a trip 6 months after Rivers of Light was announced to open figuring I would get to see it and we all know how that turned out.

Do you think they will announce the opening date of SWGE at DHS at least 60 days in advance so people can book their fast passes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts