Star Wars Land Opening Info/Rumors?

Do you think they will announce the opening date of SWGE at DHS at least 60 days in advance so people can book their fast passes?

They should be announcing the "official" opening date sometime around August/September, about 4 months ahead. Since all projections are pointing to the end of December at the earliest that's when I'd look out for an announcement of soft opening and official opening.

Do you think they will announce the opening date of SWGE at DHS at least 60 days in advance so people can book their fast passes?

Toy Story Land opened for fastpass on the usual 90/60/30 dates so I would expect the same. Toy Story Land had no public soft opening.

One issue I’m curious about is crowd control. I was there on TSL opening day, by 8:00am, you had to have a fastpass to get in, it was at capacity. I believe FP within 15 or 30 minutes. So I wonder if they will have to do something similar at first, limit admission to the land.

We are just back from 11 days at Disney and planning our next stay already. We want to go next year before Star Wars opens- don’t want to fight those crowds. I am looking at early fall. But I can’t remember what the estimated date was. I know it’s probably going to change, but does anyone know or have a good guess?

Well, u said it correct, a guess is all anyone is goin to have at this point. But, if u follow the progress at Disneyland u could possibly come up with a rough time line. Disneyland has released their updated AP blackout calender and it looks like the AP is has been completely blackout the whole month of July and August, which would suggest their planning for something big during this time, so this lines up with their summer 2019 opening. Looks like we can expect a late June, early July opening for Disneyland. If the rumor holds true that wdw is 4-5 months behind, then u could possibly see swge open late November in wdw, which again is what wdw is saying. I personally wouldnt bet on it but time will tell.

Last edited:

I have noticed that the WDW advertising now says "Fall 2019" rather than "Late Fall 2019". That gives me hope for our early December 2019 trip.

It looks as if things are progressing... they would be wise to have it open earlier for advertising during Christmas time on tv esp Christmas morning.

Likelihood it opens for mid-August trip? I reaaallyy don't want to deal with those crowds for our honeymoon! Getting slightly nervous with the drop of "Late" from the "Fall 2019" projection that they could open way earlier than anticipated!

Likelihood it opens for mid-August trip? I reaaallyy don't want to deal with those crowds for our honeymoon! Getting slightly nervous with the drop of "Late" from the "Fall 2019" projection that they could open way earlier than anticipated!

Disney "Fall" season is Late August/early September to mid-December, so you should be OK unless they bump it up to late summer :)

I read a rumor yesterday that it may push into early 2020 for WDW (unknown source). I wouldn't count on August. Seems to me they would be able to get additional workers to finish it by the holidays as advertised.

I read a rumor yesterday that it may push into early 2020 for WDW (unknown source). I wouldn't count on August. Seems to me they would be able to get additional workers to finish it by the holidays as advertised.
Disney is saying Fall 2019 so I’m pretty sure they are set on that.

It looks as if things are progressing... they would be wise to have it open earlier for advertising during Christmas time on tv esp Christmas morning.

And they film those Christmas/holiday specials pretty early so would need it if not fully open than at least basically complete like mid November (though I am sure they could add in footage from the Disneyland one if needed)

We are heading to Disneyland in mid-late June 2019. Really hoping Star Wars land is open then since we are big SW fans but we'll see. When do you suppose they'll make an announcement about opening at DL? Also, does anyone know if they always have soft openings for AP holders or DVC? Or just sometimes?

I would not mind this! I am planning to bounce back decemebr 2019, and would prefer not to have SW to figure out. I am beginning to think that it matters not what opening is though, because folks will be booking early to avoid it, and create crowds, and folks book later to be there, and open or not, there will be more crowding. Either way, I think Late Fall and Early WInter will be very busy.

We are heading to Disneyland in mid-late June 2019. Really hoping Star Wars land is open then since we are big SW fans but we'll see. When do you suppose they'll make an announcement about opening at DL? Also, does anyone know if they always have soft openings for AP holders or DVC? Or just sometimes?

I would expect an announcement like 2-3 months before hand likely not more

As for previews, it depends on how they are doing. They did a month for Pandora but did nothing for Tony Story Land as they didn’t have time

Honestly, more than for AP/DVC I would see paid previews (maybe AP/DVC gives you access to buy the tickets a day early or something)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter