Star Wars: Galactic Starship (resort experience) News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about the room sizes. If the large ones (1st Class) are the family suites, it doesn't look like there will be too many. Looks like it will be mostly made up of 2 person rooms. That would be a disappointment. It will already be difficult (and expensive) to book. Having only a handful of rooms accommodating families will make it really tough to snag.

I am sure the small ones will sleep four. I wouldn't be surprised if the rooms are pretty tight similar to a cruise ship. The advantage of having rooms "themed" to space travel is that you can get away with them being very small. I could see there being a queen bed and then maybe two pull-down Murphy style beds. There's no real room details in these sketches to give you any idea for size. They don't even show the bathrooms - which certainly they will have. The other point to them not needing to be very big is that (a) people will only be staying in them for two nights and (b) I can't imagine you are spending the cost of this experience to spend it in your room.

I am sure the small ones will sleep four. I wouldn't be surprised if the rooms are pretty tight similar to a cruise ship. The advantage of having rooms "themed" to space travel is that you can get away with them being very small. I could see there being a queen bed and then maybe two pull-down Murphy style beds. There's no real room details in these sketches to give you any idea for size. They don't even show the bathrooms - which certainly they will have. The other point to them not needing to be very big is that (a) people will only be staying in them for two nights and (b) I can't imagine you are spending the cost of this experience to spend it in your room.

If the idea is that this is an add-on to a regular Disney trip (for most people? For some? Many?), there would at least need to be adequate storage for clothes and suitcases. I guess it would still be similar to a cruise ship in that regard, though.

If the idea is that this is an add-on to a regular Disney trip (for most people? For some? Many?), there would at least need to be adequate storage for clothes and suitcases. I guess it would still be similar to a cruise ship in that regard, though.

It's definitely going to be an add-on thing. There's not many people that are going to be able to afford a long stay at this resort. Anyways, I think that even though there might be different experiences you can sign up for ("Jedi", "Smuggler" "Rebel"..etc.) they likely are not going to be THAT different that going through the experience multiple times is going to be a real pressing desire for a lot of people. (Though undoubtedly some will do it.)

I wonder about the initial reservations. Even at a high price point - this is likely to be VERY popular. (And I foresee a potential game-changer in themed entertainment - in 10 years we'll be talking about the "Hogwarts Resort", the "Disney Princess" resort, and the "Marvel Superhero" resort. I would almost guarantee in Universal's equivalent of WDI there's a plan laying around waiting to see if this works.)

Yeah, with no image of the bathroom space, that was what got me wondering about size. We aren't ones to want/need a large room. I just hope they have a good amount that can accommodate families. Ideally, we don't want to wait years and years to get in (at least not because there are only a few rooms that can sleep 4).

Yeah, with no image of the bathroom space, that was what got me wondering about size. We aren't ones to want/need a large room. I just hope they have a good amount that can accommodate families. Ideally, we don't want to wait years and years to get in (at least not because there are only a few rooms that can sleep 4).

I just realized that my calculation for the room size were wrong.

Last edited:
I did some measurements on the blue prints in the permits and came up with the following:

Normal cabin: 22.5' x 10' = 225 sq ft
1st Class cabin: 22.5' x 20' = 450 sq ft

by comparison a standard value resort room is 260 sq ft and a family suite is 565 sq ft
So a normal cabin would be on the small side.

I did some measurements on the blue prints in the permits and came up with the following:

Normal cabin: 22.5' x 10' = 225 sq ft
1st Class cabin: 22.5' x 20' = 450 sq ft

by comparison a standard value resort room is 260 sq ft and a family suite is 565 sq ft

Wait - what are you using for scale? I don't see any dimensions on there at all.

I re-did my measurements, the correct sizes are 330 sq/ft for the normal cabin, and 660 for the 1st class.

So that's a little bigger than a moderate (POR and FQ are around 310 square feet, CBR is 300) a little smaller than most deluxes which are usually around 350-360 square feet, unless you get to the old ones like Poly which are almost 400. That's good to see - as I'm sure at the prices will be asking people won't want tiny cabins.

Eager to see the final result - will decide then if it's worth the price for us. We're DVC, so it'd have to be pretty darn awesome to pay OOP for this hotel.
However, DH and I ARE sci-fi/fantasy nerds all the way, so it might be the perfect "one-time" experience. Time will tell!

(But let me add, that I'm a girly-girl who is super into nerdy stuff. I always hate these stereotypes thrown around that all fans are loser dudes who live in basements. You can probably tell from my pic in my avatar, that I also love character dress-up, which is also possibly due to my theatre background. Anyway, there are PLENTY of us ladies who are into sci-fi/fantasy!! And plenty of us who are ALSO major Disney freaks along with our sci-fi nerdiness - been going to Disney every year since I was a little girl - back to 1985! So I disagree with the folks saying that the SW fans and the Disney fans are two different groups.)

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes - experience, cost, etc.

Hi all! After seeing a SW Hotel-related post and confirming that there is not a new home for this talk on the SWGE forum, I thought I'd post this here as well.

This is NOT NEW -- it's from late Nov, but I recall it being a good little summary of what was known at the time, and I didn't see it posted here...

DSNY Newscast (‪@DSNYNewscast‬)
11/29/18, 7:31 PM

NEW Details Revealed for STAR WARS HOTEL Coming To Walt Disney World - Disney News - 11/29/18 #StarWarsHotel WATCH on YouTube - youtu.be/sFKiN-g-DaMpic.

twitter.com/wqSP2YBIPY

I’m pretty sure this is my husbands dream 40th birthday. Hopefully it’s done by then, but unlikely. It would be late 2020.

Also those images make swge look huge. Maybe it’s persepctive, but looks at least 3x the size of tsl
It really is huge, the biggest land they have ever done.

Also I thought late 2020 was a possibility for the hotel? I guess we will have to wait and see...

My dad told me he wants to retire there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!