States requiring a 14 day self quarantine

NH is still requiring it.

It's not the most enforceable rule though, so at least here, it's not being obeyed.
Have not heard of any attempts to enforce it. We are in central NH and have had tons of MA cars floating around town the past few weekends.

And the selfish Americans that refuse to follow the guidelines are what will make this pandemic worse than it needs to be.

Yes, unfortunately. That is why I was wondering if the 14 day thing would be enforced or if it was more of a suggestion.

NH is still requiring it.

It's not the most enforceable rule though, so at least here, it's not being obeyed.

I live on the border, on the MA side. Most cars in the local Market basket in NH have MA plates, and always have. There's been no restrictions of out of state shoppers on the border.

Have not heard of any attempts to enforce it. We are in central NH and have had tons of MA cars floating around town the past few weekends.
I am at my sister's in southern Maine; took her to work at her shop in NH this morning. I took the opportunity to drive around the Portsmouth area, to see what was open. As usual, the Market Basket parking lot was full, with a mix of license plates; most seemed to be from NH and ME. The mall parking lot was about 3/4 full, the majority of plates seeming to be from Mass. It's hard; Mass "stay at home" regulations have been much tougher than NH's, and the virus doesn't understand borders, so I get why they want to come north and experience a bit of life again. OTOH... my sister isn't loving being exposed to people who want to come into her shop, handle things, look around, and leave. She said there were many people in town, but very few sales yesterday. I guess we'll see how it worked out in about a month or so.

I am at my sister's in southern Maine; took her to work at her shop in NH this morning. I took the opportunity to drive around the Portsmouth area, to see what was open. As usual, the Market Basket parking lot was full, with a mix of license plates; most seemed to be from NH and ME. The mall parking lot was about 3/4 full, the majority of plates seeming to be from Mass. It's hard; Mass "stay at home" regulations have been much tougher than NH's, and the virus doesn't understand borders, so I get why they want to come north and experience a bit of life again. OTOH... my sister isn't loving being exposed to people who want to come into her shop, handle things, look around, and leave. She said there were many people in town, but very few sales yesterday. I guess we'll see how it worked out in about a month or so.
We have two NH family members with lake houses on Sebago and Pleasant Lake.
Both families are heading to Maine today but plan to bring everything they need with them including gassing up before they hit the turnpike.
They are afraid to stop at their usual local places to spend money.
I feel bad for the small shop owners who make all their receipts off the summer tourists.
Going to be a weird summer.

Not a state rule, but my employer's policy is no out of state travel and a mandatory 14 quarantine if you do. Not an issue for folks like me who are working from home, but only applies to those who are working in the building.

Not a state rule, but my employer's policy is no out of state travel and a mandatory 14 quarantine if you do. Not an issue for folks like me who are working from home, but only applies to those who are working in the building.
I saw a few posts regarding employers and out of state travel. They should make it a 14 day quarentine after going to the super market too then. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I live on the border, on the MA side. Most cars in the local Market basket in NH have MA plates, and always have. There's been no restrictions of out of state shoppers on the border.
True. The "restrictions" (because they are not being enforced) are on those coming for an overnight or longer.

And the selfish Americans that refuse to follow the guidelines are what will make this pandemic worse than it needs to be.
The American taxpayers are why airlines are still flying, cruises will still go on, and the theme parks will open. These businesses received billions. Perhaps all Americans, even those who reside in Florida, cannot go to the parks, cruise, or fly as well until these things are open for all with no restrictions. It doesn’t make someone selfish because they work hard all year and have only a limited days for a Family vacation. It doesn’t make someone selfish because there is a travel restriction from entire states and not just areas (all of NY not NYC). Masks, temp checks, cleaning, social distancing~these things are all guidelines that enforcable and not against constitutional rights. When you start prohibiting access to things that taxpayers helped recover then I believe that is selfish.

I saw a few posts regarding employers and out of state travel. They should make it a 14 day quarentine after going to the super market too then. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Except going to the super market is allowed under the stay at home order, and out of state travel isn't. So company policy is in line with the law. If you have the PTO available, you would get paid for the 14 days. Let's be honest, it is just an effort to try and keep your coworkers from getting sick and possibly dying. And yes, the company has a financial interest too. Somebody gets coronavirus, they have to spend thousands sanitizing the building.

Except going to the super market is allowed under the stay at home order, and out of state travel isn't. So company policy is in line with the law. If you have the PTO available, you would get paid for the 14 days. Let's be honest, it is just an effort to try and keep your coworkers from getting sick and possibly dying. And yes, the company has a financial interest too. Somebody gets coronavirus, they have to spend thousands sanitizing the building.
I was being funny...🙄.

My guess is that it is a suggestion and not enforceable.

As far as Florida goes, you're guess would be 100% wrong. They are absolutely enforcing it and there are people sitting in jail right now, doing 60 days with no bond for non-compliance. When you enter Florida, either by highway or plane (not sure about other transportation,) you are interviewed and must give details on where you are quarantining and your phone number.

You can expect two random phone calls and one visit during those 14 days. This is actually law now, not just a suggestion.

I have reservations at a Florida state park and got an email from them today saying if I was from one of those four states I would need to provide proof of when I entered the state and quarantined. This is just for camping, which is kind of the definition of social distancing.

My guess would be that states who are stating these rules are very serious and it's not just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Don't plan on renting a house in Florida through June 30 unless you are already a Florida resident. Hotels and timeshares, yes. Homes, condos, no.

Yullin3 has been awesome about information. You will have a questionnaire to fill out if you are flying from one of those states or have a connecting flight from one of those states. The problem is since Florida has this EO now all those states have low attendance on flights therefore cancelling direct flights. I live in western NY and now all our flights connect in states that don’t have an order. So what Florida has done has forced airlines to reroute which in turn will allow these people not to have to fill out all the paperwork.

That was my question. It seems impossible to enforce. From what I understand, if you stay less than 2 weeks, then you are supposed to just stay in your room and quarantine for the full time you are there. That is ridiculous. Who would do that? My guess is that it is a suggestion and not enforceable. I suppose they could have hotels not take out of state reservations for under 14 days, but I'm not sure how well that would go over.

I wonder if they will enforce it with the hotel somehow. They aren't going to lock you inside like they do in Singapore (they lock you in your hotel room and put food outside, daily calls asking how you are feeling) but I wonder if they give your name to the contact tracers or something like that. Nothing surprises me anymore.

As far as Florida goes, you're guess would be 100% wrong. They are absolutely enforcing it and there are people sitting in jail right now, doing 60 days with no bond for non-compliance. When you enter Florida, either by highway or plane (not sure about other transportation,) you are interviewed and must give details on where you are quarantining and your phone number.

You can expect two random phone calls and one visit during those 14 days. This is actually law now, not just a suggestion.

I have reservations at a Florida state park and got an email from them today saying if I was from one of those four states I would need to provide proof of when I entered the state and quarantined. This is just for camping, which is kind of the definition of social distancing.

My guess would be that states who are stating these rules are very serious and it's not just a suggestion.

The only way someone would get around it is to drive in, avoid 95 (someone I know did this) and stay with a relative or friend. I'm not suggesting anyone do this but a friend just got back from Tampa from NJ and said she drove, avoided (I think) 95 major highway and stayed with a relative.

In Arizona the self quarantine for newly arriving people from out of state was 14 days or until you depart, whichever was shorter.

Do you happen to have a link for this? Is it still current? I can’t find anything. My son and his girlfriend fly to Arizona next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!