States requiring a 14 day self quarantine

The only way someone would get around it is to drive in, avoid 95 (someone I know did this) and stay with a relative or friend. I'm not suggesting anyone do this but a friend just got back from Tampa from NJ and said she drove, avoided (I think) 95 major highway and stayed with a relative.

Interstate 95 is not the only road with stop stations. I'm not going to encourage people to break the law by saying where the others are.

Your friend should be thankful that no nosy neighbors called the police to check out her NJ tags. She would be sitting in a jail cell for 60 days unless she had the $5k on her to pay her way out of it and get kicked out of the state.

It's really ridiculous that people think they can do whatever they want, despite the law. We have had a trip planned for TWO YEARS and are supposed to be in WV right now, and through the month of June. We had reservations at state parks throughout the state. Right now, they have opened their parks to WV residents only. Yes, we could easily get around this, as my aunt and uncle own a car dealership and "could" borrow a vehicle registered in WV very easily. We have many, many addresses we could use of relatives and friends there.

Yet here we are, sitting at home because the world doesn't rotate around us. We are not special and don't get to do whatever we want just because we had plans and we want to. People need to grow up, seriously.

Do you happen to have a link for this? Is it still current? I can’t find anything. My son and his girlfriend fly to Arizona next week.
I'll see if I can find it. If I recall the date on it was Apr 9. But I don't know if it's been lifted or modified.

I found that the governor has lifted the stay-at-home order effective May 15, but I don't know how that relates to travelers coming into the state. The original order said:

"If they live in areas identified as having "substantial community spread'' of COVID-19. And that means that, effective at 12:01 a.m. Thursday morning, they were subject to a new order by Gov. Doug Ducey to self-quarantine for 14 days after they arrive."

Last edited:
As far as Florida goes, you're guess would be 100% wrong. They are absolutely enforcing it and there are people sitting in jail right now, doing 60 days with no bond for non-compliance. When you enter Florida, either by highway or plane (not sure about other transportation,) you are interviewed and must give details on where you are quarantining and your phone number.

You can expect two random phone calls and one visit during those 14 days. This is actually law now, not just a suggestion.

I have reservations at a Florida state park and got an email from them today saying if I was from one of those four states I would need to provide proof of when I entered the state and quarantined. This is just for camping, which is kind of the definition of social distancing.

My guess would be that states who are stating these rules are very serious and it's not just a suggestion.
I live in Florida and they are not enforcing this. No follow up phone calls either. I know plenty of folks entering Florida from Georgia and nobody cares.

I live in Florida and they are not enforcing this. No follow up phone calls either. I know plenty of folks entering Florida from Georgia and nobody cares.

People from Georgia are allowed to enter. It's just four states that the 14 day quarantine effects. They absolutely are enforcing it for those people. I also live in Florida and personally know someone here from NY , staying with my sister. She got two phone calls and one visit during that 14 day period. Plenty of other people on this forum have reported the exact same experience when entering FL from one of the four states to which the quarantine applies .... Georgia is not one of them.

Interstate 95 is not the only road with stop stations. I'm not going to encourage people to break the law by saying where the others are.

Your friend should be thankful that no nosy neighbors called the police to check out her NJ tags. She would be sitting in a jail cell for 60 days unless she had the $5k on her to pay her way out of it and get kicked out of the state.

It's really ridiculous that people think they can do whatever they want, despite the law. We have had a trip planned for TWO YEARS and are supposed to be in WV right now, and through the month of June. We had reservations at state parks throughout the state. Right now, they have opened their parks to WV residents only. Yes, we could easily get around this, as my aunt and uncle own a car dealership and "could" borrow a vehicle registered in WV very easily. We have many, many addresses we could use of relatives and friends there.

Yet here we are, sitting at home because the world doesn't rotate around us. We are not special and don't get to do whatever we want just because we had plans and we want to. People need to grow up, seriously.

Yeah, she was there for two weeks and had a great time. She did post on Facebook the road she took but I won't post it here so as not to encourage that behavior. She also posted other tips to get around the system that I won't post.

I'll just say there are many people from NJ who are not cancelling their annual FL vacations. I'm not one of them, no plans to go to FL until November, most likely.

So for the whole “sneaking into Florida” and”violators get jail time or $5,000 fine”. Wouldn’t the legality of enforcing that be about like the whole salon owner in Texas thing?
I’m not saying to do it or saying it’s ok. I’m still a “if they made the mandate, you follow it” person. I’m just saying—if a person in Texas can get away with calling foul on enforcement, couldn’t someone from NJ that visited Florida?
Edited to add: and yes I realize the woman was in trouble for contempt, but still...

So for the whole “sneaking into Florida” and”violators get jail time or $5,000 fine”. Wouldn’t the legality of enforcing that be about like the whole salon owner in Texas thing?
I’m not saying to do it or saying it’s ok. I’m still a “if they made the mandate, you follow it” person. I’m just saying—if a person in Texas can get away with calling foul on enforcement, couldn’t someone from NJ that visited Florida?
Edited to add: and yes I realize the woman was in trouble for contempt, but still...

I don't know anything about the Texas salon woman. First I've heard of it. But this is a snippet from the email I got from Florida state parks. I'm no legal expert, but I wouldn't want to be sitting in jail now even if I could challenge it later. law.JPG

People have been arrested in Hawaii for violating the quarantine (in the cases I read about the violators were caught when they posted beach photos on social media). People can take their chances on getting away with it but there is nothing to stop the police asking Disney for a list of their hotel guests with NY, NJ or CT home addresses. And all it would take to catch a violator would be a dining check or park entry. I wouldn’t risk it.

Yes, unfortunately. That is why I was wondering if the 14 day thing would be enforced or if it was more of a suggestion.
Well it’s also random & not based on recent data so you will see ppl trying to get around it. Louisiana has not been a hotspot for about a month. Tx removed us from their list weeks ago. Our gov suggested fl take a look at the numbers again. And there are new hotspots that are not on their list so it’s worthless.

People have been arrested in Hawaii for violating the quarantine (in the cases I read about the violators were caught when they posted beach photos on social media). People can take their chances on getting away with it but there is nothing to stop the police asking Disney for a list of their hotel guests with NY, NJ or CT home addresses. And all it would take to catch a violator would be a dining check or park entry. I wouldn’t risk it.
They should also watch what populations they piss off as they get A LOT of travelers from these so-called hotspots. Ppl are getting tired of this nonsense & may permanently find other places to spend their money.

As far as Florida goes, you're guess would be 100% wrong. They are absolutely enforcing it and there are people sitting in jail right now, doing 60 days with no bond for non-compliance. When you enter Florida, either by highway or plane (not sure about other transportation,) you are interviewed and must give details on where you are quarantining and your phone number.

You can expect two random phone calls and one visit during those 14 days. This is actually law now, not just a suggestion.

I have reservations at a Florida state park and got an email from them today saying if I was from one of those four states I would need to provide proof of when I entered the state and quarantined. This is just for camping, which is kind of the definition of social distancing.

My guess would be that states who are stating these rules are very serious and it's not just a suggestion.
Link to arrests for non quarantining in Florida?

Well that is absolutely ridiculous if that’s true. This is all so out of hand it’s not even funny.

What’s ridiculous is arbitrary laws no longer based on data.

Quarantine for residents returning and visitors to Montana unless an essential worker is scheduled to expire on June 1. I think a lot of this is due to pressure to open up at least 2 of the gates into Yellowstone National Park from Montana by the National Park Service and the State of Wyoming. (While there is some of Yellowstone in Idaho there are no gates nor any of the visiting spots as all of the section in Idaho is considered back country and is only seen by a small handful of visitors each year). The Cooke City/Silver Gate entrance is typically not open till a bit later due to the elevation.
Montana will be entering phase 2 of what is being called Reopening the Big Sky on June 1. There will continue to be National Guard posted to airports and train stations in Montana to do tempature screens of those arriving. If I understand things correctly anyone who has a tempature over 100.4 will be stongly advised to be tested and to quarantine until results are available. If negative once the results are in as long as tempature is below 100.4 and there are no other symptoms self quarantine can end. If the result is positive or if the person chooses not to be tested than quarantine can end 14 days after no symptoms by the person or anyone else in the same location the person is quarantining. I only hope that we don't see our numbers of cases start to drastically increase once this happens or more accurately increase starting the middle to end of June.
I thinik once the MT boarders are open that there will be increased pressure on the Blackfoot Reservation to allow crossing of their boarder shared with Glacier National Park especially once the US/Canadian boarder is open. Forcing reservation communities to open up could potentially be devistating due to a lot of their populations being of higher risk and the lack or health care resources. It is not unusual for there to be an average of 8-12 hospial beds on a reservation which can cover several large rural counties and be larger than some states particularly those in the New England area. These hospitals do not have intensive care units or a full time anesthesia team for emergency situations which forces more complex care to be moved to larger communities within the states these reservations are located. In Montana this means that the patient's family are traveling to Billings, Great Falls, Kalispell, or Missoula as those are the larger areas that are located closest to out reservations. This travel distance ranges from 30 minutes for the part of the Crow Reservation that is in Yellowstone County to Billings to close to 6.5-7 hours to Billings or Great Fallls from the Fort Peck Reservation. (It is just as far to go to Bismark, ND from there and Williston with a more limited number of intensive care unit beds is at least 5 hours away.
This distance means that while they can not be with them constantly in the hopsital like they would under normal circumstances (or taking over the waiting room like is so often the case-it is not unusual if you are waiting for a loved one to have surgery if it is a long and major one and high risk that the hospitals have you use a smaller more private waiting room for the admissions staff to have to let families from the reservatins know quite sternly that there are other patients families who need to use the space as well and to please limit the number of people waiting to the immediate family and if necessary support for them i.e spouse of an elderly patient having heart surgery and the grown children with maybe occasionally a grown grandchild popping in to get an update and to convience the grandparent to at least eat something with an I will go get whatever you want just eat something discussion. The smaller waiting rooms are not designed for the spouse and gown children, all the grown grand children, parents and grandparents if they are lviing, all the siblings of the patient and the spouse,, aunts, uncles, cousins and if they can get by with it a number of small children supposedly though the ones that are past the age of 18 months to 2 years to arund the age range of 10-12 years are being watched by the 13-16 year olds-which rarely happens so it is not unusual to find toddlers wandring the halls because no one is watching them). At the very least the family is going to want to be close enough to get there if they need to say goodbye in a hsspital under a compassionate care situation so they maike the trip to the larger community staying with family or friends in the area if possible if not staying in hotels or even camping at a campground in the area.
One patient that is in a household of 10-12 people due to how housing is structured on many reservations that ends up in a hospital a long distance from their home has the potential to end up exposing 45-50 plus people on a conservative number as 1-3 of the household witll stay here, another 1-3 there and so on staying in places with a little smaller number of people in a household at 6-8 on average.

I traveled to Wisconsin and was not required to self-quarantine (or at least I don't think I was). When I got back to Florida, I was not required to self-quarantine (because I did not come from the 4 states where they require you to self-quarantine). The only problem is that some people make up their own rules and say if you were at the airport, you need to self-quarantine. This happened at my dental office and I was not able to see the dentist. Their excuse was that "you never know where people came from that were on the plane and maybe they were in one of the states that Florida says have to self-quarantine." They don't care if you were in crowded stores and other places where people might have COVID-19. It seems that you will never be able to go on another vacation unless you can afford to self-quarantine for 14 days (both at the beginning and end of your vacation). If the amusement parks make people that travel by air self-quarantine, they will never be busy. Maybe that will be a good thing for people living in Florida!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter