Status of Refurbishment

Van@Disney

Aloha from Vancouver
Is there anyone who can verify that everything that was supposed to be open today, did actually open?

Thanks 😊

Latest news on facebook group is that the changeover will happen Tuesday due to some weather delays

might take even longer if thats the case...if they filled the lazy river earlier in the week, and the massive downpours caused a delay...they probably found some issues that need to be fixed. maybe the whole skyliner bit is causing them to be overly cautious on this as well.

Watching the workers quietly working on the Menehune Bridge play area right now (its before 7am). The water is flowing throughout the lazy river, including its waterfalls, but there is still some tile work to do (the tile cutter was left out overnight but can’t be used do to noise until later in the morning). It wouldn’t surprise me if they open the lazy river before the Menehune Bridge. Both, of course, were due to open after Oct 11, which was yesterday.

We checked in yesterday and the cast member told us they may be a day behind schedule on completing phase one due to the rain. The cast member running the vertical volcano water slide told my daughter the other slide should be open “next week”.

Construction fences are still up, doesn’t look like it will be done today.

The Lava Shack (the gift shop under the volcano) is in the process of being relocated to the elevator lobby near Makahiki (location of character breakfast). This makes me think that the main pool, Mamas Snack Shop and original location of The Lava Shack will be closed starting tomorrow.
Based on our view of the lazy river, it would not surprise me if it opens tomorrow. They are cleaning it (again ... they did this early last week as well). On the other hand, there is still work to be done on the Menehune Bridge. I don’t expect it to open for a number of days.

The Menehune Bridge will be out for a bit longer.
Ama Ama will be closed for breakfast and lunch starting today (10/14) throughout phase 2. There will be table service lunch served at Makahiki from 11:30am- 2:30pm daily.

If anyone tries out the Makahiki lunch would love it hear how it is or see a menu. We will be there in Nov.

My current prediction is that the lazy river will not open today. There is a circle of tile around one of the river entrances that still needs to be grouted in place.

Husband ran down to get juice. They have started removing the fence and lazy river will be open tomorrow according to cast member.

Attachments

• DF710919-9CF4-457B-9856-0A1F1A27951B.jpeg
    DF710919-9CF4-457B-9856-0A1F1A27951B.jpeg
    97 KB · Views: 17
We were told the main pool will close on Wednesday. It is open today. The restaurant Ama Ama appears to be open only for dinner. We were told that Mamas Snack Shop will close after today and the food unique to that location will be available at the Ulu cafe.

We were told the main pool will close on Wednesday. It is open today. The restaurant Ama Ama appears to be open only for dinner. We were told that Mamas Snack Shop will close after today and the food unique to that location will be available at the Ulu cafe.
Can you confirm the food from Mamas is available at Ulu Cafe?

The website is finally updated to reflect a more accurate time line for refurbishment.

October 16 to December 17

Open

Closed
  • Waikolohe Pool
  • Volcanic Vertical Waterslide
  • Aulani Pool Parties
  • Rainbow Reef
  • Waikolohe Pool Whirlpool Spa
  • Both ‘Alohi Point Whirlpool Spas
  • Menehune Bridge—the kids’ interactive area with 2 slides and a play structure
It now also says the schedule is subject to change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!