Status of Refurbishment

Interesting (and by that I mean disappointing) schedule update. I may be mistaken but I think the Menehune Bridge was originally slated to be completed in phase 1. Hoping that it's just running a bit behind and not closed for the length of phase 2. If anyone onsite has a better read on the day to day status it would be great to know. Knowing my kids, that would have been a good chunk of their pool time (we're visiting in late November).

On the website it says the bridge will be closed though the beginning of November, which is pretty vague. As they have listed it as closed until the end of refurbishment in December I would not count on it being opened in November at all. It is quite disappointing especially considering how many other kid water activities are not being offered.

We will also be there the week before Thanksgiving and really hoping the Menehune Bridge is open by then. Can anyone report if they fixed the slippery floors during phase 1?

The top picture is from Ulu, looks like they moved the food from Mama’s, but honestly I’m not well versed in either menu.
Bottom two pictures are the construction. We are sitting between this and the lazy river. Can definitely hear saws and construction noises today as they are tearing the patio next to Rainbow reef.

We will also be there the week before Thanksgiving and really hoping the Menehune Bridge is open by then. Can anyone report if they fixed the slippery floors during phase 1?

One of the cast members was saying how nice the new flooring is. It seemed ok, but I still felt it was more slippery than it should be in the wet spots, but hubby thought it was fine. I can only imagine how bad it was prior to the renovation, if that’s the case. So I guess it’s better, not sure if that answers your question. I always felt fine with shoes in, barefoot is where it felt less secure.

I'll be there with the family Nov 5-9, I really hope Menehune Bridge will be open for my DD and DS. I'll try to remember to update with pictures!

I really wouldn’t count on the bridge. I know through other sources that there are a couple of reasons for the delay, both of which are not quick fixes. Just wanted to let you know in case your kids are like my daughter who has a hard time when things are different then expected.

Is there is anyone currently at aulani that can tell me where the cabana’s are located.We reserved one for our stay, but with everything moved around, I suspect these have also been moved. Thanks 😊

I really wouldn’t count on the bridge. I know through other sources that there are a couple of reasons for the delay, both of which are not quick fixes. Just wanted to let you know in case your kids are like my daughter who has a hard time when things are different then expected.

Man.... that's a bummer. Fortunately this is our first trip to Aulani so they have no idea what they hope for or expect (in fact they don't even know we are going). It is a real bummer, but we'll just spend our time in the pool or lazy river and make the most out of it!

You think it will be open at any point in Nov?

menehune bridge still behind fences, and the lazy river was about as crowded as it is prior to renovations. supposedly hotel is at roughly 70% capacity, and with the menehune bridge closed...quite a few chairs are gone too. the line for the tube slide went as far down the stairs as the start of the seperation for the 2 slides (so about normal). seemed like the grotto pools were slightly less crowded than pre renovations, and ulu cafe seemed to have quite a few more people in/around it due to the loss of the tables by rainbow reef (and the 2 food stands). didn't seem like anyone was slipping near the lazy river either.

this was for friday, not sure what the weekend will look like...the pumpkin dole whip is good...but the candy corn seems to make it worse (too chewy).

definitely a shortage of chairs...they are being a lot more active in clearing the chairs...so gotta check back after roughly once around the lazy river...the 20 or so chairs missing due to the menehune bridge still being down has a noticeable effect. even the grotto, waialana, and kid fountain play areas are mostly taken too. (theres a food festival taking half the beach this weekend so thats probably contributing to it as well.)

It looks like a few of us will be there during the same time, we are booked 11/1-11/9. Safe travels everyone.

I saw on a facebook group that the menehune bridge opened yesterday! Just wanted to share with y’all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter