• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Stayed in BCV, SSR, GF ,CR, AKL,PBH and RPR in three weeks mini report comparing DVC

ear_poppin

<font color=purple>DVC since Jan 2004<br><font col
Hi

Just back from a glorious three weeks at WDW.

Stayed 5 nights at BCV. Room was wonderful. Not one ounce of damage. Checked it over completely. Had reasonably good view of Illumnations and was a suprise. Only realised I could see Epcot when they went off! My two boys thought SAB was out of this world. Service from front desk and the whole resort was great. Really really loved this place and had a great time. Then moved on to RPR Universal. It was OK and had front of line access but we had been spoiled by SAB. We had a great theme park view room.

Then moved to AKL. Compared to BCV this was very dark and a truly horrible long walk to room at end of the Savannah. Only three nights to put up with the walk and we moved to SSR.

Had the most amazing DTD view. It was breathtaking, it also looked out over the pool. ( Congress Park) The plantation was very neat and similar to the Grand Floridian. Took a boat ride all the way down to Riverside. Watched the DTD fireworks every night, they seemed just outside the room!

Really liked the fact that the bus stop was just over the parking lot. Buses were never packed. Every thing was clean and new.

Did not get to pool as we hada busy schedule. Spent 5 very happy nights here. As I was on my own with my two sons aged 5 and 8 ( DH had to run business) I did get put into some great rooms ( apart from AKL). Also I sipped Pina coladas whilst taking in the DTD atmosphere from the balcony.

Really liked this place and as I did not have to look at the construction it did not effect me. Place sure will be big once it is complete!

Next was the Grand Floridian. Wonderful place.Words cannot describe the luxury of this place. Had lagoon view with almost view of castle ( only booked garden view so great suprise) I also liked CR and had wonderful view of MNSSHP fireworks. Portofino Bay was a wonderful hotel but Bell services and front desk have a thing or two to learn from Disney.

My order of preference.

1. Grand Floridian
2. Very close second ( almost first ) BCV
3. Portofino Bay Bay view was amazing and so was the bathroom
4. SSR Loved the bright neatness and wonderful plants and DTD
5.CR Expected to dislike this but found room big and roomy.
6.AKL Had Savannah view but put off with unbelievably long walk to room.
7. RPR . Ok as hotels go but no wow factor for me !

Hope this helps...staying at BWV ,BCV, GF. HRH, WL and PBH next year but may squeeze in SSR 'cause I loved it !

Denise

Wow!! What a busy trip! What size rooms were you in at BCV and SSR? Sounds like you had some fantastic views!!

I was very impressed to read your report!!

I will be taking 2 Ds's in Dec. age 5 and 7 by myself. How was all the packing and moving? Did you have a car? I plan on renting a vehicle but decided to stay put at the VWL.

Did your boys wear you out? Love to hear how you 3 managed and planned your day since they are close in age.

Thanks for the Report!

Wow! 3 weeks, I am so jealous. I am also very impress by the moving with the kids. Sounds like you had lots of fun! Thanks for the report!

Glad to hear that you had such a great time. It must be wonderful having three weeks!!

what were your size units and their numbers?

we enjoyed the Royal Pacific. I got a high room (7th floor) looking over the pool. Of course this was the first 4 star resort that Spicey (my cat - see his picture) was allowed to be in with us.

and that might have been a big draw for me!!! He so enjoyed watching the birds flying below him.

Sorry your stay wasn't as pleasant.

All I can say is WOW!!!! Three weeks in Disney; I really can't imagine:eek: I would also like to know the room sizes. Thanks a bunch for the trip report too:teeth:

Lisa:sunny:

Hi

Actually I feel quite mean about my comments about RPR as it was a very nice hotel. Looking at my photos I took, the theme park view was really awesome. Looking out at the Hulk ride and Doctor Doomfall! The kids wanted a slide at the pool, which I thought it had,but there was not a slide.I guess it just didn't Rock my World!, unlike the Hard Rock and PBH.

I would certainly stay there again, but if I could have the other two first I would do so. One of my friends think RPR is best so its all down to personal choice.

I have left the paper work round my Mums, so I will get it tommorrow and post the room numbers, but in essence we stayed in studios as there was just me and my two boys. Biggest room was CR.

Next was GF.

Biggest bathroom was PBH....really lovely tiling.

BCV and all DVC use granite in the sink areas. However GF and CR use Marble.That is not ideal as it tends to dull and not be sparkly like granite. It also takes in marks that cannot be taken off.

Nicest wallpaper was AKL fulll of drawings of animals. Just too darn dark and woodsy for me. Loved BCV, SSR and GF for that bright and airy look.

CR furniture was large and bright but made of formica that chips and reminds me of the All Stars furniture. Lots of draw space.

Best quality of furniture =SSR

Best bath = PBH. It was very wide. All three of us fitted in there.

Best Pool

1. BCV ..SAB need any more be said
2. PBH Beach pool and slide with bump in it!
3. GF beach pool. The sand went right up from the lagoon to the edge of the zero entry.
4. AKL, but I like blue pools not dark bottomed pools, shortish slide
5.SSR Pool the slide looked good but we did not have time to go swimming.
6. RPR no slide but the pool kids boat was good fun.
7. CR only as we did not swim as it looked a bit boring and there were a lot of Mossies about.

Best view = GF and RPR.

AKL= had good view but the walk to room was a killer. There were very slight animal smells, at the hottest point of the day, but that is nature.

Hope this helps answer a few Q's !

Denise

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! We returned Oct. 22 from SSR and OKW. Our SSR studio also overlooked the Congress Park pool and DTD. It was 1747. We were in one of the oldest GVs at OKW after that, and both were in excellent condition.

So glad your first trip home was a satisfactory one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter