Staying 3 nights at animal kingdom and 8 nights at the Polynesian help me plan my trip!!

Robvilla123

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I will be staying 3 nights at the animal kingdom lodge and then moving to Polynesian for 8 nights at a DVC room. We’re going March 5-16. How are crowds during those times? Is spring break alredy in progress during that time? I am hoping to not go on a very busy time. Also should I just plan one day to the animal kingdom park during my nights at animal kingdom lodge and plan Epcot magic kingdom and Hollywood studios when we’re at the Polynesian? I have a restraint reservation at chef Mickey and at wildness lodge. Is it easy to get around from the Polynesian resort? So many questions thank you for your help and god bless you all for helping me!!

This sounds like a fantastic trip, based on your resorts alone! And don't stress too much about crowds, there really isn't a time of year without them anymore. But, early March will be better than late March.

Travel to and from Animal Kingdom Lodge is very easy so go to whichever parks you want to while you are there! AK is definitely the closest to that resort, but if you want to make a trip to Hollywood Studios or Epcot it won't be a hassle. I can't answer all of your questions but hopefully this is a good start for you. Happy planning!

Canadian spring break starts on March 14. March 14-16 will be busy park days.

Keep in mind that getting a Flight of Passage fastpass on one of your first 3 days may not be possible. You may not be able to get a FOP fastpass until day 5 or later of your trip.

Canadian spring break starts on March 14. March 14-16 will be busy park days.

Keep in mind that getting a Flight of Passage fastpass on one of your first 3 days may not be possible. You may not be able to get a FOP fastpass until day 5 or later of your trip.
Why is that? I’ll be able to book 60 days in advance no?

Animal Kingdom Lodge is my favorite resort. It sounds like a wonderful trip. Are you traveling solo? There is so much to enjoy and relax around AKL, such a unique experience. Have you been to WDW before? KIds, family with you? I could easily spend a couple days just enjoying Animal KIngdom Lodge, but since that is the beginning of your trip, you or your traveling party might want to go see and do it all. I recommend Boma or Sanaa while you are there. Poly is easy to get around, and romantic at night with the torches lit. Try to catch the torch lighting ceremony too. You can walk from Poly to TTC to catch the monrail to Epcot. It is faster than monorail to TTC, switch monorail, then monorail to Epcot. Enjoy your trip. Sounds wonderful.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is my favorite resort. It sounds like a wonderful trip. Are you traveling solo? There is so much to enjoy and relax around AKL, such a unique experience. Have you been to WDW before? KIds, family with you? I could easily spend a couple days just enjoying Animal KIngdom Lodge, but since that is the beginning of your trip, you or your traveling party might want to go see and do it all. I recommend Boma or Sanaa while you are there. Poly is easy to get around, and romantic at night with the torches lit. Try to catch the torch lighting ceremony too. You can walk from Poly to TTC to catch the monrail to Epcot. It is faster than monorail to TTC, switch monorail, then monorail to Epcot. Enjoy your trip. Sounds wonderful.
Hello thanks for your tips!
I am traveling with 1 10 year old and 1 6 month old and my wife. We want to have a day I. Between the parks days at the resorts to chill and relax as my wife wants to go relax and not be on The run every day. We will Do animal kingdom one of the 3 days we’re at AKL and then do 1 full day at the resort before going to the Polynesian. I believe we’re only buying 5 or 6 tickets for the parks out of our9 full days there. I still have a chance to stay one more day if I get a room at old key west and give up a night at Polynesian but that’s for another discussion! Thank you!!

Hello thanks for your tips!
I am traveling with 1 10 year old and 1 6 month old and my wife. We want to have a day I. Between the parks days at the resorts to chill and relax as my wife wants to go relax and not be on The run every day. We will Do animal kingdom one of the 3 days we’re at AKL and then do 1 full day at the resort before going to the Polynesian. I believe we’re only buying 5 or 6 tickets for the parks out of our9 full days there. I still have a chance to stay one more day if I get a room at old key west and give up a night at Polynesian but that’s for another discussion! Thank you!!
I would just stay at Poly, rather than move to OKW for 2 nights. Poly is spacious and convenient. As a DVC member, you will stay at them all, and it is exciting to get started. For this first trip, with a 6 month old, 2 resorts will be great. Save OKW for another time.

Why is that? I’ll be able to book 60 days in advance no?

To expand on my answer, a FP for the most popular rides, FOP, 7DMT, SDD unlikely to be available for the first few days after your check in date, as they have been gobbled up by those checking in on days prior. This is why for my upcoming trip I have EPCOT first (easy to get FP), then MVMCP, a rest / Typhoon Lagoon day, then the last three days are HS, MK, and AK in succession. At 7 am 60 days out, working as a team with the other family, we snagged morning FP for FOP, SDD, 7DMT.

will be on property during same time. was there same time last year. yes it will be crowded as many private schools (and public) in Northeast start spring breaks from early March on. Plus given that DHS will be teeming given ROTR (and MMRRopening in early March) its gonna have ripple effects to other parks. As for FPs just get on the app as soon as you can to secure them. There’s also Disney After Hours for MK and AK those weeks. Helps lessen the stress for missing a ride here and there during the day and well worth it, imho.

I loved how convenient it was to go to other resorts form the Polynesian. As MK is so close you won't have trouble in going to the MK bus station and catch a bus for another resort. We loved catching a bus to the Boardwalk resort and walk to the boardwalk in the evening. So yes, you would do the same for Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter