Staying at AKL do we need a car?

poohlover

Fireworks at Magic Kingdom!
Need some thoughts from you experts...we are staying at AKL over Thanksgiving, 6 kids 2 adults...do we really need a car? I hear the transportation is good on the buses from AKL.

Just looking for other peoples experiences here. Thanks

Originally posted by poohlover
Need some thoughts from you experts...we are staying at AKL over Thanksgiving, 6 kids 2 adults...do we really need a car? I hear the transportation is good on the buses from AKL.

Just looking for other peoples experiences here. Thanks

We found the bus transportation from the AKL to the parks to be very good. When you check in they tell you that the buses run every 20mins from your resort to the parks. We never waited more then 15mins and the 15min wait happened only once. Disney does a good job of getting you from your resort to the parks and back but if you are looking to move between resorts I would drive or take a cab, with 8 people two cabs.

We always have a rental car with us and use this to drive to DTD, other resorts, minigolf and the BW for a night at ESPN and JellyRolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter