Staying at aulani means we stayed at all the DVC resorts.

ljcrochet

DIS Veteran
Welcome! Just home from Hawaii. We did a week at aulani followed by 3 nights on the big island in volcano.

The we this trip was

dh who loves to plan Disney trips but did no planning this time
Me, I love Disney. Usually let dh plan then quide him to what I want to doni
Dd1 a Disney adult age 11

Dd2 also a Disney adult at age 11

The 6 hour time change was fine while we were on vacation, but back to reality it is very hard.

This trip marked us staying at every single dvc resort.

This trip marked us staying at every single dvc resort.
Here is what i wrote in 2012 about our DVC stays.
2008 was our first trip "home". We stayed on developer points at SSR in December. We did a studio, then a one bedroom, then a studio for a week long trip. I think the picture under my name was take on that trip as we were waiting for ME.
August 2009 we did another split stay, this time at 2 resorts. We did AKV Kadani villiage in a 2 bedroom, followed by a one bedroom lake view at BLT.
P1070134.jpg

This is the trip that DH did a live dining review (or at least it started out as a live report).
Since this is about DVC resorts I'll include our October 2009 OKW stay. It was on FIL's points.
June 2010 we stayed at AKV Jambo house in a concierge studio.
Feb 2012 again using FIL's points we stayed at BCV.

In May 2011 and June 2012 we did a HHIR stay.
In August of 2012 We stayed in a 1 bedroom at wilderness lodge for 4 nights. This is the one resort that I don't really remember anything about. We were there for 4 nights then moved to the treehouses for 3 nights.
December 2012 DH and I stayed at BLT for a night.
December 2013 we stayed at SSR
August 2014 we stayed at Boardwalk and Grand Floridian
December 2014 Vero beach, as well as Pop century for a night. I know there was another DVC resort but no clue which one maybe AKV
August 2015 Hilton Head
December 2015 AKV, Vero beach and Poly
April 2016 : Villas at Grand California

We decided to go to Aulani mid August. Was able to book flight there on airmiles for Monday 8/15 we had a direct flight from Jfk. Dh went online at our 7 month windo and texted me 1 bedroom ocean view or 34 points more 2 bedroom island view.
We decided to go with the 2 bedroom. Figure this way if MIL decided to come we would have room. But she wound up unable to come.
When pricing flights home, realized we had enough airmiles for 2 trips, and even better cost was same from Hilo.

So this made our plan Monday to Monday at Aulani, followed with 3 nights in volcano.

My only real plans before we left was just to relax.

Thursday before we were set to leave DH texted me he got hit. He was in the van going straight, and a teenager turned left into him. Damaged the front corner panel, tire rim. Dh was fine. Arranged to the take car to body shop on Friday. Got a rental for the weekend.
Body shop is around the corner from the place we are dropping dogs off. MIL decided she would drive us to the airport and pick us up. So Monday morning at around 7am, I drive with mil to dog place, dh and girls drove body shop to turn in the rental. Then is was off to the airport.

We have pre-check so after waiting in a small line, zipped through security. Didn't need to take off shoes or take dh' work laptop out of his bag.
We have a plane at the gate
image.jpeg
Reading Harry Potter while waiting till boarding.
image.jpeg
On the pman
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
ablut half way through the 11 hour flight, I switch seats with sydney. At one point, I put my kindle in the seat pocket, and when I went to grab it, I could not find it. No clue how since it was right in the pocket.
Next stop Honolulu

Once we landed we had to find rental car shuttle. While walking dh reprised the car. He got it for cheaper. We rented from Alamo. We had a full size car. We could pick a Honda accord or a Subaru? We went for the Subaru since honda's electronic suck. We used waze as our gps so needed to be able to hear it. The subaru had 2 usb charger.

We headed towards Aulani,but since we were hungry we decided so stop for a late lunch early supper. We stopped at Ono steak and shrimp
Dh and dd2 shared steak and shrimpimage.jpeg
Dh1 had noodles image.jpeg
I had shrimp which I shared with dd2.image.jpeg
We all tried dd1's noodles. Everything was yummy.

We then stopped at target to get snack food for the week. We knew to bring bags, but left them in the car so dh has to run our to get them.

We were finally on our way to Aulani! Short drive to resort. Pulled up, had bell services put all of our stuff on a cart. I should have either kept the cold grocery store or asked them to put them somewhere cold.

Since it was after 4 would our room be ready?

Before I ok the room pictures, I called bell services for our luggage and groceries.
It took about a 1/2 hour for us to get our stuff. Which was annoying since we had cold food.

I know we went to the pool. Dh and the girls tried the slide. I hate going down a slide in my glasses,so I passed for today.
I have no clue what we ate for dinner.

Not sure if I should continue this review since I'm talking to my self but I'll be back even if it is to wrap up my thoughts on Aulani. How did I think I ranked compared to Hilton head and vero?

You're not talking to yourself! I love reading aulani reviews since that's what we're planning. Very jealous of the 2 bedroom! Looks awesome. Would love to hear more even if you just feel like cutting it short and giving tips/overall opinion.

Also... How cool to be able to stay in every DVC resort!

What were your thoughts on everything? We are heading back to Aulani this summer and stopping on Maui for 3 days after. Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!