Staying at POR - A Few Questions

mamateacher

Mouseketeer
Hello,
My family of four is staying at POR in a month and we reserved a Garden View room. Is there a specific building that is preferred and I should request? I know not all requests are guaranteed.

Also, I searched on other websites, but I am looking for someone's recent bus experience. What bus depot is preferred for getting to MK or Epcot? I read that the South Depot is the last stop, and often times can be full, so our best bet is the West Depot. Is this true?

Thanks again!

Have you asked over on the POR thread on the Dis? Many posters are vets of POR. If you booked regular garden view you can be in 2 of the Mansion buildings (non-Royal room buildings) or any of the Bayou except for the Bayou preferred locations ( a separate booking category). Another source of info if you haven't checked is www.portorleans.org

There are 2 sections to POR. Alligator Bayou and Mansions. If you aren't paying extra for a preferred location, the closest standard building to the lobby/foodcourt is building #16 in AB. If your ARE paying for preferred, building 14 Is right next to it. In Mansions, #85 (magnolia) is closest non royal building.

Last edited:
Have you asked over on the POR thread on the Dis? Many posters are vets of POR. If you booked regular garden view you can be in 2 of the Mansion buildings (non-Royal room buildings) or any of the Bayou except for the Bayou preferred locations ( a separate booking category). Another source of info if you haven't checked is www.portorleans.org

Oh, I didn't even realize there was a POR thread....Just posted over there. Thank you!

We are headed back in March for our second visit. First time we stayed in AB, this time I want to stay in the Mansions. I figure it shouldn't be a hard request to fill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter