Staying at VWL for the first time, any tips?

ali in wonderland

Mouseketeer
We are staying at VWL for the first time in August. We have a 2br for our family of six. Any suggestions on where we should request our room? I have a hard time walking, so it might be nice to be close to the bus stop. We already love whispering canyon cafe. What else should we make sure we don't miss? What do you love about VWL? We have stayed at SSR, BLT 4x, OKW. I'm really looking forward to our stay here.

We are staying at VWL for the first time in August. We have a 2br for our family of six. Any suggestions on where we should request our room? I have a hard time walking, so it might be nice to be close to the bus stop. We already love whispering canyon cafe. What else should we make sure we don't miss? What do you love about VWL? We have stayed at SSR, BLT 4x, OKW. I'm really looking forward to our stay here.

Anyone?

I like the first floor lake side. The balconies seem larger and back up nicely to the woods. Granted it is not a lake view by any means, but it is closer to the pool in most cases, not that any walks from anywhere in the lodge are that long.

Have dinner at Artist point and have the smoky portobello soup. YUM! We love the lodge for the quiet factor, it is a great respite from the parks. Have a swim in the afternoon or just lounge in the hot tub, but don't forget to get a drink at the pool bar and bring it over. It isn't too far.

Rent some bikes if you want some non park fun, or even take the walking path over to Fort Wilderness. Can always do Hoop Dee Do Revue or any of the Contemporary restaurants since there is a boat over to those.

Movies at night on the beach are a lot of fun too. If I think of anything else, I will write back.

Oh, we also like the "train room" with the fireplace and read a book there, although, may be a little warm for August.

We too will be having our first VWL stay in november. We are beyond excited and counting the days. I also have some walking problems. Pop over to the VWL groupies thread. They are wonderful folks there and they gave me lots of good tips. :thumbsup2

All the villas are closer to the bus stop than any of the lodge rooms.

VWL is really a small resort, with most views a view of the woods. Sometimes you get a little peek of the lake through the trees or a bit of the pool.

We made no room request for our first stay at VWL. We ended up on the 1st floor, as far away from the pools as you could get near a dumpster... and it was STILL amazing and beautiful. :wizard:

That was the most magestic dumpster ever :lmao:

I just really don't think you can go wrong at the Lodge :cloud9:

We just got back from our first stay at the WL and loved it! Hoop De Doo revue was fun and we really enjoyed renting bikes and cycling over to the stables. It was so peaceful after the hubbub of the parks. The food at Artist's Point was delicious too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter