Staying on points. Eligible for "bounceback offers"?

EYL

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this question is in the wrong place, but the bounceback thread seems to be for general booking and not for DVC bookings...

Anyways, I'll be staying on my points in February 2020. Of course, extended family is planning a Summer 2020 WDW vacation and I don't have enough points for it. While I'm there in February, would I be eligible to book a Moderate using the bounceback offers that they generally offer cash stays?

Thanks for any information/experience!

There are no bounceback offers for any points reservations, at least as far as I have ever known. You could attempt a DVC rental from an owner or through a broker and likely get a DVC room, such as at SSR or OKW, for a price close to or possibly less than any bounce back offer..

Last edited:
There's supposed to be a phone number you can call from the resort phone to see if you can book a bounceback...

While I've never booked with bounceback, I would say yes you can book it on a dvc stay based on how prominently the bounceback paperwork is featured in my Saratoga Springs room.

I'd still recommend that you book something now on the cash website, so that way you have something, then cancel once you have your desired resort/price confirmed.

Yes, you are eligible to book bounce back offers if you are staying on points during the initial stay. Obviously the bounce back offer will be a cash booking with whatever offer they have at the time, but it sounds like that you will be out of points and looking for a cash booking.

You can book the bounce back but you need to be on the reservation since you will be the onsite guest who is booking it.

You can’t book for others without including you as lead guest. Unless it has changed, if you remove yourself down the road, the offer will not be valid.

You can book the bounce back but you need to be on the reservation since you will be the onsite guest who is booking it.

You can’t book for others without including you as lead guest. Unless it has changed, if you remove yourself down the road, the offer will not be valid.
This is correct. You can book a room for each adult in your DVC points room, with that adult as lead guest. But they'll need to stay lead guest to keep the discount booking.

Thanks for all the replies with all the advice! I was hoping to use the bouceback offer since my extended family seems to love CBR and it looks like we'll be staying there, so no point rentals. If I remember correctly, I can book at least 2 rooms using the offer, so at least my immediate family will get a slight discount. If it'll work out, maybe wifey can book 2 more rooms using her name as lead guest.

I'd still recommend that you book something now on the cash website, so that way you have something, then cancel once you have your desired resort/price confirmed.

Thanks! We did exactly that - 6 rooms in total at CBR.

Thanks for all the replies with all the advice! I was hoping to use the bouceback offer since my extended family seems to love CBR and it looks like we'll be staying there, so no point rentals. If I remember correctly, I can book at least 2 rooms using the offer, so at least my immediate family will get a slight discount. If it'll work out, maybe wifey can book 2 more rooms using her name as lead guest.

Thanks! We did exactly that - 6 rooms in total at CBR.
I thought it was one room per adult guest who is staying when you book the bounce back. So, you would get one and your wife one. I didn’t think they would let you book two because then you’d be lead guest on two rooms.

I thought it was one room per adult guest who is staying when you book the bounce back. So, you would get one and your wife one. I didn’t think they would let you book two because then you’d be lead guest on two rooms.

You may be right. I vaguely remember booking 2 rooms about 12 years ago using the bounce back but things could have changed or my memory could be shot! :o

You may be right. I vaguely remember booking 2 rooms about 12 years ago using the bounce back but things could have changed or my memory could be shot! :o

So could mine! Hahaha

It is one room per adult in the unit, and that adult needs to be lead on the unit booked. So two - one for OP and one for wife.

It is one room per adult in the unit, and that adult needs to be lead on the unit booked. So two - one for OP and one for wife.

Actually, from the link that @CarolynFH posted above (https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...eback-for-2020-dates-read-first-post.3680214/), the thread indicates that it's up to 3 rooms per person and (a relaxing of the rules) that I can place other rooms in other guests names who are not travelling with me. If I'm reading this right and this information is correct, this is a plus for us!

Actually, from the link that @CarolynFH posted above (https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...eback-for-2020-dates-read-first-post.3680214/), the thread indicates that it's up to 3 rooms per person and (a relaxing of the rules) that I can place other rooms in other guests names who are not travelling with me. If I'm reading this right and this information is correct, this is a plus for us!
I guess it’ll be February before you can confirm this via your own experience (although I think that thread I linked is pretty reliable), so please report back to this thread. I don’t expect to be booking a bounceback, but you never know!

It seems as though they have indeed changed it to allow someone to book up to 3 rooms with the offer, What is not clear is if it is 3 per adult or just 3 total.

But, whatever is booked, you’ll have to travel for all to keep the deal.

It seems as though they have indeed changed it to allow someone to book up to 3 rooms with the offer, What is not clear is if it is 3 per adult or just 3 total.

But, whatever is booked, you’ll have to travel for all to keep the deal.

Yeah, no pressure on me, right? Maybe I should keep it the way it is and no bounceback. :) Honestly, I'm hoping for a free dining offer on the bounceback, but not sure about the time of the year we're visitng.

I'll update the thread after my visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts