Steam and Sauna room /gym at Royal Pacific

Cindy B

<font color=blue>Have taken some furniture polish
We have gym access included on our RP room so we'd like to try both the gym and steam and sauna,

Is there a separate steam and sauna for men and women or is it unisex?

I realize there are two rooms (steam and sauna ) but wondering if they were unisex or not . Pictures would be awesome !

Also does anyone have reviews of the gym itself. We go to the gym everyday and are still plannning to do so there (early am workout then the parks) .

Also if we have club room at Royal with gym included can we use gym at Portofino and or Hard Rock - can we gym spa sauna hop as well as pool hop?

From what I read on the website (I am staying there as well) the steam and sauna are single sex, the whirlpool is unisex - and the gym closes at 10pm

The gym is pretty decent for a hotel gym. Certainly enough to get by while on vacation. There is about 10 machines, a smith rack with about 400 lbs, rack of dumbells, couple of benches, and numerous cardio pieces. I didn't use the sauna or steam room so not sure about that.

The gym is better and bigger than the one at Hard Rock. not sure about Portfino Bay.

My family and I just returned yesterday from a lovely seven nights at the Royal Pacific Resort. I used the gym almost every day and thought it was just perfect. The room is kept clean and well stocked with towels, fresh fruit, ear buds, towels, water (there is a water cooler plus a decanter with lemons/limes/strawberries). The locker room is a good size and has everything you might need. There is a steam room and dry sauna. It took me several days before venturing into the whirlpool room and I wish I had done so earlier. It is a hidden gem; tranquil and relaxing, lovely décor and fountains. It is a nice quiet place to escape. The two times we used it, no one else came in.

Yes I was there at that time as well. The machines are early 2000's to 2010 machines . (Not anything recent in the past two to three years) .the lockers were an older 2000s style .still serviceable but older style. The whirlpool was nice - we were the only ones in there as well.

Sapphire falls had a fantastic gym. All brand new equipment , new large room , bosu balls, lots of equipment and lots of tvs. The lockers were the new style with keyless combinations, and newer showers, steam and saunas. Shower equipment looked nice as well .

Do you need to bring your own lock for the lockers?

I was there a couple of years ago and was thoroughly annoyed to find out that the gym had no shower. No one I talked to (and I asked a few staff) had a clue a locker room existed. I was peeved I couldn't shower after my workout (I went on my checkout day).

I had used the locker room in Hard Rock Hotel the year before and that was lovely.

I was there a couple of years ago and was thoroughly annoyed to find out that the gym had no shower. No one I talked to (and I asked a few staff) had a clue a locker room existed. I was peeved I couldn't shower after my workout (I went on my checkout day).

I had used the locker room in Hard Rock Hotel the year before and that was lovely.
There are showers at RPR. They are hiding but there

There were showers in the ladies room (right near the older style steam room) and en route to the whirlpool. It may have looked like the changing area but they were there. I don't know about the men's side though.

I like the gym at RPR. I only went once or twice on my last trip and just used the treadmill but it was fine.

It's nice that they leave out fresh fruit there too but it was annoying when people attending conferences used their room key to come into the gym and take it. Aren't they on expense accounts? Surely they could afford to pay a dollar or two for a banana at the Orchid Court quick service? I'll never understand some people.

Anyone use the Hard Rock gym since the refurb?

We've stayed at RPR the last couple trips and like the gym there better, but we haven't stayed at the HRH since 2010. I'm wondering if there's any improvements since then?

We're staying there in December due to no availability at RPR.

Thank you for posting this. We've stayed at RPR 3 times and have never really checked out anything other than the front desk, our room, and the walk from our room to the boat to the parks. ;)

We have a Christmas trip planned this year and my wife loves saunas and steam rooms. I think we might makes some time for her to check them out. Sounds like she'll love the whirlpool, too.

There are men's and women's showers at RPR in the locker room/sauna/bathroom area. We used them.

Does everyone staying at RPH have access to the gym or is it tied to room type? We have standard room Dec 16~20th and intend to use the gym/showers on check~out day if we use the pool. Thanks

Does everyone staying at RPH have access to the gym or is it tied to room type? We have standard room Dec 16~20th and intend to use the gym/showers on check~out day if we use the pool. Thanks

As of a couple years ago everyone staying at RPR has access to the gym.

It used to be club level guests were free and everyone else was a $10 a day charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts