Stencils anyone?

roadtripper

DIS Veteran
Hi--
I have been really impressed with all the designs on this board! I have big family trip planned for Feb, have 20 red T-shirts, and wanted to do a simple stencil of the mouse ears (about 2X2 inches) that I would color in with a gold glitter fabric pen. On each shirt, I was going to write the name in Waltograph, kind of free form.
Any ideas where I can get a Mickey stencil that will survive 20 T shirts?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated for this design newbie. Thanks!

roadtripper said:
Hi--
I have been really impressed with all the designs on this board! I have big family trip planned for Feb, have 20 red T-shirts, and wanted to do a simple stencil of the mouse ears (about 2X2 inches) that I would color in with a gold glitter fabric pen. On each shirt, I was going to write the name in Waltograph, kind of free form.
Any ideas where I can get a Mickey stencil that will survive 20 T shirts?
Any other suggestions would be appreciated for this design newbie. Thanks!

We've made stencils for Girl Scout activities before and we use the sheets of kids fun foam. It is strong enough for the younger girls to use so I'm sure it could do what you want on this project as well. We've even used it as a stamp by gluing it on a larger piece of cardboard and inking it really well. The girls made their own stencils and stamp designs which was cool to see all the different ideas and skill levels.

I want to make a reverse stencil so that I can spray paint the Mickey head inside the stencil. I'll be testing this in the next week or so.

Thanks for this suggestion--sounds like a great idea! Should I get a good model of the Mickey head, and cut it out with an exacto knife?

Anyone have a good version that would fit the bill? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter