Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

Does anyone know how long it takes for it to show on the Orange County website? I sent it in last Friday & included a self addressed, stamped envelope.

Does anyone know how long it takes for it to show on the Orange County website? I sent it in last Friday & included a self addressed, stamped envelope.
I sent one on a Wednesday a couple of weeks ago. It showed up as "in process" 3-4 days later. The scan showed up later that day. It then took another 3-4 days for it to show as complete on the web. I actually called them. They told me, once the scan shows on the web, it is a done deal and you can send a copy to Disney.

From when I mailed it until I had the new account on the DVC site was 2 weeks. It was been a couple of days since then and I am still waiting for my daughters to get their activation codes. They don't need cards for 3 more weeks, so we have not been hounding DVC.

I sent one on a Wednesday a couple of weeks ago. It showed up as "in process" 3-4 days later. The scan showed up later that day. It then took another 3-4 days for it to show as complete on the web. I actually called them. They told me, once the scan shows on the web, it is a done deal and you can send a copy to Disney.

From when I mailed it until I had the new account on the DVC site was 2 weeks. It was been a couple of days since then and I am still waiting for my daughters to get their activation codes. They don't need cards for 3 more weeks, so we have not been hounding DVC.

Thank you for replying. I’m nervous that I did something wrong & that is why nothing is showing up yet.

Here's my timeline....
I mailed to the PO box using 1st class mail, not overnight to the street address.
Put letter in mailbox 2/20/19 with self addressed stamped envelope for return I also sent an email to dvc with the completed form
on 2/26 - around noon I saw the transfer show up on the website - about 2 hours later the scanned image showed up (I later found out it was a done deal at that point) website still showed "in process, changes can occur" and only 1 name in transferer and transferee
on 2/27 I got a letter from DVC with the new member info and needing everyone's signature
on 3/2 - my check cleared
on 3/4 - All the names appeared on the website in the morning, but still "in process". I called and spoke to the OCC - they said it was a done deal, it just does not show as complete until the deed is in the mail. By end of day, it showed as complete on the website
on 3/4 in the evening I emailed dvc a scan of the deed and the signed forms
on 3/5 I called dvc on they said they had the forms and marked it as rush
on 3/6 - new member number showed in my account - no points
on 3/7 - current point status showed in my account
on 3/8 - new members got an email with activation code - they logged in and have an image of the member card. I also received the paper copy of the deed on 3/8. So 12 business days!!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone here for this thread (especially Kaufeegurl!!). Amazing information that has been invaluable to me and my parents to get me added onto their membership/deed. Sent the Request to Change Title form to Disney today and we're now working on the deed. Wish us luck!!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone here for this thread (especially Kaufeegurl!!). Amazing information that has been invaluable to me and my parents to get me added onto their membership/deed. Sent the Request to Change Title form to Disney today and we're now working on the deed. Wish us luck!!

Let us know how it goes for you. I am also curious about your experience so far. How much did you spend on things. How was it to get your information and make (modify) your own contract. How long did it take you, timewise?

I had 5 contracts, Sepember Use Year, at Poly. These were under the name of myself and my wife. I had a separate contract, September Use Year at AKL. It was under a different membership number because it had 6 of us, myself, my wife and our 4 adult children on it. I took 2 of the Poly contracts and added my kids to them and submitted them to Disney.

First thing, Disney said they could not record the changes in the contracts, until ALL RESERVATIONS using the points from those contracts were either completed or cancelled. As soon as I completed them, last month, I called Disney and within a day or two, they had switched it over.

But then I had a problem. They put the two modified contracts under another SEPARATE Membership Number. Now I had 3 membership numbers for them. I HAD talked with them before about combining the two modified Poly contracts with the September Use Year AKL contract, but they hadn't done it. I called them back the same day, and talked with them. They apologized. They looked on my records and saw that I had requested that the Modified Poly contracts be combined with the AKL contract, and they said they would take care of it. They asked me if I had a preference on which membership number to keep, the Modified Poly membership number or the AKL membership number. I said AKL would be preferred, but it really didn't matter as long as I had them under the same membership number.

2 days later, I signed on and saw that they had indeed moved my two modified Poly contracts to the Membership Number with my AKL contract, and everything is peachy keen.

Glad to hear that Disney was so helpful with everything!

I emailed the Request to Change Title form to DVC on Wednesday afternoon and my mom got the email from them with all the information and forms today, Friday. It took less than 2 days! So now I am working on the deed and hope to have everything ready to mail early next week. (I just have to find a notary somewhere!) I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

The deed is done and we got it notarized today. I just got off the phone with the Orange County Comptroller's Official Records office and a very nice lady told me that there is no longer any kind of form needed for the document tax. She told me to write on the top left of the deed "Consideration $10.00" and that my fee would be $20.20 (this is determined by how many pages the deed is and how many names of grantors and grantees are on the deed). She said to just send the deed and the check. I am also going to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope as OP suggested. Hopefully my next update will be that the deed was recorded successfully (and soon)!!

The deed is done and we got it notarized today. I just got off the phone with the Orange County Comptroller's Official Records office and a very nice lady told me that there is no longer any kind of form needed for the document tax. She told me to write on the top left of the deed "Consideration $10.00" and that my fee would be $20.20 (this is determined by how many pages the deed is and how many names of grantors and grantees are on the deed). She said to just send the deed and the check. I am also going to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope as OP suggested. Hopefully my next update will be that the deed was recorded successfully (and soon)!!
Thank you for reporting back! Contributions like this really help keep the process updated - we know how things can change quickly! I edited the original post instructions and put step 3 on hold pending the successful recording of your deed - please post back when your deed is successfully recorded (soon)!

Last edited:
Anyone from Canada get this done by themselves using this thread? I just wondered if we need an ink stamp like the US or a wax seal like the UK and if we could send a bank draft to the OCC since I don't have an American funds chequing account.

Anyone from Canada get this done by themselves using this thread? I just wondered if we need an ink stamp like the US or a wax seal like the UK and if we could send a bank draft to the OCC since I don't have an American funds chequing account.
You should call the OCC (Orange County Controller) office. They are very nice there and I think their main job is DVC lol :0 They would be able to answer your questions

Thank you for reporting back! Contributions like this really help keep the process updated - we know how things can change quickly! I edited the original post instructions and put step 3 on hold pending the successful recording of your deed - please post back when your deed is successfully recorded (soon)!

Absolutely! Very happy to help! This thread has saved me hundreds of dollars. (Assuming the deed goes through, which I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.) I mailed everything on Wed. afternoon in a priority mail envelope to the physical address. It says it will arrive there on Sat. which means they should have it by Mon. I will be checking the website starting Monday morning until it arrives there!

We ended up using LT Transfers as recommended up thread. Just got the welcome home email. We had to call yesterday since it had been almost 4 weeks since LT Transfers sent the deed back to Disney and we hadn’t heard from Disney, they apparently have a backlog.

Success!! Our new deed finally appeared on the Orange Co. Comptroller's site today. It took exactly 1 week from the time my Priority Mail envelope arrived there until it was on the site. The total cost for me to get the new deed was $20.20 (plus the postage). I spent quite a bit of time researching deeds and then searching for and reading DVC deeds on the OC Comptroller's site. After that, the actual creation of the deed took very little time.

As I mentioned earlier, there is no longer a form for the document tax. For gratuitous transfers like I did, all I did was hand-write "Consideration $10.00" on the top left of the first page of the deed.

Next, I will be sending everything to Disney. I'll report back when everything is completed.

Thank you for all the information on this site, it is clear that a lot of time and energy has been put into the gathering of all the information that has been provided here. This seems to be a very complicated process. We are considering adding our adult daughter to our contracts so she can take advantage of the annual passes. I have a few questions:

1- We have four contracts, if they are all put on one deed does that present a problem if we were to decide to sell any of the contracts?
2- I will have to go back and reread this whole thing again but looking for a quick answer. I think I read that you could prepare one deed and list each contract (with the required information for each) on that one deed to add the name, is that correct? I will go back and look but if anyone has a quick answer it would be greatly appreciated.
3- Also when listing the names and address do you put only the address of the primary owner? How would Disney/DVC know the address of the added person if it's not listed on the deed?

Thanks I appreciate your help!

1- We have four contracts, if they are all put on one deed does that present a problem if we were to decide to sell any of the contracts?

It shouldn't. If you sell the deed they are on, they would lose benefits. They would also have to sign the papers at time of sale. If you sold a deed they were not on, it would not impact their benefits.

2- I will have to go back and reread this whole thing again but looking for a quick answer. I think I read that you could prepare one deed and list each contract (with the required information for each) on that one deed to add the name, is that correct? I will go back and look but if anyone has a quick answer it would be greatly appreciated.

For presenting to Disney (letting them know what you are doing) you need one piece of paper outlining all the contracts effected. For the county, you need a unique Warranty deed for every contract you are transferring. So about $20 per contract/deed.

3- Also when listing the names and address do you put only the address of the primary owner? How would Disney/DVC know the address of the added person if it's not listed on the deed?

Yes, just use one address. After you send Disney the new deed, they will send you a new owner information sheet. That is when you can supply them the unique addresses. Also after your daughters are in the system, they can call MS and update their addresses.

Thanks I appreciate your help

I mailed all of the completed paperwork and a copy of the recorded deed to DVC in a priority mail envelope on June 11. I received a "Welcome Home" email on Friday, June 14 with my member number and pin to create my account on the DVC member site! I was shocked it came so quickly! I was expecting it to take weeks. So, all is done and I am now an official DVC member! Yay! Now to begin the search for the perfect resale contract to add on!!

where did you get a new deed to send in to Comptrollers office? I have already sent in all paper work and the name change is recorded, I just don"t know where to find the new deed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter