Step By Step - How to Add Names to an Existing Contract (Gratuitous Transfer)

1- We have four contracts, if they are all put on one deed does that present a problem if we were to decide to sell any of the contracts?

It shouldn't. If you sell the deed they are on, they would lose benefits. They would also have to sign the papers at time of sale. If you sold a deed they were not on, it would not impact their benefits.

2- I will have to go back and reread this whole thing again but looking for a quick answer. I think I read that you could prepare one deed and list each contract (with the required information for each) on that one deed to add the name, is that correct? I will go back and look but if anyone has a quick answer it would be greatly appreciated.

For presenting to Disney (letting them know what you are doing) you need one piece of paper outlining all the contracts effected. For the county, you need a unique Warranty deed for every contract you are transferring. So about $20 per contract/deed.

3- Also when listing the names and address do you put only the address of the primary owner? How would Disney/DVC know the address of the added person if it's not listed on the deed?

Yes, just use one address. After you send Disney the new deed, they will send you a new owner information sheet. That is when you can supply them the unique addresses. Also after your daughters are in the system, they can call MS and update their addresses.

Thanks I appreciate your help
where did you get a new deed to send in to Comptrollers office? I have already sent in all paper work and the name change is recorded, I just don"t know where to find the new deed to send in to them

does any one have a sample FL deed form for adding a name(my daughter) to two Saratoga Springs contract ?

Posts 24 and 30 have examples. If you bought resale use your existing resale contract. If you bought direct you will want to use a form more consistent with a resale contract. The above posts have two examples. You can also go to the occ site and search recent recordings. You can find many examples. You put the current owners as they appear on your deed and the new owners just list the current exactly as they are plus the new owners. You will need to change the property description to as it appears on your current deed (property, unit and %). You just type it up yourself. Leave the space at the top for the stamp.

There are sites where you can print a deed or download a template. I hesitate to provide a link because I don't want to appear to endorse anything I don't have a great feel for. When I did ours I found a deed template in Word form and used that. Openoffice has 2 FL quit claim templates in it's database but neither appear to meet the required blank space required in the upper right corner. I did not go through the other deed templates to see if any seemed appropriate. The 2 things to be sure are the blank area upper right (? 2 by 2 in) and that it requires TWO witnesses in addition to the notary though the notary can be one if they sign again as the witness.

I just sent in my newly recorded deed and paperwork yesterday. Now's the tough part - let's hope I did everything right and DVC accepts it! 😂... I'll let you guys know what I did/learned after I hear back from them.

Does anyone have advice on a lawyer that could perform adding my kids? Looking over this I think my case is more complicated (please correct me if I am wrong). I have to remove my deceased wife and want to add my kids to not burden them with probate.

Thanks!!

Does anyone have advice on a lawyer that could perform adding my kids? Looking over this I think my case is more complicated (please correct me if I am wrong). I have to remove my deceased wife and want to add my kids to not burden them with probate.

Thanks!!
I'd talk to LTtransfers.com, their cost is around $200 out the door for FL under normal circumstances. I'm not sure if they can do it with removing the deceased spouse (my condolences) but I'd start there. The other questions are do you have to do probate in FL and posts here previously have suggested you do in some cases. My understanding of the probate requirement is that it depends on how it's titled. I'd start by talking to DVC about removing the deceased spouse from your account. I've seen reports of DVC being willing to do so by sending in a copy of the death certificate. Also ask them (member admin) if they'll have an issue changing the account if you just do a new deed with the changes and provide the death certificate. My guess is you'll need a new deed, death certificate and affidavit of survivorship and not be require probate if it's title joint with right of surviorship. If DVC says this is all you need and LT transfers will do the deed, you should be able to move forward fairly easily. I don't have a lawyer name in FL to specifically suggest. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!!
I'd talk to LTtransfers.com, their cost is around $200 out the door for FL under normal circumstances. I'm not sure if they can do it with removing the deceased spouse (my condolences) but I'd start there. The other questions are do you have to do probate in FL and posts here previously have suggested you do in some cases. My understanding of the probate requirement is that it depends on how it's titled. I'd start by talking to DVC about removing the deceased spouse from your account. I've seen reports of DVC being willing to do so by sending in a copy of the death certificate. Also ask them (member admin) if they'll have an issue changing the account if you just do a new deed with the changes and provide the death certificate. My guess is you'll need a new deed, death certificate and affidavit of survivorship and not be require probate if it's title joint with right of surviorship. If DVC says this is all you need and LT transfers will do the deed, you should be able to move forward fairly easily. I don't have a lawyer name in FL to specifically suggest. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

We had a similar situation, although it wasn't a DVC timeshare, it was a deeded TS in Hawaii. My dad wanted to remove my late mother's name from the title and add my sister and myself. LT Transfers handled it quickly and easily - I can't remember the cost because my sister was the contact for LT Transfers and my dad paid all the bills, but it was quite reasonable. So I too would recommend contacting LT Transfers.

I forgot I did contact LT Transfers about a year ago. I need to get an updated quote with all of the contracts it will be a couple grand. Still, I feel it's not possible to do it myself.

I forgot I did contact LT Transfers about a year ago. I need to get an updated quote with all of the contracts it will be a couple grand. Still, I feel it's not possible to do it myself.
Why don't you get the info from DVC about the requirements and process. Then see what it would be for LT transfers but $2K is like 11 contracts. I know for certain they won't bundle (might bundle mailing) but a full service firm might though it'd likely be as much total in the end but it might be a fair amount less. A couple of other options would be to get them to do 1 so you can see the process then you might consider doing the rest. Another would be to do 1 only (or part of them) so they get he perks and not do the rest now. IF you do them all together they should end up under one master contract if they are the same UY and end up titled the same. If they're all WDW then I'd suggest figuring out how to do it at this rate, if they're different locations I'd likely take a different approach and let LT transfers to part or all. If you think you might sell any contracts in the new few years, I wouldn't change those. Good luck.

Hello, can anyone whom has recently done this confirm that Disney doesn't require you to record the ROFR? I'm adding my wife to my two contracts and they only sent me one letter today saying they waive their ROFR. I called into member admin, but she wasn't sure.

Hello, can anyone whom has recently done this confirm that Disney doesn't require you to record the ROFR? I'm adding my wife to my two contracts and they only sent me one letter today saying they waive their ROFR. I called into member admin, but she wasn't sure.
That's all you need. When they send the waiver it includes the other form you send back with the new recorded deed.

We have 3 contracts. We are considering adding my adult daughter to one of the contracts. If we do so, are we OK only adding her to one of the three? Also, as this was purchased resale in 2011, would adding her in any way change the effective date such that it would "reset' and therefore lose the incidental benefits of the resale contract? Lastly, since that contract would effectively have different owners from the other 2 we own, would we need a separate DVC account online to handle that contract?

We have 3 contracts. We are considering adding my adult daughter to one of the contracts. If we do so, are we OK only adding her to one of the three? Also, as this was purchased resale in 2011, would adding her in any way change the effective date such that it would "reset' and therefore lose the incidental benefits of the resale contract? Lastly, since that contract would effectively have different owners from the other 2 we own, would we need a separate DVC account online to handle that contract?
From my understanding, if they are all under the same member ID then all the contracts need to have same listed owners to remain under that member ID.

From my understanding, if they are all under the same member ID then all the contracts need to have same listed owners to remain under that member ID.
We have 2 IDs (as one contract is BLT and the other 2 are BWV). We are considering adding my daughter to the BLT contract. Currently both IDs are on one online account. I assume that may have to change with there being different owner of the different IDs. My bigger concern is whether doing so could cause us to lose the grandfathering of the resale contracts purchased prior to 2012.

You should not lose the grandfathering. You will get a new member number, but you should still see all your accounts with a single login on the dvc web page

We have 2 IDs (as one contract is BLT and the other 2 are BWV). We are considering adding my daughter to the BLT contract. Currently both IDs are on one online account. I assume that may have to change with there being different owner of the different IDs. My bigger concern is whether doing so could cause us to lose the grandfathering of the resale contracts purchased prior to 2012.
If they are under one master contract you'll still lose out by changing part of the contracts, if they are already under a different master, it won't matter in this regard. For example, if they are different UY, they will be under different master accounts.

If they are under one master contract you'll still lose out by changing part of the contracts, if they are already under a different master, it won't matter in this regard. For example, if they are different UY, they will be under different master accounts.
Different use years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter