Still able to opt out of mousekeeping?

aimeekaye26

Earning My Ears
We're going in September, and we're trying to crunch the numbers (we got the 35% discount because they canceled our free dining) and I was wondering if they are still offering the gift cards for opting out of mousekeeping? It seems small but it really will be the tipping point on whether we stay on site or not.

Nope, they're currently not offering the gift cards for declining mousekeeping. You can either choose to get mousekeeping every other day, or not at all.

Nope, they're currently not offering the gift cards for declining mousekeeping. You can either choose to get mousekeeping every other day, or not at all.
Thank you for answering! I decided to do a 'check in' for my room and got my answer. Bummer.

Now I'll have to decide. I wish there was *some* incentive for staying on site because I love to, but even with 35% off the incentive just isn't there. No EMH, no opting out, no dining plan. I mean... there's the skyliner I *guess* but without park hopping even that is meh.

Thank you for answering! I decided to do a 'check in' for my room and got my answer. Bummer.

Now I'll have to decide. I wish there was *some* incentive for staying on site because I love to, but even with 35% off the incentive just isn't there. No EMH, no opting out, no dining plan. I mean... there's the skyliner I *guess* but without park hopping even that is meh.
Of course!! :-)

There's actually a thread discussing current benefits to staying onsite right now: https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...or-the-days-were-going.3807488/#post-62150185

Basically, the convenience and ease of transportation, theming, and safety measures are what had been discussed.

I bet the gift card option is gone for good. I also bet the every other day housekeeping will be permanent now. Paying more and getting less will be in overdrive in the coming months and years in order to make up for the COVID. If I didn't have like close to three grand in DGCards, I would stay offsite as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter