Still no 50th announcement?

JustinS30

Mouseketeer
With the D23 having come and gone, I had fully expected an announcement in regards to the 50th anniversary at WDW, as far as official dates for celebration. I am not finding anything in my search. Am I blind or did they not say anything yet?

That depends on when the celebration begins. We've heard rumors that the plan is for the celebration to begin in January 2021. Either January or October 2021, it doesn't matter. August 2021 is too late to start announcing things about the celebration. They'll make those announcements some other way, but at the right time.

That depends on when the celebration begins. We've heard rumors that the plan is for the celebration to begin in January 2021. Either January or October 2021, it doesn't matter. August 2021 is too late to start announcing things about the celebration. They'll make those announcements some other way, but at the right time.

I’d have to agree with you here and that’s why I was curious. Even if they were going to wait until October 1, 2021 to start the celebration they wouldn’t wait until 1 month before essentially. I also feel like they’ll start the celebration early, whether it be Jan 1 or summer time, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Just reading this and I have to say, my family and I were at the 25th anniversary and I have the anniversary glass mug. Aww, memories.:D

Just reading this and I have to say, my family and I were at the 25th anniversary and I have the anniversary glass mug. Aww, memories.:D

The 25th was unfortunately prior to my first trip and I was I believe 8 at the time, prior to catching the fever haha. Definitely need to take in the 50th though

I expect it will be announced at Destination D at WDW which happens in the fall of non expo years

Ahh I was not aware of this. That actually makes a lot of sense. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!