Stop with all the Acronyms.... just stop ....

Great post OP, unfortunately, many people just don't get irony and sarcasm as humor anymore.
This is a bigger problem than communicating with abbreviations or acronyms online, IMO. People interpreted the OP differently based on whether they thought he was being serious or sarcastic. His second post would indicate that he was, in fact, being serious about his complaint.

For gods sake some people are offended by my post..! Wow you do understand lots and lots of people read boards and never post you know first time visitors researching disney world for a upcoming trip and they come across mvmcp rd emm emh sm hm mvshp I have been to Disney World hundreds of times and I can't figure out some people ramblings.. Lol and OMG etc etc are damn near words today but first time visitors have no clue what mvmcp fp hm are. So this makes the board very unhelpful for them. So make the board helpful for everyone to read or just disney board veterans who love hm tt sm mvmcp ap bw lol..
We were all new once and a bunch of us found it very helpful. We used the thread specifically for abbreviations. Reality is that most forums use abbreviations specific to that forum's topic. Coming on here and demanding we stop won't change anything and will immediately get you a bad reputation on the forum you just joined.
If you don't like them don't use them. If it makes you unhappy reading them it may be best to move on.

I think an important thing to take from the original post is that if you have an issue with how other people are communicating, that's your issue and not theirs. I hope the OP was being sarcastic, but there are others who are not when they make complaints like that. If you don't like people using abbreviations, you can do one of three things about it. 1.) Not use them yourself, and hope it catches on, 2.) Ignore the posts that do use them, or 3.) Stop visiting the blog all together.
Telling others how they should behave, especially in an anonymous forum, is really not going to get you the results you are looking for.

Exactly. I have never understood why some folks insist that their way is the only way. If you don't like the abbreviations, do not use them. It is not nevcessary to tell people that they need to follow suit.

For gods sake some people are offended by my post..! Wow you do understand lots and lots of people read boards and never post you know first time visitors researching disney world for a upcoming trip and they come across mvmcp rd emm emh sm hm mvshp I have been to Disney World hundreds of times and I can't figure out some people ramblings.. Lol and OMG etc etc are damn near words today but first time visitors have no clue what mvmcp fp hm are. So this makes the board very unhelpful for them. So make the board helpful for everyone to read or just disney board veterans who love hm tt sm mvmcp ap bw lol..

I was not offended. I simply do nto agree with you. I was new here once as well, and I figured the abbreviations out. I actually like them. If someone is confused and they ask what something means, I always see several posters step in and reply, and have never seen anyone get snippy or suggest the poster google it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!