"STORMIN THE BEACH" BCV Owners- and GROUPIES WELCOME HOME !!

Hi there! Do the newly renovated 2 bedroom villas now have 2 queens in the second bedroom in all of the 2 bedroom villas, or is that still a request that has to be made? Also, do the 2 bedroom villas have washer/dryer in each villa?

Yes, all *dedicated* 2BR all have the 2 queens. All 1BR and 2BR have the washer/dryer.

Hi there! Do the newly renovated 2 bedroom villas now have 2 queens in the second bedroom in all of the 2 bedroom villas, or is that still a request that has to be made? Also, do the 2 bedroom villas have washer/dryer in each villa?

Yes, all the dedicated 2BR's now have 2 queens in the second bedroom. It was a booking category before.

And yes, all DVC villas other than studios and hotel rooms have washers and dryers.

We just left the beach club a few weeks ago and wanted to describe the 1 BR updates we saw, which I thought were positive. The last time we visited was 2 years ago. This is what I saw
(1) Stainless steel appliances in the kitchen
(2) Replacing the carpets on the floor and in kitchen with a pre-fab wood floor. I am sure they will be easier to clean.
(3) Replacing the spa fiberglass tub with a deep cast iron soaking tub - somewhat like a foot claw tub. My college daughter loved that one.
(4) New better quality pull-out sleeper sofa - much better to sleep on
(5) Better kitchen equipment including revereware frying pan.
(6) New big flat panel TVs in both rooms mounted on the walls of the main room and bed room (Although I haven't figured out why the cable tv channels were different on the 2 TVs)
(7) New furniture including a dresser/hutch on wall opposite of the couch - no more coffee table. Someplace to put my clothes was nice.
(8) Kitchen cushions at the table - new fabric
(9) Removing the window between the tub bathroom area from the bedroom. I don't think every room had these.

I don't know when these were updated or if they have been doing them over time, but I was pleased to see the improvements.

No worries:)
It is not as large and daunting as it seems. You will love it!
I made my requests on the online check in page. I requested higher floor, pool view. I was on the 4th floor with a beautiful view of the canal/villas pool.
There is laundry in the Villas building. The door is locked and will open with you magic band. There is no cost to use the machines but detergent is available for $ in a vending machine.
The closest place to fill mugs and get snacks is in the Marketplace in the main building but it is a very short walk from the Villas building.
Do you by chance remember your room #?

Last edited:
We are staying at BCV for the very first time in August, deluxe studio! Only for one night following a cruise on the Dream, but I'm very much looking forward to it. We were very lucky on our last trip and a CM friend hooked us up with a couple of wristbands to get into SAB (...dunno if I should be mentioning that...) and loved it, the pool and the vicinity to Epcot and DHS were the biggest factors to book there. Very excited :)

Mornin everyone,
Our annual BCV trip next month is close at hand and given all the snow and cold up here we can hardly wait! Each year our only check in request at BCV is to overlook the quiet pool and as far as I remember this is not an option to request on the online check in (typically we ask at the front desk). My question is this- is it a problem to do online check in for the other options (ie balcony etc..which are less of a priority to us but I suppose worth requesting) or should I steer clear of any online check before our trip. I ask because I seem to recall a thread a couple of years ago with strong arguments for and against online check in.
Thanks for any insight
Martin

Mornin everyone,
Our annual BCV trip next month is close at hand and given all the snow and cold up here we can hardly wait! Each year our only check in request at BCV is to overlook the quiet pool and as far as I remember this is not an option to request on the online check in (typically we ask at the front desk). My question is this- is it a problem to do online check in for the other options (ie balcony etc..which are less of a priority to us but I suppose worth requesting) or should I steer clear of any online check before our trip. I ask because I seem to recall a thread a couple of years ago with strong arguments for and against online check in.
Thanks for any insight
Martin
Mornin everyone,
Thanks for any insight
Martin

I've had good luck submitting room requests via e-mail with MS and ignoring the online check-in.

I'm new to DVC and just passed BCV ROFR last Friday. I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I've read many posts discussing the potential investment value of DVC - and there are many opinions about it. But specific to BCV, has anyone had luck renting a BCV villa in a very high demand time (F&W, Marathon). As I see it, one of the advantages of BCV is the ability to book during these busy times. And if my family doesn't mind vacationing in a slower period, could we make a good amount of $ by doing this? What would the going rate be for points during these busy periods? And would you recommend renting out points or just reserving a room for a few days during this time and then trying to rent the entire reservation? Thanks!

I'm new to DVC and just passed BCV ROFR last Friday. I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I've read many posts discussing the potential investment value of DVC - and there are many opinions about it. But specific to BCV, has anyone had luck renting a BCV villa in a very high demand time (F&W, Marathon). As I see it, one of the advantages of BCV is the ability to book during these busy times. And if my family doesn't mind vacationing in a slower period, could we make a good amount of $ by doing this? What would the going rate be for points during these busy periods? And would you recommend renting out points or just reserving a room for a few days during this time and then trying to rent the entire reservation? Thanks!

I own @ BCV and have rented out points a handful of time using David's service. He pays $13 pp. Very easy and points go quickly esp. during F&W. It is my understanding from David's that renting a booked reservation thru them is more difficult than just listing the points.

Thanks. So there is no way to get a higher premium with high-demand travel dates? Seems like it should be based on supply and demand but I guess not.

Do all the 1 bedroom villas have full balconies? Do any have views of Epcot? Will be going in sept and will be making room requests.

Hi everyone! Are there any 2BR lockoffs with either a long balcony OR a divided long balcony instead of 2 separate smaller ones?

Love this thread! We're booked for CSR in December but I'm seriously considering cancelling and renting points to stay at BCV. This is my dream resort.

Love this thread! We're booked for CSR in December but I'm seriously considering cancelling and renting points to stay at BCV. This is my dream resort.

December is mostly booked. You need to be at least 7 months out to get what you want at BCV. I hope you get your wish though....you never know!

Hello :) We're not DVC owners but rent DVC all of the time. We had a few days at the Dolphin before an upcoming Poly stay. Just managed to find an owner with an existing reservation to sell at BCV. So here we are! We've stayed over at BWV & S&D a couple times each. We really love the Epcot Area resorts so far, I'm sure BCV will be no different.

Trip is end of October. We've got a studio. Thinking about room requests...I know it's just that, a request not a guarantee. I'm not familiar with BCV and the touringplans room locator isn't exactly helping me pinpoint anything. Our main desire would be, to be close to Epcot. I'm not sure what you would call the end of the building that's closest to the path around Crescent lake. SAB looks pretty far from the villas side, so not sure any certain room would get me "close to pool" or anything like that. Looking for some general advice. Seems like all rooms have balconies. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Any suggestions?

There are no particularly advantageous views. I usually just say "high floor", and even then it's 50/50. You'll probably use the main entrance to get to Epcot regardless of where your room is. (it's not far either way.) Ask for a larger balcony and enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!