Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

We normally wouldn't split up our group (family!) for a dinner, but we couldn't get a table for 5 and we really want to try this so we booked 2 smaller tables. Hope to pick up a cancellation or that they can accommodate us when we show up, but if not, still looking forward to it!

I had to book 1 tables as well. I hope to be seated together, but wil accept two tables if need be.

This is the ADR I’m most looking forward to on my trip! Trying it solo opening day! Was hoping to find someone on the solo board that wanted to come along, but no luck. That’s ok though meeting the dwarves and evil queen are totally worth it. They really need to do more villian greets. Last time I went, Jafar was by FAR the best character interaction with my slightly shy foster daughters and we saw a lot of characters. I’m hoping the evil queen is just as good!
When does it open? Jafar was amazing at mnsshp with me. Villians are always great.

Ugh totally wish we could've tried this on our trip! The pictures look really cool. Has anybody ever heard of these new restaurants doing a soft opening a few days prior to the actual opening? Or am I dreaming? LOL

We normally wouldn't split up our group (family!) for a dinner, but we couldn't get a table for 5 and we really want to try this so we booked 2 smaller tables. Hope to pick up a cancellation or that they can accommodate us when we show up, but if not, still looking forward to it!
did you try booking a table for 6 instead of 5. sometimes you can get an even number when you cant an odd. you would not be charged for one less

We have an ADR for this for the first week of January (hoping any opening kinks will be worked out by then and we'll have seen some pictures/reviews for the entree options!) for my 6-year old and I. I'm wondering how they'll do the shared appetizers and dessert for one adult and one child, if we get a small portion of each thing or I get to pick just one of the options? If anyone has been anywhere with a similar option, I'd be interested to know what your options were. The way I'm reading it, the kids don't get their own appetizer/dessert, right? They just share the options for the table?

did you try booking a table for 6 instead of 5. sometimes you can get an even number when you cant an odd. you would not be charged for one less
I’m off topic, but it’s also really easy to modify a reservation (unless it’s one like CRT that requires pre-payment). You just go in and select “modify” (or maybe it’s “change”) and change the number of guests. The original time will show up as a selection when you do that. About half the time I’m trying to find a last-minute or hard-to-get reservation, I’ll take one for any size party available and modify down to my party of two.

Edit: I’ve never tried modifying a reservation for a smaller party to a larger one, so I’m not sure if it only works modifying a larger size to a smaller one.

Actually, I have not. I should have thought of that! I have a 4 and a 2 right now.

I keep trying to use the modify feature and also have a reservation finder set up and search on my own as well. I guess I'll add that to the list!

The only thing I've got going for me is both ADRs are for very close to 4:00 (opening). So, we will be showing up early to a near empty restaurant. I'm reaaaallly hoping that means they will be able to seat us side by side pretty easily. My kids are older. So, it's not the end of the world, but it's our last meal of the trip so it'd be nice to be together.

Thanks!

We'll be there Dec 29 with a 6 and 9yo! Cannot wait to try it and visit WL for the first time. Do you guys think parking will be allowed at WL if we drive from POFQ (it's our arrival day and not planning any park time)?

We have an ADR for this for the first week of January (hoping any opening kinks will be worked out by then and we'll have seen some pictures/reviews for the entree options!) for my 6-year old and I. I'm wondering how they'll do the shared appetizers and dessert for one adult and one child, if we get a small portion of each thing or I get to pick just one of the options? If anyone has been anywhere with a similar option, I'd be interested to know what your options were. The way I'm reading it, the kids don't get their own appetizer/dessert, right? They just share the options for the table?
I read on another thread where someone thought BoG desserts were shared and not sure if they say that on the website but everyone gets their own little plate of a sampler. I would kind of expect them to do it this way here too. Also I would not be shy about asking for more of something I preferred out of a sampler.

When I took my child to LTT and he ordered AYCTE lunch and I had something a la carte they just brought a full standard serving of the AYCTE. If apps and desserts are the same for adults vs. kids I would expect the same - bring a plate for everyone. I think the only difference will be in entrees.

How many in your group? Disney is funny with odd numbers. Have you just tried for 6? or 8?
They don't care if you come with less

We'll be there Dec 29 with a 6 and 9yo! Cannot wait to try it and visit WL for the first time. Do you guys think parking will be allowed at WL if we drive from POFQ (it's our arrival day and not planning any park time)?
I'm sure it will be for those with reservations. Resorts always allow people to park at resorts when they have ADR

I looked and looked for this thread when the menu came out a few weeks ago and couldn't find it. I was surprised no one was talking about the menu. I know I'm one of the few happy to see AP go (we really disliked it)
Snow White is my #1 princess so of course, I had to book this. Actually, we have it down twice. Just in case I love it as much as I think I will. Once on arrival day and once on departure day. If we aren't in love with it, we'll cancel the 2nd one. We'll be there on the 29th.

I looked and looked for this thread when the menu came out a few weeks ago and couldn't find it. I was surprised no one was talking about the menu. I know I'm one of the few happy to see AP go (we really disliked it)
Snow White is my #1 princess so of course, I had to book this. Actually, we have it down twice. Just in case I love it as much as I think I will. Once on arrival day and once on departure day. If we aren't in love with it, we'll cancel the 2nd one. We'll be there on the 29th.
we're going on January 19th, can't wait for reviews to start rolling out

Actually, I have not. I should have thought of that! I have a 4 and a 2 right now.

I keep trying to use the modify feature and also have a reservation finder set up and search on my own as well. I guess I'll add that to the list!

The only thing I've got going for me is both ADRs are for very close to 4:00 (opening). So, we will be showing up early to a near empty restaurant. I'm reaaaallly hoping that means they will be able to seat us side by side pretty easily. My kids are older. So, it's not the end of the world, but it's our last meal of the trip so it'd be nice to be together.

Thanks!

Ask to be seated together. If it is at all possible, they will do this for you.

So with the dining plans now including alcohol, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that this character meal alcohol would NOT be included? Has anyone heard??

So with the dining plans now including alcohol, I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that this character meal alcohol would NOT be included? Has anyone heard??

I would probably have an issue with that. If alcohol is served at a venue, and I am using a credit that was sold to me indicating that one alcoholic beverage is included if available, I am going to have my glass of wine. If there is no alcohol offered at this meal, I am fine with that, but if I am sold a bill of goods, I wnat what I was sold.

Where did you read that? I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter