Storytellers Character Brunch

Bronxgirl

Mouseketeer
Who has done the character brunch at Storyteller's recently? How did you like it? Was the food good? Which characters did you meet? Was it worth it? I plan on going in February on the last day of my trip. (non-park day)

We've gone twice before when the characters were Kona, Meeko, Chip & Dale, etc and my kids loved it. We haven't been since they've changed the crew. The food was good enough for buffet and I liked that it was in GCH, close to our room and Downtown Disney. We've always done this breakfast on a non park day which extends the feeling of being at the parks. I would do it again.

There was a thread a while back with some mixed reviews (I think perhaps they were around level of service and character interaction?)

I'm also interested in updated reviews of Storyteller's. We've also got a reservation at Storyteller's for our final, non-park day (before getting on a plane) but I might change to PCH Grill if we're not excited about Storyteller's.

Gone downhill since the change. Rushed interation, crowded. They squeezed everyone in one half of the restaurant when I went. Still price went up a lot.

Still not sure though if this or PCH Grill was worse. The latter has a mandatory gratituity now. Plus I had the first seating and with 5 tables taken they set me alone in an area where both server and characters overlooked me. Daisy only came over after Minnie basically pushed her. The only thing that was fast was the bill - it was on the table when I returned from the buffet first time.

I would like to know also. I made reservation for my trip ending in Jan. Please anyone know whats on the menu during brunch?

Went for brunch (well, lunch - had a 12.45pm-ish reservation) a couple of weeks ago. Was half on the fence about whether or not to go from the reviews on the other thread, but what swung it was seeing the long queues to meet the characters in DL and deciding it would be easier to do a character meal instead.

I really enjoyed it and it was one of the best character interactions I've had (only character meal I've been to in DL, but also been to Crystal Palace, CRT, Garden Grill in WDW and the one inside the castle at Shanghai DL). Very happy that we went!

Characters - Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto. At that time the restaurant was maybe just under half full, so the characters had plenty of time to go around and spend time playing with people. We must have seen each character maybe 3-4 times, and towards the end there was a CM going around tables to make sure that all the characters had visited (as I think it was the end of the brunch session and characters were going off). The characters were pretty great - we (3 adults) got tons of interaction with Chip, Dale, and Pluto, and they were going around having fun playing with people in the restaurant. Mickey and Minnie were less interactive but would still wave as they wandered past.

Food - decent. Was breakfast food essentially. Off the top of my head there were different cereals if you wanted, a few different types of pastries, an omelette station where they would make an omelette with fillings to order, ham and cheese selection, Mickey waffles with whipped cream and jam (compote?), some potato dish, bacon, a pork carving station, quiche, bread and butter pudding, yoghurt/granola, maybe 3 types of salad, fruits like watermelon, grapes, melon, an assortment of different types of desserts (cheesecake, I think panna cotta or similar, and a couple of others). Definitely a few more items that I can't remember.

I think one factor that contributed a lot to having a great experience this meal was that the restaurant wasn't anywhere close to full, so characters weren't rushed, and servers were happy to just let people take as long as they like over the buffet. I think having a late-ish reservation helped a lot with this. And this worked out really well with park touring as well (early morning park touring, then lunch at Storytellers).

We went last December before the change. We had like a 11:45 am reservation. We saw dale, chip, pluto, the bears. the place was not that busy. Chip came and sat with me while i waited for my family to get their food it was very cute. They danced with the girls and did their little song around the restaurant kind of like they do at Goofys. For food from what i remember they had breakfast items like, waffles,bacon, pastry, cereal, they had fruit, pozole, chicken. The food i thought was good. We all loved it and are doing it again in about a week!!

We are using the character vouchers to pay for it so it comes out to $36/pp instead of like $46/pp which for that price i rather go to Goofys.

I do think that Character dining is something you have to try out for yourself. Each restaurant has their good and bad reviews. We all like different things and expect different things from these dinners. And our kids all like different characters.
If I were choosing one restaurant outside the parks for breakfast it would be goofys just because it has much more characters and DD loves it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter