Stowaways onboard the 2016 EBPC - TR update 11/4, p.24

That sounds like a lovely idea. What a shame that they did not make a better job of this.

Usually they're much better with events, it was odd to say the least.

That is just silly. Were they trying yo tell you that they were not going to refund you unless they found the correct person. I would not have been happy at all about this.

That's what it felt like. If they hadn't removed it when I checked again I would have been very unpleased.

I love the character photos.

Corinna

The characters were extra fun on this trip. I can't wait to see them in their special Alaska outfits.

Well, after trying to save money on Juneu day mom started looking at possibilities. I was leaning towards cheaper things like going up the tram or going to the Mendenhall Glacier. We have ended with a whale watching tour. It was always something I really wanted to do but was put on the back burner because of the glacier plane ride. I booked one on my own, not through DCL, and saved quite a bit. They'll pick us up right at the ship and bring us back. Total time is 4 hours 15 minutes which includes travel time, and 3 hours on the water. The boat holds no more than 14 people so it should be up close and personal. Very excited!

Mom flies down in 13 days :cool1: and in 14 we start the fun with Karin and Tom party:

Well, after trying to save money on Juneu day mom started looking at possibilities. I was leaning towards cheaper things like going up the tram or going to the Mendenhall Glacier. We have ended with a whale watching tour. It was always something I really wanted to do but was put on the back burner because of the glacier plane ride. I booked one on my own, not through DCL, and saved quite a bit. They'll pick us up right at the ship and bring us back. Total time is 4 hours 15 minutes which includes travel time, and 3 hours on the water. The boat holds no more than 14 people so it should be up close and personal. Very excited!

Mom flies down in 13 days :cool1: and in 14 we start the fun with Karin and Tom party:

I am glad this worked out for you. This does sound amazing.

Corinna

Thank you :) I really need to go back and read your Alaska TR again but am I remembering you booked a whale tour on your own when you went?

This was not actually the Alaska cruise, but the repositioning cruise that we did back to back with the Alaska cruise. We did the whale watching in Victoria.

Corinna

This was not actually the Alaska cruise, but the repositioning cruise that we did back to back with the Alaska cruise. We did the whale watching in Victoria.

Corinna

Ahhhh!

I'm not sure if we'll do anything in Victoria. A coworker is Canadian and suggests we just get off the ship and walk around, maybe have lunch. We haven't decided.

Ahhhh!

I'm not sure if we'll do anything in Victoria. A coworker is Canadian and suggests we just get off the ship and walk around, maybe have lunch. We haven't decided.

I think this is a great idea. They ran a shuttle between the port and the Empress Hotel when we were there. The Empress Hotel is definitely worth a look as is the Inner Harbour. There are some interesting statues and some pretty buildings in that area. Victoria has some nice totem poles with the tallest one being at Beacon Hill Park. Beacon Hill Park is stunning. We walked through there on the way back to the ship and I would definitely recommend that you make time to see this.

Corinna

I think this is a great idea. They ran a shuttle between the port and the Empress Hotel when we were there. The Empress Hotel is definitely worth a look as is the Inner Harbour. There are some interesting statues and some pretty buildings in that area. Victoria has some nice totem poles with the tallest one being at Beacon Hill Park. Beacon Hill Park is stunning. We walked through there on the way back to the ship and I would definitely recommend that you make time to see this.

Corinna

Thank you for this. It looks beautiful and not too far from the port.

I would second the Empress hotel. I had the priveledge of staying there when my work sent me years ago. It's beautiful and there are a few things to do right there aound the hotel as well. I believe that there is a park right next door.

I would second the Empress hotel. I had the priveledge of staying there when my work sent me years ago. It's beautiful and there are a few things to do right there aound the hotel as well. I believe that there is a park right next door.

Thank you for this. How lovely to have stayed there!

Hi everybody :wave2:

I am back from a most magnificent vacation and started the new job this week.

It was a bit stressful with hurricane Irma going through Florida but the boys were safe at the kennel and I was very lucky with my neighbors tree narrowly missing my house.

I hope everyone is well and I am going to start catching up on TRs.

Hey! Welcome back!
Hope your "back to work" was not too stressful! :hug:

No need to hurry with my TR, as I am still trying and working on replacing the photos (thank you very much, Photobucket! :scared: :mad:) but I am hoping to get through with it within the next week (or this weekend).

Hope you are doing another TR on your Alaskan adventure - we cannot wait to read about it and see pix.
And THANK YOU and JJ that you made our vacation extra special - we had a blast. Was looking through some of the pix and remembered the fun times - can't wait for next summer. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hey! Welcome back!
Hope your "back to work" was not too stressful! :hug:

Thank you! :)

Work seems to be a good place. A great team and welcoming. So far so good.

No need to hurry with my TR, as I am still trying and working on replacing the photos (thank you very much, Photobucket! :scared: :mad:) but I am hoping to get through with it within the next week (or this weekend).

Stupid photobucket :mad:

Hope you are doing another TR on your Alaskan adventure - we cannot wait to read about it and see pix.

I have no clue what program to use for photos so as of now TRs are on hold for me. But it was such an awesome vacation, totally different than any other.

And THANK YOU and JJ that you made our vacation extra special - we had a blast. Was looking through some of the pix and remembered the fun times -

We feel the same way! Thank you so much for sharing your vacation with us :)

can't wait for next summer. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm ready!!! party: party: party:

I have no clue what program to use for photos so as of now TRs are on hold for me. But it was such an awesome vacation, totally different than any other.

I now use smugmug and am pretty happy with them. They are more expensive than photobucket, but by FAR not what photobucket wants. They also give you a two week trial period, that's what won me over once I had figured out how to work it. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter