Straight to video releases

Bill007

Mouseketeer
Does anyone else have a difficult time accepting many of the straight to video releases as actual continuations of the theatrical movies that preceded them? I'm having a hard time doing so since for the most part the ones I've seen are not very good. I'm talking things like Lady and the Tramp 2, Cinderella 2, etc. They seem more like cheesy rip-offs of the originals and do not do them justice.

Those movies sure dont't have a great reputation, though some are better than others. I have a mild fascination with them, and I uauslly find that I can enjoy them , though not on the level of the originals. Mostly, the stories are fine, but the execution is lacking, mostly due to budget. When given the money, the studio that made most of them could do great things like A Goofy Movie.

I own a few but they are the ones that were included with the original movie (Emperor's New Groove includes the sequel on the bluray.) I've never watched any of them except the Aladdin 2 & Aladdin 3 movies. For me these sequels are simply a form of merchandise promoting the characters. I don't even care for the live action remakes of the animated classics.

I own a few but they are the ones that were included with the original movie (Emperor's New Groove includes the sequel on the bluray.) I've never watched any of them except the Aladdin 2 & Aladdin 3 movies. For me these sequels are simply a form of merchandise promoting the characters. I don't even care for the live action remakes of the animated classics.
Kronk's New Groove was actually pretty good.

Kronk's New Groove was actually pretty good.
Funny you would mention it, I like TENG but never watched the sequel. Somehow my granddaughter decided to watch Kronk and she seems to prefer it to the original.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts