Strange email

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I got a very strange email from Disney yesterday. We are due in the World on the 16th, which is 2 days from now. Apparently something in their data made them think that we had already been there, because I got this:

"Don't forget to check out all the amazing photos you had taken during your magical Walt Disney World® vacation. They'll start to expire* on 12/18/2019."

Was just wondering if anyone ever got one of these before on the wrong date?🤔

I got a very strange email from Disney yesterday. We are due in the World on the 16th, which is 2 days from now. Apparently something in their data made them think that we had already been there, because I got this:

"Don't forget to check out all the amazing photos you had taken during your magical Walt Disney World® vacation. They'll start to expire* on 12/18/2019."

We've gotten that email before a trip and have even had other people's photos in our photopass account after a trip.

That is a form letter/email you should get AFTER your trip is over !!!! The Disney photos do expire after a certain amount of time, so good to download them while still available. We got a similar email once our vacation had ended and a few of the pictures weren't even of us. I imagine sometimes things get jumbled and much of that is handled electronically with little/no human interaction.

I got the same email, and we arrive the 23rd as well! I assumed it was an email about our previous trip in October (which I wondered might be an error because we are APs and should keep our photos for a year) so I went through and download the photos I wanted to save.

This is from a past trip. They've been holding photos for you (I forget the timeframe...like 2 years) & now they won't be holding those anymore & they're warning you of the data scrub.

Can you confirm if you've been previously?

This is from a past trip. They've been holding photos for you (I forget the timeframe...like 2 years) & now they won't be holding those anymore & they're warning you of the data scrub.

Yes in August. But those pix are expired already, and when I log in there's no pictures in my gallery.

We get that all the time. Do you have an AP? Did you take a trip last year?

Yes in August. But those pix are expired already, and when I log in there's no pictures in my gallery.

This is part that seems odd to me (not the email) I still have pics from July 2018 in my account. I'd be asking why yours are disappearing after only a few months.

We get that all the time. Do you have an AP? Did you take a trip last year?
I took a trip there in April 2018, August 2018, Nov 2018, April 2019, Aug 2019 and will be there, as I said, in 2 days. No I dont have an AP, so the photos would have expired after 45 days.

I have an AP, and I get those emails when the year + 30 days is almost up on a given set of photos. So I’m pretty sure they keep photos that long, even though you can’t see them in your account. Your photos taken in November 2018 would be getting ready to expire in December of this year. Too bad you can’t still see them so you could make sure you downloaded all you wanted!

Thanks all. In each instance, I made sure I got all those I wanted well before the 45 day deadline. In most cases I got memory maker so I was sure to get them all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts