Stroller Advice

CalSea12

Desperately needs a dose of the magic!
I am bringing my DD who will be 5.5 years at the time to WDW in July. I am contemplating how I should handle a stroller for her. My 7-year-old doesn't use one at all, but I am not sure if my 5.5-year-old will need one especially in July.

We will have 8 to 9 park days in total. I plan on being at the park for rope drop (if not having a PPO breakfast if hours allow), then heading back to the hotel around 1 for pool and rest, then around 5 heading back out for dinner and parks until close. We have the DxDP so she will have plenty of sit down time.

My thoughts are:

1. Do not rent/bring a stroller and just see how it goes, if she really needs one rent one from Disney.
2. Buy one of those really small umbrella strollers and toss after the vacation.
3. Rent a single Citi Mini from a company and have it delivered to our resort.

Which would you do and why?

I would probably rent one from Disney because you may not need it every day. But it really depends on your 5 year old. I suspect mine won’t need it much.

If not that, I’d try to rent one or get one second hand. Buying one new just for a trip seems like a waste.

isn’t there a stroller swap here for folks looking to pass on strollers at Disney that they’re only using for the trip? Might be worth looking into.

The best Disney related advice I ever got from someone was to rent a stroller from a rental company for our DD6. It was great, especially at park close when she was tired and we were tired and didn't want to carry her (we aren't all day park people either). I don't think you will regret renting.

For our trip this past fall our kids were 5.5 and 9. We rented a single from Kingdom Strollers and did not regret it. I know people have feelings about a 9 year old in a stroller, but it worked for us. The kids took turns and sometimes it held just the backpack. But I feel like it allowed us to move faster because usually someone sat in it and we only had one kid to keep track of in the crowd. Especially the 5.5 year old who still wanders sometimes. If we didn’t rent I would plan on buying a cheap umbrella stroller there and leaving it behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts