Stroller rules to be enforced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they have 3 stroller fans, 2 days of snacks, 4 water bottles, and a pile of stickers and coloring books to keep the kid entertained. :duck:

Well the Galaxys Edge line is going to be long, you'll need all that space! Maybe rent it out to other people in line, it could be like snoopy's doghouse, small on the outside and expansive on the inside!

I haven’t read through this thread as a whole so forgive me if this has come up: how exactly do you enforce this? Does a front line CM have a tape measure to check for compliance?

I don’t think this is a bad idea, the enforcement just sounds like a headache

They can have a little taped off area that you have to fit your stroller into or it’s out. Like what they do at airlines for carryon bags. That’s objective at least. If they do that they would need to screen the strollers for the MK at TTC.

They can have a little taped off area that you have to fit your stroller into or it’s out. Like what they do at airlines for carryon bags. That’s objective at least. If they do that they would need to screen the strollers for the MK at TTC.

That would work if you came by car. If you came through resort transportation, would there be a measuring box before you got on the bus/boat/monorail?

That would work if you came by car. If you came through resort transportation, would there be a measuring box before you got on the bus/boat/monorail?
i think that's an easy fix....there can be a simple box on the ground at all docks, monorail stations, and buses. They can easily be made to fit in with the theme.

i think that's an easy fix....there can be a simple box on the ground at all docks, monorail stations, and buses. They can easily be made to fit in with the theme.
Except, I’ve never actually seen an airline use those things...

Which is why I wouldn't be surprised if they define some things as wagons (4 wheels, flat, etc) It's just easier to eliminate everything that looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and call it a duck, rather than having it be called a dog.
That makes sense. I’m not someone with kids and haven’t had to deal with stroller lingo or compliance, which is why the enforcement of this interests me. But there’s certainly some hypothetical solutions to help enforce the issue that have been put forth here that make sense

Our DD only used a stroller in the parks until she was about 4 (she's an adult now). One observation I have made is that many kids today are so much less physically active than they could be. If a child is used to spending hours online, playing video games, watching TV, etc. and doesn't eat well, they will have no stamina in the parks. Our DD was always very active and walked miles on end with no problem so it made it easy to do Disney without a stroller once she didn't need one to nap. Unless there is a medical reason that prevents activity, it would be great to see kids grow up as healthy, active people that don't need mobility devices like strollers or ECVs to get around. I wish I paid more attention to my physical fitness when I was young. Trying to change things when you are approaching your golden years is a bit more of a challenge but absolutely still worth doing.

Why are parents so worried that their kids can't walk several miles a day? Kids have WAY more stamina than most adults. The kids who spend all day being pushed around in strollers are the same ones running around restaurants acting crazy because they have so much pent up energy. Make those kids walk from a young age and you will have the best behaved kids ever when you sit down to eat, because they will be grateful for the opportunity to sit and relax.

Oir kids are both autistic. The younger one has low muscle tone. Even with that, we ditched the stroller when my youngest was 4. We worked up to walking several miles in the parks. He wasn't going go get any stronger by being pushed around. Sometimes at the parks, he says "my feet are hurting" and I say to him "mine are too, you want to leave?" All of a sudden, he's fine. We take breaks and sit down several times. We don't push anyone further than their limits. When we are tired, we leave. Why is this such a hard thing for families to do?

The stroller situation is out of control in the parks and I'm glad Disney will be enforcing their own rules.

I am definitely in this camp :thumbsup2

Can you imagine how hard that would be to push in a crowd? Pushing a single stroller in a crowd and trying to avoid hitting people when they jump in front of you is already hard enough, these things have got to be ankle breakers.
I walked next to one of the themed ones trying to get around the parade crowd in Liberty Square. The thing looked impossible to maneuver, it had a massive turn radius for a stroller. The lady basically ended up getting stuck until the crowd cleared out.

I’m wondering if Disney will eventually move to more generalized rules. Like I understand the arguments being made on why Keenz may still be allowed, but it makes the CMs jobs a lot easier if they just say “no wagons no matter how they move”

Also could see them saying no to jogging strollers (those wheels can add a lot of width) and no to the cutesy carriages/MFs (unless a pre-arranged special trip with Disney like make a wish). Or they make just make a banned list like no Bob Revolutions or whatever has a wide bearth.

(I’m just wondering out loud here, not trying to claim thats what they WILL do). Honestly I think their measurements are still kind of crazy, you can find much smaller double strollers. I saw a woman in a FB group once talking about bringing in her triple wide stroller and refusing to believe anyone who said it wouldn’t be allowed. Always wonder how she faired haha

I'm at the World now. I have never seen so many of the keenz wagons or whatever they are called. I used to see them here and there, and I know they were designed mainly for special needs kids. But this is insane. It is difficult to walk anywhere because of these and the doublewides. I don't care if your kid is 11 and wants a stroller. Not my business. But cmon people. These behemoths have really pushed the boundaries and ruined it for kids that really NEED them (as opposed to the people just carting around their crap or one small kid). I truly hope they start enforcing the rules here and I truly feel for the families that have kiddos that really truly need the wagons.

I'm at the World now. I have never seen so many of the keenz wagons or whatever they are called. I used to see them here and there, and I know they were designed mainly for special needs kids. But this is insane. It is difficult to walk anywhere because of these and the doublewides. I don't care if your kid is 11 and wants a stroller. Not my business. But cmon people. These behemoths have really pushed the boundaries and ruined it for kids that really NEED them (as opposed to the people just carting around their crap or one small kid). I truly hope they start enforcing the rules here and I truly feel for the families that have kiddos that really truly need the wagons.
One thing about the Keenz is I bet a lot of people use them with one kid even though they are the size of a double. No one is renting a double BOB for one kid. I know my neighbor takes their Keenz for one kid.

One thing about the Keenz is I bet a lot of people use them with one kid even though they are the size of a double. No one is renting a double BOB for one kid. I know my neighbor takes their Keenz for one kid.
I don't know what people generally do, but I have seen tons of doubles with only one kid, and strollers woth absolutely no kids in sight, just a means to cart stuff. This is the most insane I've ever seen it in regards to strollers, wagons, and scooters. I am leaving AK right now and there was a family with a straight up wagon wandering the park. No wheelchair tag, no push wagon, just a plain giant wagon.

Also, if you need a scooter, don't let your kid drive it through the park. I mean 10 year olds have absolutely no reason to be driving these things.

The keenz just look so uncomfortable. I can't see a kid taking a nap unless mom brings along a blanket for cushioning.

Basically, I would imagine this would be checked as you are going through security, just like Selfie Sticks or any other banned items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter