stuck in the last corral!

I submitted proof of time when I registered. I have done goofy the last 6 years and yet today when I checked my bib I am in coral N, like I never submitted time. What gives?

I submitted proof of time when I registered. I have done goofy the last 6 years and yet today when I checked my bib I am in coral N, like I never submitted time. What gives?

There was a new system this year. When everyone registered in April there was no location to enter a proof of time. However, it did have you check off a box that stated something to the effect of "Do you understand that you will need to submit a proof of time when a link appears on rundisney on such and such date in the future?" Check your receipt as it will state this ("Yes, I understand"). Then about a month after registration, the link appeared on rundisney and you were required to submit the POT at that time through early October. If you have proof (a screen shot, saved receipt, email, etc.) where you believe it validates you submitted a proof of time, then email/call rundisney and maybe they can help you. Otherwise, try runners relations at the expo with the same proof. If you don't have proof it might be tougher to show that you did submit it.

Dopey badger appreciate the info but the difference was my link did have a spot to put in time when I registered not simply check a box. The reason I know this as my DH signed up for the half and he said there was no place to enter proof of time. I questioned him because I had a spot to enter it. Also my friend who signed up well after me did the same thing. If I did NOT have a spot to enter my time when I registered I would have done what my husband did. I did sign up fairly early, however I think the issue was with the website, when I registered I had a place to submit proof, and that space probably should not have been there. Other people experienced something similar. I am disappointed but I don't need the extra time.

Hmm, interesting. I hadn't heard of this. Then I'd assume it should show up on your receipt as it should show the answers to all of the questions. Check your email from 4/28/15 and you should have an email from support@active.com that states "Payment Receipt". Does it show it there? If it does, then you should have verifiable info that the mistake was on their end.

Argh! I forgot to submit a proof of time and now am stuck in the last corral for the marathon on Sunday. A few questions to help me make the best of it:
1--what time can I realistically expect to start? May as well sleep a little later Sunday :(
2--how crowded can I expect it to be throughout? My best marathon is a 3:26, I usually run a 3:45. I don't mind dodging people, but hate the thought of having to walk because I'm completely without options.
3--will I be alone in my forgetfulness? Will there be other slackers like me?
4--is there ANYTHING at all I can do to get out of it? Christmas miracle?

Not posting this because I begrudge those who want to go slow--I'm just frustrated with myself!

I started out of P last year running Goofy. These were my very first races and I simply had no times to submit. I had been running for several years already, and though not as fast as you, I figured I would be faster than many of the runners in the corral with me. I did the following to try to help myself:

1) I got to the corral as early as I could and went right up to the front of the corral.
2) When P started I took off and made a game of trying to catch the next corral.
3) As soon as things began to bog down I'd shift to the left and tried to run most of the race there making it easier to pass.

I will also say people were really pretty cool about letting you pass and when it got really crowded I just told myself to relax and remember I am in Disney. It wasn't that bad, but a big piece of this was me deciding to not let it be bad. I was happy with my effort, being in the parks and reaching the finish line. (And since they wer both my first races, immediate PR's!)

Argh! I forgot to submit a proof of time and now am stuck in the last corral for the marathon on Sunday. A few questions to help me make the best of it:
1--what time can I realistically expect to start? May as well sleep a little later Sunday :(
2--how crowded can I expect it to be throughout? My best marathon is a 3:26, I usually run a 3:45. I don't mind dodging people, but hate the thought of having to walk because I'm completely without options.

Not posting this because I begrudge those who want to go slow--I'm just frustrated with myself!

Your situation of not having submitted time is not unique. DH never submitted a marathon time either. I don't even know which corral is the last one, but he got corral H. He did submit a 10K time, but that's not supposed to apply for the marathon. His 10K and 5K corral placements are blank, I think he said, so he won't know until he gets there. BTW, he got his corral placement switched when he got there a few years ago, because the proof of time he submitted wasn't from a chipped race (where we live is pretty backwards-races around here are rarely chipped).

You're not alone. Sadly, my daughter and I are in your same boat and will have to dodge 200#plus 16-17 minute mile walkers as well. I've been on the phone with Track Shack and runDisney all week and no one wants to make the command decision to place us in our correct corrals so corral P it is. Oh well, we'll try and make the best out of it, have fun, take tons of pics, drink a few drinks, ride a few rides and we'll still get the medals in the end to add to the collection.

You're not alone. Sadly, my daughter and I are in your same boat and will have to dodge 200#plus 16-17 minute mile walkers as well. I've been on the phone with Track Shack and runDisney all week and no one wants to make the command decision to place us in our correct corrals so corral P it is. Oh well, we'll try and make the best out of it, have fun, take tons of pics, drink a few drinks, ride a few rides and we'll still get the medals in the end to add to the collection.

One year ago I ran out of P, and for the record I weigh about 230 pounds. So based on your comments above I guess I should be pretty excited about my 8:30 mile pace; seems considerably faster than 16-17 minute mile pace. Just trying to say I think it would be better to leave size out of it. Outside the elites running ability is not measured by size as much as by effort. Comments on size are what keep people from getting involved in running to begin with.

P was actually a lot of fun, some great people and some runners who really pushed me. Hope the race is a good one for you.

How sad for you...and how brave you both are.

o_O

One year ago I ran out of P, and for the record I weigh about 230 pounds. So based on your comments above I guess I should be pretty excited about my 8:30 mile pace; seems considerably faster than 16-17 minute mile pace. Just trying to say I think it would be better to leave size out of it. Outside the elites running ability is not measured by size as much as by effort. Comments on size are what keep people from getting involved in running to begin with.

P was actually a lot of fun, some great people and some runners who really pushed me. Hope the race is a good one for you.

Well said. Comments on size don't belong here. One's size has absolutely nothing to do with what corral you are worthy of being in, whether you run or walk, or whether you should be considered an obstacle to people who think they are better than you are.

Well said. Comments on size don't belong here. One's size has absolutely nothing to do with what corral you are worthy of being in, whether you run or walk, or whether you should be considered an obstacle to people who think they are better than you are.

I was reserving comment on the initial post because I am hoping that the intent of the comment was not as insensitive as it reads. I'm not exactly a small guy, but I was significantly larger when I finished my first couple of Disney races. It was very difficult, and at times felt quite embarrassing, moving at a pace that was considerably slower than many others. However, were it not for those races I probably would have never made strides to stay active, get healthier and continue to improve my fitness. Feelings of judgment from others is a very difficult barrier to overcome, whether those judgments are real or imagined, and it leads many to give up their efforts before they even really get started. One of the reasons I felt comfortable doing those races was because the Disney atmosphere was so positive. It helped me to overcome my embarrassment and start my road to achievement.

Obviously, I can't speak for everyone. But I'm fairly comfortable saying that myself and most others have no intention of slowing quicker runners and do everything we can to be courteous and respectful of every runner out there. I think you'll find your experience from the later corrals can still be pretty awesome. I understand the frustration at not being in the corrals you were expecting, but I don't think you're going to have to try too hard to have a great time anyway.

Sadly, my daughter and I are in your same boat and will have to dodge 200#plus 16-17 minute

I had to actually re-read this a couple of times. my brain couldn't process someone making a size comment of this forum. Initially I read it as "200 plus." and thought this person drastically underestimated the number of people they are going to pass. I'm in the boarderline 200# so it depends on the day for me. I'm not the thinnest or the fastest so I don't really feel comfortable commenting on other people's speeds or weight. It reminds me of this SR71 (the fastest plane ever) pilots story:

We listened as the shaky voice of a lone Cessna pilot asked Center for a readout of his ground speed. Center replied: "November Charlie 175, I'm showing you at ninety knots on the ground. Just moments after the Cessna's inquiry, a Twin Beech piped up on frequency, in a rather superior tone, asking for his ground speed. "I have you at one hundred and twenty-five knots of ground speed." Boy, I thought, the Beechcraft really must think he is dazzling his Cessna brethren. Then out of the blue, a navy F-18 pilot out of NAS Lemoore came up on frequency. You knew right away it was a Navy jock because he sounded very cool on the radios. "Center, Dusty 52 ground speed check". Before Center could reply, I'm thinking to myself, hey, Dusty 52 has a ground speed indicator in that million-dollar cockpit, so why is he asking Center for a readout? Then I got it, ol' Dusty here is making sure that every bug smasher from Mount Whitney to the Mojave knows what true speed is. He's the fastest dude in the valley today, and he just wants everyone to know how much fun he is having in his new Hornet. And the reply, always with that same, calm, voice, with more distinct alliteration than emotion: "Dusty 52, Center, we have you at 620 on the ground.
That was the very moment that I knew Walter (the sr71 co-pilot) and I had become a crew. Very professionally, and with no emotion, Walter spoke: "Los Angeles Center, Aspen 20, can you give us a ground speed check?" There was no hesitation, and the replay came as if was an everyday request. "Aspen 20, I show you at one thousand eight hundred and forty-two knots, across the ground."

Unless your toeing the line with the elites, and I'd guess very few on this forum are, this is all about having fun. Its about challenging and pushing ourselves. If you're gonna knock other people's speed or weight, you got to know there are other people out there that could easily do the same thing to you.

I think the new policy of not adjusting your start corral at the Expo is unsafe. It causes many like the OP (especially since they changed the way you submit proof of time as well) to start behind many much slower runners. And the purpose of corrals in the first place is so this doesn't happen. As an example, my first marathon was the 2003 Disney Marathon. I had no proof of time to submit when I registered because I had never run a race, so I was placed in the G Corral (the last one, or near last, at the time). I ran a half marathon 5 weeks before the race in a time of 1:38. I was then able to take these results to the Expo and get a sticker to get into Corral A. I ended up running a 3:27 and finished 392nd overall. If the policy they have now was in place then, I definitely would have been tempted to "corral jump" instead of starting at or near the back.

I think if people follow proper race etiquette ( both fast and slower) runners, it will be fine. My guess is the number of super fast people who didn't submit in time is probably pretty small in the overall number of racers. If it was any other race besides runDisney, I could see it being a bigger problem.

I think the new policy of not adjusting your start corral at the Expo is unsafe. It causes many like the OP (especially since they changed the way you submit proof of time as well) to start behind many much slower runners. And the purpose of corrals in the first place is so this doesn't happen. As an example, my first marathon was the 2003 Disney Marathon. I had no proof of time to submit when I registered because I had never run a race, so I was placed in the G Corral (the last one, or near last, at the time). I ran a half marathon 5 weeks before the race in a time of 1:38. I was then able to take these results to the Expo and get a sticker to get into Corral A. I ended up running a 3:27 and finished 392nd overall. If the policy they have now was in place then, I definitely would have been tempted to "corral jump" instead of starting at or near the back.

Do you remember how many people did the marathon in 2003? Were there even challenges back then?

runDisney had a massive boom about 3/4 years ago and since then things have had to change due to runs that sell out in minutes and jam packed races. It was easy to change things last minute when it was a hundred or two people. When 1,000 people or more want to make a change at the expo and some only being a corral or two then it gets out of hand.

Do you remember how many people did the marathon in 2003? Were there even challenges back then?

runDisney had a massive boom about 3/4 years ago and since then things have had to change due to runs that sell out in minutes and jam packed races. It was easy to change things last minute when it was a hundred or two people. When 1,000 people or more want to make a change at the expo and some only being a corral or two then it gets out of hand.

In 2003 there were 9404 finishers for the WDW marathon. So while it wasn't a small race it was less than half the size of the 2015 Marathon. From 2003 to about 2012 It grew from 9000 about 14000 runners. In 2013 for the 20th anniversary it jumped from 13400 finishers to over 20,000.

In 2003 there were 9404 finishers for the WDW marathon. So while it wasn't a small race it was less than half the size of the 2015 Marathon. From 2003 to about 2012 It grew from 9000 about 14000 runners. In 2013 for the 20th anniversary it jumped from 13400 finishers to over 20,000.

Thanks for the numbers! Yeah double the runners on course means lagistics have to change. 2012 was when I started doing runDisney so I'm apart of the "boom". If it was something like 1 out of every 100 runners needing to change it might not be a big deal because that's only 200 people but based on the lines I use to see at runner relations it had to be more than that.

Wow! I did not realize how quickly that grew. With those numbers the policy makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter