Studio Availabilty

flowrida

Mouseketeer
Hello friends,

We are just nearing the end of the process of becoming DVC members and have a question for the more experienced members. We are hoping to book one week beginning of December in a Studio, not fussed which resort, and would like to know whether it is usually quite easy to get a studio at this time or am i likely to find availability problems?

look forward to hearing from you.

That is one of the busiest and most popular times for DVC resorts. Therefore, it is often difficult to get accomodations at this late a date. However, one never knows about availability until one calls, and if you are flexible and willing to switch between resorts to piece together the nights you need you may very well be able to get something. Good luck!

How difficult is it to get the first week in December? We plan to go the first week in December 2006 and we'd like to stay in a two-bedroom at OKW but our home is SSR. We've been told to call in January and book at SSR then call in May to switch to OKW. Will May be too late for OKW? For that matter, will we have trouble getting a two-bedroom at SSR even 11 months out?

We're used to booking early, since we normally stay at Shades of Green and have to book a year out. But this talk of early December being hard to get at DVC is scaring me!

Maggie

And even if you have to switch when you make your ressies get on waitlist for a smoother stay. I'm sure that MS will help you make that first ressie.

Pixie Dust! I hope you can get something!!

Bobbi :wizard:

Yes, early December is the most difficult DVC reservation to get on short notice, and a studio is going to be particularily difficult on short notice. The best thing to do would be to call MS and see if the waitlists are too long. You can always try for an automatic waitlist at ANY on-site DVC, but I wouldn't hold my breath for this year.

at 11 months you will be fine.

the only problems at 11 months that I have had were with the standard view at BWV.

Just remember to call in Jan for your 2-bedroom at SSR, changing in May to OKW should not be a problem either. Now BWV, bcv or VWL might be a problem - but sometimes the wait list comes through on them.

Dec has always been very, very popular with DVC members. Low points, low crowds, great entertainment and everything is decorated. What not to love?

I've never tried to book a DVC resort in early Dec. But I can tell you I was waitlisted at OKW (and every other DVC resort) last year, 60 days out for early Nov. I was looking for a 2 bedroom or 2 studios. Nothing ever came through. A few years earlier, I waitlisted for OKW (any size unit) for the week between Christmas and New Years (again, about 60 days out) and nothing ever came through. But anything can happen. Good luck and congrats and welcome home :flower:

1) Tough time for a studio.
2) Even at 11-month window, you need to call as soon as allowed.
3) Right now, don't look forward to a week in a studio.
4) Everything is pretty well booked.

NOTE: One of DVC's greatest advantages is also one of it's biggest pitfalls. The ability to go anytime can cause a problem. Imagine if 16-weeks of people all try for the same 2-weeks in December. Many people book what they can. They go on a daily wait list to see if day-by-day their desired days come through.

flowrida said:
Hello friends,

We are just nearing the end of the process of becoming DVC members and have a question for the more experienced members. We are hoping to book one week beginning of December in a Studio, not fussed which resort, and would like to know whether it is usually quite easy to get a studio at this time or am i likely to find availability problems?

look forward to hearing from you.

You will have problems, as a member, it is best to try and book your rooms at the 11 month window or at least before the 7 month. December is the most popular time of the year with members which makes it tough. I would wait until Janurary and make your reservations then for the December 2006.

I guess we have been lucky......we don't like to book too far ahead of time and we take our chances and have never been disappointed. (I hope I didn't jinx myself here) As an example, last December, my son wanted to go to Florida to look for a job and if I remember correctly it was like the week before Christmas. As luck would have it he was able to get a studio at OKW and SSR.

My thoughts are--------- always try because you just never know.

Good Luck :Pinkbounc

Just tried for any 4 nights the first 2 weeks of December. I could get one here and one there, but nothing that really fit together. We would spend 4 nights at 3 different hotels. We'd spend more time moving than enjoying a quick trip to Disney. I'm re-thinking my plans

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter