Studio with family of four - any tips to conserve space!

lynetteSC

Have you ever been BACK-DOORED?
We have stayed in a BLT studio before our youngest was born, I know the studio will feel even smaller with a toddler... Any tips for saving space? TIA!

It may sound obvious but dont overpack. My husband put the suitcase up in the closet on the shelf which helped. If you bring multiple suitcases, try to bring ones that fit inside the other so when you unpack you can put the smaller empty inside the larger. The kitchen has lots of storage so use that storage, even for stuff you might not normally put in the kitchen. Try to bring a stroller that is a good folder and keep it by where the lock off door is. As a comparison even though the vgf studio is much more spacious i felt the storage at blt is better. I stay in studios (even with kids) because i prefer many nights to larger units so its a choice i make. Have fun.

Take the time to fold up the couch every morning. It will feel much more spacious. If you spend time other than sleeping in the room, then it will help a lot. What are your planned sleeping arrangements? What is the age of your other child/ren? If the toddler is still in a pack n play and the other child is small and flexible with sleeping arrangements, then don't pull out the bed and have the older just sleep on a sheet covered couch. Won't work for every child and depends on your plans.

Organization is key. Use the drawers and other spaces to keep stuff organized so your suitcases don't become a jumbled mess. Many people use a box by the door to drop shoes/mb and other items from the parks so everything is in one place every time you need it... Then put the box above the reach of the toddler. Basically, a picked up room will always feel more spacious than a messy one and be less stressful when looking for stuff. I also bring a pop up hamper to store dirty clothes. Helps a lot.

We just spent 2 nights in a BLT studio with four people.
Since there are no dedicated studios, all the studios have a fairly large area just inside the entry door where the door that connects the one bedroom to the studio is located. Since you will never use that connecting door, you can put a lot of stuff, like empty suitcases, in that area and it is totally out of the way from the bed, couch, kitchenette, and bathroom.

Since there are no dedicated studios, all the studios have a fairly large area just inside the entry door where the door that connects the one bedroom to the studio is located. Since you will never use that connecting door, you can put a lot of stuff, like empty suitcases, in that area and it is totally out of the way from the bed, couch, kitchenette, and bathroom.

We also spent a couple of nights with 4 people since that was all the remaining points I had and didn't want to dip into borrowing. Next time I will happily borrow.

4 people equaled about 8 pairs of shoes everywhere. Shoes were so annoying! And by shoes I mean sandals, crocs, tennis shoes, whatever. I couldn't walk without seeing or stepping on a shoe! Wait! I just had an idea - bring a shoe organizer and actually use it for - shoes!!!!

But BLT is one of those resorts I'll give up space just for the pleasure of walking over and back to MK!

But BLT is one of those resorts I'll give up space just for the pleasure of walking over and back to MK!

THIS! :)

VGF booked - even at the 7 month mark when I called! :confused3

Kids are 9 and 1 - so, I was thinking to leave sofa folded up and then toddler in pack and play! Great plan!

Great ideas - thanks!

Maybe a Rubbermaid (near lock-off door) or something similar for shoes?

We have stayed in a BLT studio before our youngest was born, I know the studio will feel even smaller with a toddler... Any tips for saving space? TIA!

How about moving to the VWL in a studio? Fewer points, still close to the MK (take a boat or a quick bus that doesn't stop anywhere else).

And for the points of the GFV studio, you could get a one bedroom at OKW or another resort.

We stayed in a Standard studio at AKL kidani last September with 4 people- 2 adults and two boys(4 and 6). We honestly felt like we had plenty of room. We folded up the sofa each morning which helps with space and really watched how much we packed... AKL had plenty of storage, not sure about other locations

We stayed in a Standard studio at AKL kidani last September with 4 people- 2 adults and two boys(4 and 6). We honestly felt like we had plenty of room. We folded up the sofa each morning which helps with space and really watched how much we packed... AKL had plenty of storage, not sure about other locations

But your studio is bigger than the BLT studio.

We stayed in a studio at BCV and it was small but really just fine. Organize each day and it helps..also many families bring an over the door holder for the bathroom..we did not but we were fine. Btw I always bring a no-slip mat for the tub..the tuba can be slick. Pack light and have snacks delivered via garden grocer..ship diapers. We had a really nice trip.

We stayed in a studio at BCV and it was small but really just fine. Organize each day and it helps..also many families bring an over the door holder for the bathroom..we did not but we were fine. Btw I always bring a no-slip mat for the tub..the tuba can be slick. Pack light and have snacks delivered via garden grocer..ship diapers. We had a really nice trip.

Same as KV. The BCV studio is bigger than the BLT studio.

I so agree there is a lot of space, even enough for a stroller.

It's true that BLT studios are smaller.

AKV Kidani - 366
Jambo - 365
Value - 316
BCV - 365
BLT - 339
BWV - 359
OKW - 390
SSR - 344
VGC - 379
VGF - 374
VWL - 356
Aulani - 356

However, I much prefer the layout at BLT, AKV or VGF because the connecting door to the 1 BR lockoff is close to the door to the hallway. It means that noise from the neighbor's living room does not filter into the studio. We stayed in a VWL studio that the neighbors noise made us want to avoid our studio.

The kitchen at BLT has a lot more storage than any other studio and it really helps to organize. The worse part of a BLT studio IMO is the bathroom because there is not separate area for the sink. It makes it harder for two to get ready at the same time. VGF has two sinks in a bathroom that can be separated into two rooms with a pocket door.

DSCN4328_zps511ab88d.jpg

The problem with the BLT studio is that the bathroom is fairly large compared to other studio bathrooms. The kitchenette is also fairly large compared to the others. The entrance way is long. So what you get left is the living area and it is small. The bed and sleeper sofa are pretty much wall to wall with very little space between. And not much room at the foot of the bed.

If you don't have to open the sleeper sofa, you might get a bit more room. But once it is opened, it is hard to manuver around the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter