Stuff in Stollers: Safe?

I'm bringing a MacLaren Quest stroller for my DD to use when we go in October. Since this is on the expensive side, I do not want it to disappear. I bought a cable lock thing from QVC to lock around the wheels. I know people say you shouldn't do this, because the castmembers sometimes move the strollers around, but I work hard for my money and don't want it to disappear. I won't lock it to a fence or anything just the wheel together to prevent it from being taken.

Here is the link for the lock in case anyone wants it. It seems pretty good. I like the how the numbers light up so you can see them in the dark.

http://www.qvc.com/asp/frameset.asp...rames=y&referrer=QVC&txtDesc=H69756&Submit=Go

Renee'

Originally posted by meandtheguys
Pal Mickey was left for 2 mins and was gone. Watch your stuff, and don't leave anything you would be heartbroken to lose, IMO.

Michelle

Don't mean to sound so grumpy!:blush:

This post, and the one about grandmother's wheelchair makes me very sad...How low can a person go?:confused:

I've never had anything taken out of a stroller, including backpack, etc. But I always took my camera with me.

Fast forward to this past January. DS is now 8 and doesn't want to ride in a stroller (cool!), but we still have the backpack with the change of clothes, his medication, extra sunglasses, suntan lotion, etc. Stuff I just didn't want to carry around. I went to Walmart and found THE CUTESET Tinkerbell backpack (on WHEELS!!) that had a smaller pack attached to the front of it. We got a locker for the bigger one and carried the smaller one (about the size of a fanny pack, but with shoulder straps) with us. Talk about an EASY trip!!!! No dragging around a big backpack. It was AWESOME!!!

Oh, and the tip about buying merchandise--I ALWAYS pick it up on the way out or have it delivered to the resort UNLESS someone is putting it on that very minute! Don't want to lose those souvies!!

piglet33--your DD is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Never have had a problem with stuff in the stroller. I jsut grab the backpack with the "good stuff" in it ( like camcorder, camera, etc) I wear a fanny pack for tickets and money, don't want to leave those in the backpack, I have had things taken out of the front pocket of a backpack at other places before and not even known.

I am a little more "annal" with our stroller (will be using a double this time) because one DD needs it like a wheelchair and if it is not there, it will cause her A LOT OF PROBLEMS. she can walk for short periods of time, but she gets tired and need to take breaks. the other seat is for the 3 yr old. she like to run and try to hide. NOT A GOOD THING at disney to have a 3 yr old wander around and try to hide from mom and dad and think it is funny.:earseek:

Never have had a problem with stuff in the stroller. I jsut grab the backpack with the "good stuff" in it ( like camcorder, camera, etc) I wear a fanny pack for tickets and money, don't want to leave those in the backpack, I have had things taken out of the front pocket of a backpack at other places before and not even known.

I am a little more "annal" with our stroller (will be using a double this time) because one DD needs it like a wheelchair and if it is not there, it will cause her A LOT OF PROBLEMS. she can walk for short periods of time, but she gets tired and need to take breaks. the other seat is for the 3 yr old. she like to run and try to hide. NOT A GOOD THING at disney to have a 3 yr old wander around and try to hide from mom and dad and think it is funny.:earseek:

I am one of those people in the crowd who take so much time becuse people are trying to jump the stroller or I am stopping ever 5 seconds becuase someone has stopped right in front of me and I do not want to run over someone,

I am a little more "annal" with our stroller (will be using a double this time) because one DD needs it like a wheelchair and if it is not there, it will cause her A LOT OF PROBLEMS. she can walk for short periods of time, but she gets tired and need to take breaks.
I don't know if you are aware of this, Anne, but if you need to use your stroller like a wheelchair, you can get a Guest Assistance Card from Guest Services in any of the parks that will allow the stroller to go in the lines and be treated like a wheelchair. Since most lines are wheelchair accessible, you would be able to bring the stroller with you and not have to deal with your child being too tired to walk in some of the longer distance lines. Follow the link in my signature to the disABILITIES Board if you want more info.
I bought a cable lock thing from QVC to lock around the wheels. I know people say you shouldn't do this, because the castmembers sometimes move the strollers around, but I work hard for my money and don't want it to disappear. I won't lock it to a fence or anything just the wheel together to prevent it from being taken.
For fire and evacuation reasons, they don't want strollers to be locked to anything or locked in a way that makes them impossible to move. CMs move strollers to keep a clear path and also to keep things orderly as strollers come and go. If you lock 2 wheels together, the stroller won't be able to be used, but can still be moved by lifting the locked wheels up and rolling it on the unlocked wheels. So, doing that would be perfectly fine.

Thanks Sue..

I have been over there and read a lot, post if I know or if I need a question answered.

We will also be traveling with someone who need an ECV for mobility/stamina issues (adult)

question regarding the stolen wheelchair, was it her OWN chair or a rented park chair?
If it was her chair did Disney ever recover it?

I would only leave items that could be replaced. When we used strollers I would leave the extra clothes and snacks, etc. But our camera and video recorder, wallets, etc. always came with us. Better safe than sorry.

I haven't used a stoller for quite some time, but my brother's stoller with all their stuff was taken at MK a couple of years ago. My brother and sister-in-law are both very careful and never leave valuable stuff, but none the less it happened to them. I really like the idea of using lockers, we still use them now that the kids are older. I think many people go to WDW and think they are pretty safe, but sorry to say you still have to be very careful even in the happiest place on earth.

Two years ago, my son left his Gameboy in his stroller. Of course, my husband and I each thought that the other had gotten it. Well, when we got off the ride and back to the stroller, it was gone! We never leave anything in the stroller, but this one time was a mistake, and boy did we suffer. We went to lost and found and filed a report, but nothing ever came of it. Oh well, life goes on.

Nov 2003 at MGM my son left his gameboy SP in the stroller and was gone we go to lost and found but nothing

We have not had anything stolen from our stroller, and I accidentally left my camera in it on more than one occasion! We did see a very sad theft one day. Crows were stealing someone's popcorn! They had left it on the top of the stroller.

We always leave stuff in our stroller while we go on the rides or see the shows and have never had a problem.:wave: :wave:

I see food taken from strollers every day by the MK wildlife..... the birds can become quite agressive (can't blame them considering folks love to throw food to them).... I've even seen entire baggies of snacks carried off!

As far as valuables, I can happily say that we've never had anything taken from our strollers.

Originally posted by rapriebe
A friend of mine took her brand new umbrella stroller (not a cheap one) to the parks and when she got off the ride, someone had replaced her stroller with an old, dirty one that was the same model. They even took her items from her stroller and put them in the old, dirty one and left it.

However, what comes around, goes around. Several days later they were parking the old stroller at a ride and spotted their new stroller. They were sure it was theirs because they had placed a hidden identification tag on it. So guess what, she swapped the stroller and gave the people back their old nasty stroller.

What a stroke of luck that she found hers. If it were me, I would have waited for the people to come back and questioned them but she was so glad to get her stroller back that she just left with it.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

what a great story!! I, too, am a firm believer of the "goes around comes around theory", but it is nice to actually hear of it happening! I think I would have found myself a security guard whiling waiting in ambush for the thieves to come back....:hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter