Such a stupid question regrading the das

You right I have to myob just like I do in real life

what do you mean by myob I am thinking this is a typo did you mean myself

but like a PP said you have no idea why people are leaving, I and or friend I was with have left lines for bathroom, job interview ( and she got the job) just did not want to ride but wanted to see the line, medical problems, phone call about a family member that was sick. SO if you do see someone leaving the line make up a funny story on why oh that person has to check in with there probation officer in 5 minutes and they have to check in holding a Micky icecream bar. ( something just totally off the wall) and then do a little happy dance because you just got that much closer to the ride.

Also, most of the people that do RD do it so they can ride the ride if you get there early enough and are near the front the chance you will see anyone leaving the line is slim to none and leaning towards none. You are really stressing out over something you have no control over, you have a few chose

1 FP the ride ( depending on when you are going and for how many days this could be very easy)

2 rope drop ( which sounds very doable for you with a not so long wait. maybe 15-20 minutes before the preshow and the last room there is so much to see you may not care if anyone leaves the line )

3 wait in the standby ( again a lot to look at and most people that leave the line have to do so not because they chicken out but because of other reasons)

4 if you can get a DAS then you will be in 1 group and be in the FP line where you have a chance of people chickening out at the end of the line near the ride itself.

Just to let you now that people do leave the lines and not because they are scared in the past 3 trips I have left the following line. The people mover ( 3 times) buzz ( maybe 4 or 5) laugh floor, carousel of progress, pooh, spaceship earth, jungle cruise, I am sure I am missing some ( and I was in the line and not waiting on my DAS return time) none of the lines I left was it I was too scared to ride but other reasons ( mostly the line itself was too much for me. The line I have left in all my life of going to Disney ( and let me tell you I have been a cupple hundreds maybe thousands of time) 1 one ride in all of Disney I left ( got in the ride car and had to leave because I was too scared) and this was space montion and now it is one of my all-time favourite rides

Not for reale drop they are joining me later and yes I was afraid of being rejected

I understand. I have an adult son with some challenges. He has Aspergers and was severely brain injured in an accident four years ago. He suffers from a huge amount of anxiety. He would be too afraid, or too stressed, or afraid of being rejected to request a DAS on his own. I always go in and ask for him. The CMs have always been extremely understanding and compassionate. It is perfectly fine to have a family member ask on your behalf. You have to be there, but you can wait outside. The CM will come outside, with your family member, and take care of everything out there for you.

While nobody can ever guarantee a DAS will be issued, I can assure you that they will not make you feel bad or uncomfortable.

If it helps any, I would take the chicken exit of FoP because I have a lot of problems wth motion sickness, and I am 99.9% sure I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I understood your post to be asking if you would get in the wrong line and take the chicken exit by accident. If that is what you're asking, you won't do that. You use the "chicken exit" by telling the CM at the area where they load the vehicle that you want to leave without riding. If you don't tell them that, they will direct you to board the ride.

If it helps any, I would take the chicken exit of FoP because I have a lot of problems wth motion sickness, and I am 99.9% sure I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I understood your post to be asking if you would get in the wrong line and take the chicken exit by accident. If that is what you're asking, you won't do that. You use the "chicken exit" by telling the CM at the area where they load the vehicle that you want to leave without riding. If you don't tell them that, they will direct you to board the ride.

No if I see too many people exiting I will chicken out thinking if they can't handle it there is no way I can

No if I see too many people exiting I will chicken out thinking if they can't handle it there is no way I can

While I completely understand that thought process, think about it ahead of time and give yourself credit for having handled much more in life than many others could. You WANT to do it, or you wouldn't even be here talking about it. :flower1: Think about it like that, and be faithful to yourself.

I know you are very anxious about this trip, and I am so glad that we have all been able to help answer your questions. I know that - for me personally - sometimes just having the information can make me feel better - knowing what to expect, right?

Just remember that when you see someone leave a ride or attraction through the bypass exit (let's don't call it the "chicken exit" because that just sets an expectation) that there may be many reasons for that person leaving before they experience the attraction.

I have been known to exit, when I have found that I can't safely load (or more often, be able to unload) the ride vehicle. I have known others who have had to exit after waiting in line because they had a bathroom issue. Or because when they actually got into the loading area, they realized it just wasn't something they wanted to ride. Parents with children often need to use the bypass exit, especially if a child has fallen asleep while in line. And I have personally been known to go through the queue (especially if the line is reasonable) just to experience the "pre-show" or the queue, and then leave without riding, especially if I know there have been changes to the pre-show, but not necessarily the ride itself.

And finally, sometimes people change their minds. What seemed like a good idea at the time, turned out to be not such a good idea, and so they leave before riding.

Your experience (not just at WDW, but everywhere) belongs to no one but you - so you will be in charge of how you handle things. Don't worry about what other people are doing - or why. Keep your focus on doing what is right or good for YOU, and you should have a lovely vacation! :)

I have no idea what form your anxiety takes, but rope drop is not a piece of cake. I find myself getting very anxious at rope drop. Am I in a good queue to get in? Will I be near the front of the queue to walk to FOP? Why aren't they opening? Am I heading the right way for the ride?
If you have to stop at Guest relations to ask for the DAS, the queue for FOP will be very long by the time you get there and your return time will be hours later. Can you get the DAS the day before? Then you could walk to FOP, get the return time and hopefully have a return within 1 hour.

I have no idea what form your anxiety takes, but rope drop is not a piece of cake. I find myself getting very anxious at rope drop. Am I in a good queue to get in? Will I be near the front of the queue to walk to FOP? Why aren't they opening? Am I heading the right way for the ride?
If you have to stop at Guest relations to ask for the DAS, the queue for FOP will be very long by the time you get there and your return time will be hours later. Can you get the DAS the day before? Then you could walk to FOP, get the return time and hopefully have a return within 1 hour.

I know nothing about DAS if I go to Disney springs will it be good for Ak the next day

I know nothing about DAS if I go to Disney springs will it be good for Ak the next day

you can not get a DAS at Disney springs only at the 3 main parks. I would go to Animal kingdom on your first day and wait until just after rope drop ( park opening) to ask about the DAS. if they give you one then you can set up a return time right then and there and not have to go to the attraction to get one. then you can slowly walk to FOP. if you do not qualify for a DAS then you are just out of luck and will have to wait in the standby line.

Full disclosure I was just put on new anti anxiety medication this week the good news is a das might not be needed but breakfast will be given that it’s a am med

Full disclosure I was just put on new anti anxiety medication this week the good news is a das might not be needed but breakfast will be given that it’s a am med

when are you going to Disney? I know you said but I forgot. And remember you can always go back and ask for a DAS and or get one and not use it.

As was mentioned, DAS can only be requested at one of the 4 Theme Parks. DAS gets attached to Magicbands/park tickets and can be at all 4 Theme Parks, but not the water parks or buses.

I don’t know if you saw this thread, but it will answer all your questions about DAS.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/

The first post is up to date. The other posts in the thread are from just before and just after DAS started being used; so, they are not current and don’t bother reading them.
February is a good time to go. Except for Presidents’ Day weekend and a few day around it, the crowd levels are pretty low.

If you are not sure about requesting DAS and want to wait, you can do that. It’s not necessary to request it the first trip to the park. Some people do prefer to try without it and see what issues they have. If you end up not needing it, fine. If you have issues in the lines, you can go to Guest Relations and tell the CM there what kinds of issues you actually had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter