Suggestions for 2 days

hulk51382

Mouseketeer
We are looking at booking a couple of days at one of the Loews hotels for our upcoming trip at the end of May. We were going to do a full week of Disney but wanted to give US a try. Are the deluxe resorts really worth the extra money just for EP? We plan on doing both parks.

Avoid the last weekend of May
Book one night at one of the premier hotels for the free perk of EP

A one night stay allows you check in and check out day with a valid ep for your booked party
Thanks! We are planning to check in the last Wednesday of May so we will miss the Memorial Day Weekend crowds.

Are the deluxe resorts really worth the extra money just for EP?

For us, it is almost mandatory. We usually end up going during busy times (Thanksgiving, March/April Spring Break), and the EPs are priceless.

Considering the cost of EP can be upwards of $170 per person per day, Deluxe Hotels seem like a bargain. 2 days of EPs for up to 5 people for the cost of a 1 night stay. Even if you don't use the room, you could still save a ton of money...

Book one night at one of the premier hotels for the free perk of EP

A one night stay allows you check in and check out day with a valid ep for your booked party

I am also looking to add a few days to go to Universal after our Disney trip. It will be my first time there as well. I need and would love feedback from you all on my plans and what I understand will work at Universal.

I am looking at the dates of July 3rd and 4th. So, if I understand correctly, I can check in July 3rd and can use the express pass all day on the third and then all day on the fourth if I stay at one of the premiere hotels on July 3rd.

And from what I have read in other threads, it will be possible for me to go to the hotel the morning of July 3rd and get the express passes even though our room will not be ready until later in the afternoon. Right? This will need to be done in person correct? And do everyone in my party have to be there in the am to get the express passes?

I am also looking to add a few days to go to Universal after our Disney trip. It will be my first time there as well. I need and would love feedback from you all on my plans and what I understand will work at Universal.

I am looking at the dates of July 3rd and 4th. So, if I understand correctly, I can check in July 3rd and can use the express pass all day on the third and then all day on the fourth if I stay at one of the premiere hotels on July 3rd.

And from what I have read in other threads, it will be possible for me to go to the hotel the morning of July 3rd and get the express passes even though our room will not be ready until later in the afternoon. Right? This will need to be done in person correct? And do everyone in my party have to be there in the am to get the express passes?

Yes, a one night stay gives you two full days of EP.

Check in as early as 6am, you will be given room keys for every person registered in the room. Even if the room isn’t ready. Then you can go and do EE as soon as the park is open if you choose.

No, everyone doesn’t need to be there. But one does need to pick up the physical room key As that is your EP. Names and date of the length of stay is printed on it.

If I am thinking about staying at Royal Pacific the first night, and then plan to check out and switch hotels the next night is the Rosen or Double tree at Univeral Entrance or Hyatt Place across from Universal the closest hotel? Is there another close hotel you would suggest?

Yes, a one night stay gives you two full days of EP.

Check in as early as 6am, you will be given room keys for every person registered in the room. Even if the room isn’t ready. Then you can go and do EE as soon as the park is open if you choose.

No, everyone doesn’t need to be there. But one does need to pick up the physical room key As that is your EP. Names and date of the length of stay is printed on it.

Thank you for such a quick and informative response. I appreciate the help!

If I am thinking about staying at Royal Pacific the first night, and then plan to check out and switch hotels the next night is the Rosen or Double tree at Univeral Entrance or Hyatt Place across from Universal the closest hotel? Is there another close hotel you would suggest?

Both of those seem to get decent reviews on here.

Have you looked at Sapphire Falls? It’s next to RP, and is stunning, but doesn’t have EP, but does have EE.....same as Aventura and Cabana Bay

If you still wanted to move completely offsite, consider The Drury Inn. It’s five minutes away on Turkey/Sandlake Rd, it consistently gets excellent reviews.

Oh, you’re very welcome :)

IMO, yes, its worth the money. A lot of people will stay at one just for one night to get the EPs for two days. Some will book it as a throwaway room because they have lodging elsewhere, but the room is cheaper than buying EP. But for us, we always stay at the deluxe resorts because we just enjoy them in addition to the huge benefit of the EP. Having EP for the duration allows us to sleep in, tour the parks at our leisure, not worry about early entry. We can go to the rides in any order, no criss-crossing the park. It just makes for a more laidback style of touring, which is worth the added cost to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!