Suggestions for Check-out day

ten6mom

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

We are adults looking for suggestions on what to do our last check out day (not a park day). We aren't sure whether to try to get a dining reservation at a resort restaurant or hang out around Disney Springs.

We have NO resort meal reservations planned (and are staying at CBR so no "real" dining there), nor do we expect to have time to see Disney Springs during the trip.

Our flight leaves at 5:30 PM and we will probably end up renting a car so I would guess we need to leave the general resort area no later than... 3? (Not really sure).

Does anyone have suggestions for us on where to eat or drink that last late morning/early afternoon? Reservations are of course limited.

Last edited:
We like to have a Bloody Mary/Bellini, eggs benedict brunch at the GF cafe on our last day. It has become a bit of a tradition.

There are a few places in the resorts and Disney Springs that offer Brunch, so perhaps find out which ones are open for Brunch now and do that around 10am to 11am, and then explore Disney Springs until time to head to the airport. If flying out of Orlando International(MCO), give yourself plenty of time to get through security. It’s not as much of a consideration if flying out of Sanford(SFB). Enjoy your trip.

There are a few places in the resorts and Disney Springs that offer Brunch, so perhaps find out which ones are open for Brunch now and do that around 10am to 11am, and then explore Disney Springs until time to head to the airport. If flying out of Orlando International(MCO), give yourself plenty of time to get through security. It’s not as much of a consideration if flying out of Sanford(SFB). Enjoy your trip.
Thank you; it is MCO.

Do you think we should leave earlier than 3 (for a 5:30 flight?)

Thank you; it is MCO.

Do you think we should leave earlier than 3 (for a 5:30 flight?)

I would leave between 2:30pm and 3pm. Security can be busy at times. I missed a flight once by ten minutes because I was stuck in the security line. Had to spend a night in the airport(and not in the hotel inside it). It’s worth allowing a little extra time considering MCO is one of the busiest airports in the nation.

I would leave between 2:30pm and 3pm. Security can be busy at times. I missed a flight once by ten minutes because I was stuck in the security line. Had to spend a night in the airport(and not in the hotel inside it). It’s worth allowing a little extra time considering MCO is one of the busiest airports in the nation.
OK that's the sort of insider info I need! Thanks so much.

And yet on the airport map it seems like a small, simple airport!

OK that's the sort of insider info I need! Thanks so much.

And yet on the airport map it seems like a small, simple airport!

It’s relatively small, but there is a train you have to board to get to the other buildings where the gates are. However, the main bottleneck is the lines at security. That’s why I recommend a time buffer if possible.

It’s relatively small, but there is a train you have to board to get to the other buildings where the gates are. However, the main bottleneck is the lines at security. That’s why I recommend a time buffer if possible.
And if the security people decide to work slowly, they really work slowly!

Definitely leave the resort area at 2:30. Security at MCO is notoriously slow. I bought TSA pre check because of MCO! Not sure what it’s like during COVID times, though.

In general, I’d suggest looking for a dining reservation at 11:00 or 11:30 am at Disney Springs. That leaves you time to get out of your room in the morning, eat, and see some of DS. An alternative is to leave the resort early and eat a TS meal for breakfast at a resort and then head to DS for whatever time you have.

I've been through MCO 6 times since Covid started, and every time it was completely empty. I have TSA precheck, and with that, in your situation i would leave the resort at 3:30 and wouldnt be concerned at all. But if you are the worrying type, i guess 3:00 would be good. Anything before that is just wasting resort time.

I've been through MCO 6 times since Covid started, and every time it was completely empty. I have TSA precheck, and with that, in your situation i would leave the resort at 3:30 and wouldnt be concerned at all. But if you are the worrying type, i guess 3:00 would be good. Anything before that is just wasting resort time.
This has been our experience with the MCO airport both times we were there post-covid. Security lines are much shorter than in pre-covid times.

You might want to look into a late breakfast at Trattoria al Forno or Ale & Compass over in the Boardwalk resort area. You could just hop on the skyliner to Epcot and walk there. Of, course if you have an ADR and want to drive, you could do that too. :)

If you are over in the Boardwalk area, you could look into doing a round of mini-golf over at Fantasia Gardens.

DH and I rode the busses to other resorts to look at their Christmas decor and layout, to decide if we'd ever want to stay there. We had a blast and it didn't cost a thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter